Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Any Morels yet?

Scooonie

I know it's early but with the recent rains and decent weather has anyone found any shrooms yet in Iowa?

I'm really craving a fat T-bone and beer battered Mushrooms!

Haven't heard of any yet, BUT, I would bet my life that grays will pop if we get the warmer weather we're supposed to at the end of this week and the rain they're calling for this weekend. First ray of sunlight and things will begin to happen.

Save the beer for drinkin. Cracker crumb breading and crappie is my style!

I found 3 greys on Friday in a spot where I find 50-75 every year. It's just a bit to early. Next week sometime they should start popping if we can get some sun after this rain here in Central Iowa.

Found around 50 small grays over the weekend. Had them tonight with fresh bacon wrapped wild turkey fillets, rib-eyes and brews!! :). YUMMMMMMMM!!!

picture.php

picture.php

Don't get any better than that right there! ;)

Last edited:
Found around 50 small grays over the weekend. Had them tonight with fresh bacon wrapped wild turkey fillets, rib-eyes and brews!! :). YUMMMMMMMM!!!

Dangit, I just drooled all over my laptop... Well done though

We found around 30 or so Greys Sat. - Sun. around Des Moines. Got pretty wet doing it but they have started.
Same as everyone else I think this week will just get better.

skully that aint even right!i found 25 last week but they were so small i cant find them in the fridge.

picture.php

picture.php

Yea there Skully, I see you are up to date on your Gitmo torture tactics... Man how can you do that to a guy. Not right dude! :D

Grrr.... I looked in Southern Iowa this weekend and couldnt come up with any. Dang, apparently I wasnt looking hard enough of something.

Another 2-3weeks and I might have them up here in MN. Although if it doesnt stop snowing it will be longer. Leave it to MN to be almost beginning of May and still snowing.

Heard of a few limited reports in central Iowa. Guess I'll find out on Friday, although if this rain doesn't stop one of these days I'm going in by boat or jumping out of an airplane by the look of it.

I found 3 pounds today, mix of grays and yellows. We get some sun and heat and we're in business.

Im still mad at you Skully.....

Id be on that like a fat kind on a bunch of shrooms and a steak!!!
:D

Top Bottom