Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anybody know this guy ?

I am venting here...so just bear with me..

This really pisses me off...
mad.gif

mad.gif
I have found another person selling my copyright / trademark protected decal designs.

His name is Larry Nagazina from Coopersburg, PA, He owns Arrowhead Archery and www.decals4hunters.com.

If any of you know this guy get word to him that I WILL NOT TOLERATE the stealing of my designs

I have placed him under a cease and desist order on 8/8/2004 and will proceed with criminal proceedings if my warning goes unheard.

I have worked very hard to build up my business to it's current state and I hand draw all of my designs...Thieves really piss me off
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Okay...someone else can have the soapbox now
grin.gif

feel your pain. Happens all the time. Did you actually go through the trouble to get them trademarked? I gave up a long time ago. I guess now the way I look at it.....I take it as a compliment....must have been a pretty decent design if someone wanted to copy it.

That would definitely piss me off too.When someone decides to take profit from the design of someone else's design and hard work it just is lower than dirt.
Maybe I will leave him a nasty little note.Hope things get better for ya soon.

makes me mad too, as far as i am concerned you got the best designs i have seen and you did a good thing by protecting them. anyways check with PAHunter, he lives up there maybe he can help ya! good luck deep woods!!!!
mad.gif

Not only is this dumbass using your design ...he is charging more than you. Maybe you can get him to send you the extra money.

[ QUOTE ]
Not only is this dumbass using your design ...he is charging more than you. Maybe you can get him to send you the extra money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh..Heh..That would be nice if I could...but..
If ya notice...not only is he selling my designs but he has copied our trademark slogan "We have the most awesome decals you will find anywhere" and other writngs from my website.
OOOoooo...I am wanting to open a can of whoop arse on this guy
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Deep Woods you could be right with the legal actions.It might be your only recourse.It sucks that he is takin advantage of your designs and even your slogan.I have seen your designs and they look awesome.
Hopefully you can get some retribution for his B.S actions.Good luck.

It looks like a lot of your decals are taken from other people's photo's. As a matter of fact one of your decals looks just like my avatar picture. Could just be a coincedence. Do you get consent from the people that own those pictures before you make a decal out of them? Just curious.

[ QUOTE ]
It looks like a lot of your decals are taken from other people's photo's. As a matter of fact one of your decals looks just like my avatar picture. Could just be a coincedence. Do you get consent from the people that own those pictures before you make a decal out of them? Just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]
My decals may be similar to some pictures or deer heads, but I hand draw each one of my decals. If I like the way a rack is shaped or something I may use it as a reference...but I never copy a picture of anybodys deer.

I guess there is a fine line between "similar and copying", but I will say you have good taste in antlers, and the decals come out very nicely detailed.

I don't usually do any posting, but I find this thread very intriguing. I, too looked at your website and a very large number of the decals are of very well known deer. Many of which are in the Legendary Whitetails Collection, Which is now owned by Bass Pro Shops. I would have to agree with Iowabruce in that many of them look to be copies of photos. In fact, I have a North American Whitetail Magazine in front of me that has what looks to be the exact same picture of one of your decals on the cover of it. The Nebraska General. And another is a carbon copy of Iowabruces Avatar Image. (minus the sticker on the left G-2.) Just some observations. Very far from being original designs in my opinion.

If I were taking any given deer and tracing it or copying it off of some ones website exactly as it was shown, as this guy is doing to my designs, then it is a problem but I don't copy any of them like I said. I may look at the antlers, or the turn of the head, body shape, and lighting on the animal as reference for my drawings..but I never copy any of them. All the artist I know use something of some sort as a reference for their work.
I am not trying to copy any bodys deer or image, I do get alot of ideas from images and mounts, but my drawings come from my hands and not from the images.

still got your back deep woods.
2guns.gif
rambo.gif
now when deer season comes along your on your own, 'cause i'll be busy!!!
grin.gif

Deepwoods, I would be pleased if I shot a deer and it was good enough for you to make decals that look similiar to it. I guess I think as long as you are hand drawing these decals more power to you. ( if I tried drawing them you wouldn't even be able to tell it was a deer, horse or just maybe a blob of ink)
grin.gif

I appreciate the time and energy it takes to do your drawings. I myself use reference material, but try to change as many aspects of that material where I believe the composition is my own.
82drawing-med.jpg

Great work, Iowabruce!

I try to do the same, sometimes I just get really close to my reference items, because I like the way the antlers are shaped, the mass or the lighting on my reference materials. Like I said before I do not copy anything, I understand what it takes as far as time and energy to produce an image or design like your drawing or my decal designs and that's the reason I won't copy anything.

Top Bottom