Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anybody seeing less deer than me?

iowabucks

I've been doing alot of working lately so i have only been out 4 times, all in the last 2 weeks, and have seen 0 deer from my stands.

i have hunted a different stand every time. I'm as scent free as possible, always have the wind in my favor, can get in and out of my stands without being seen, and see plenty of deer pics during the day on my trailcams.

But for some reason seen 0 deer. Very dissapointing. Last year i went out maybe 30 times and at least a third of the time i saw nothing. I think it's time to find some new farms to hunt.

Last edited:
I saw 13 Bucks and 42 Does last night, had 3 Bucks in at shooting range and a Doe and two Fawns. I had 2 Huge Bucks (8pt and a 13pt) and a Doe come in about 100 yards off to the South-west then a truck ruined it big time and they took off. I have yet to go out and not see a Deer within 100 yards of me this year.

Justin Bieber,

13 bucks and 42 does?! That's a bunch! If your always seeing a ton of deer and all these HUGE bucks that you say you are why would you settle for that little dinky spike buck you shot? I know if i had seen all those bucks on trail camera and all those that you saw while hunting i wouldn't have settled for that spike.

Couple nights ago, I saw a huge bodied giant down by my crick. Darn near dark, but he was one of those that you know right away, ya know. Sadly, I would say over half his rack is already gone. I hope I get to see the buck that whipped this guy..........ck

I was just sitting on my porch actually. Too dark to shoot. But my neighbor has about 2 acres of trees where the fences and 3 cricks converge and this is the only tree cover for a large area. There is a ladder stand there I have permission to use. But seldom do. Thinking that should change................ck

What are you sitting in/over?
Inside/outside corners of field edges, funnels.

I saw 13 Bucks and 42 Does last night
Wow, on an average night, when i am seeing deer, maybe 2 or 3 is about average. If i see 6 or more i feel i have seen alot. But then again, most of my stands are in the timber.

Of the 28 hunts i have in my hunting log from last year, 12 times i got skunked and when i did see deer, 3 or 4 were about average.

Last edited:
I think you & I are hunting the same place. I saw 4 deer in the last 32 hours on stand. I do have trails pics of some bucks randomly at 3 am. Public land is looking good right now. :way:

I saw 13 Bucks and 42 Does last night, had 3 Bucks in at shooting range and a Doe and two Fawns. I had 2 Huge Bucks (8pt and a 13pt) and a Doe come in about 100 yards off to the South-west then a truck ruined it big time and they took off. I have yet to go out and not see a Deer within 100 yards of me this year.
Bieber,
Can I ride the school bus home with you and have you show me the whiteyail way next weekend?

With your field sets you one to make sure you are by where the deer are coming from and leaving. I don't know to much on hunting funnels.

I sat in a shallow ravine tonight just between two cornfields to get out of the wind and did see 2 smaller bucks wrangling up about 4 does, so the curse is finally lifted. I just hope the deer sightings can become a little more consistant.

Yall need to shut the hell up and leave teenagehunter alone. Ya talk to much chit to him. Give him a brake. He can shoot any size buck we wants too. It was his first deer with a bow. My first deer was a spike with a bow and I was proud of it.

Mississippi redneck

Been sort of slow for me too but I am seeing a few deer.

Friday morning 4 bucks 6 does.
Friday night, nothing.
Saturday morning. 2 bucks, passed a 140.
Saturday night. Nothing.
Sunday morning. 5 bucks 1 doe.
Sunday night. 5 bucks 2 does.

Yall need to shut the hell up and leave teenagehunter alone. Ya talk to much chit to him. Give him a brake. He can shoot any size buck we wants too. It was his first deer with a bow. My first deer was a spike with a bow and I was proud of it.

Mississippi redneck

I don't think its so much the size of the deer he shoots, but the outrageous claims he makes. Personally, I think people like that deserve all the "chit" they are given.

I showed up today to find the corn picked in a 30 yard wide strip around the edge of the field. I thought this was going to be great. I saw a couple does but nothing close, then right at dark a buck chased a doe into the field and walked 20 yards right in front of me and stopped. It was so dark i couldn't tell the caliber of buck he was. Probably just average but i could tell it was an 8 or 10 pointer. I drew but couldn't see my pins. Wasn't going to take that shot.

Then after i got down a young hunter walked right past me on the edge of the field. Apparently he's hunting 40 yards down from me on his uncles land, just on the other side of the fence, facing the field. His uncle didn't want him walking on his property so he told his nephew to ask the landowner nextdoor (property i hunt) if you can walk down his field edge and apparently he let him. So quite frequently he will be walking down the edge of the timber right past my stand to get to his uncles stand, 40 yards from mine. Seemed like a nice kid but i'm upset because this is only a 4 acre piece of timber i'm hunting. The other 76 acres is corn. The deer figure you out pretty quick if you overhunt it. Guess i can't do much about it. Not my land.

He's not much into scent control either. Just jumped in his truck and drove off.

Like i said, i need to find some new places to hunt.

jw_wildfire said:
I don't think its so much the size of the deer he shoots, but the outrageous claims he makes. Personally, I think people like that deserve all the "chit" they are given.

Ya he's young I bet you all had outrageous claims when you started hunting. I know people that can sit on an field edge and see 40 to 50 does that is 5 miles from where I hunt in Mississippi. I see 3-6 deer. All places are different.

Mississippi redneck

well said jw_widfire, didn't mean to give him crap about the spike... but its just his stories are a bunch of BS in my opinion. And i'm sure many others feel the same

Thinkin Rut said:
Since when did TeenageHunter turn into a punching bag? Not all land is created equal.

Like thinkin rut said "not all land is created equal". I also said that I know people that see 40-50 deer in a field and I hunt 5 miles away and see 3-6 deer. He's young give him a break

Mississippi redneck

Top Bottom