Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Anyone Hunt Like This??

Freak and i do alotta scuba diving and we love to wack giant fish underwater in the depths all over the U.S.... This pic is NOT FROM THE OCEAN.. it is in God's country.. Northern Minn, Brainerd!! Iron ore Mines.

IMG_0003-3.jpg

Looks like fun T. Lots of stuff I haven't tried but want to before I croak. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Got certified in college and dove in Mexico and Jamaica as much as I could. I love to scuba. Never gave any thought to Minnesota (probably should have) but the clarity is pretty good in Devils Lake. Never hunted that way.

Never scuba....but I've been known to snorkel through the cabbage weeds and look to lay the smack down on a big ol' northern!

T-250, is there any damn thing you haven't done? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif My wife and I took a "Booze Cruise" in a glass bottom boat when we honeymooned in the Bahamas. They stopped on top of a corral reef and let us snorkel. "Wish we could have had scuba gear". The water was so clear I could see thirty feet to the bottom. Had a huge "Cuda" brush past me and when I surfaced someone yelled, "SHARK"!!!! I swam through several "warm spots" and drank enough salt water to pickle a hide but I survived the encounter. The wife was mad that I left her out there but hey, she was to young to remember "JAWS". /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif The shark only ended up being about three feet long and we watched it through the glass as is swam around under the boat. I'm not going in big water again without a spear gun, even though I can still out swim my wife. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Been over doing a little swimming in the mines aye?

AWESOME northern fishing over there. Little hard to catch, late in the summer/early fall is the best. They stock them with lake trout in the spring and the northerns feast on the young stock.

Have pulled plenty of jerk-baits over there.

Dean

I also road on a glass bottom boat and snorkled in the Florida Keys. I was picking up a bunch of these sea biscuits at the bottom of the ocean in about 6 foot of water. Gasped for water when my snorkel was under water. Then brushed up against a jellyfish. Wasnt good. My snorkeling skills are about as good as my gaffing skills.

Anything i have'nt done??,...........Not much honestly.. I said b4 "i can sleep when I'm dead"..... Truth is. " I was dead when i was born"......... " Now I'm just living the dream!"

GOt my SCUBA certification in the Crosby mine pits. Which pit is that picture taken in?

I have gotten into underwater videography now that I have an underwater housing for my video camera. I have videoed some pretty cool stuff.

I think that pic. is in Portsmouth. We dive the mine i believe north west of there (the one with the long island) the most. theres an old submerged road from the island to the shore that seems to hold giant pike, and the occasional 10lb eye. weve encountered alot of odd things in those mines before, snowmobile, beer truck, cars, trucks, underwater forrests, lots of fishing tackle. and of course giant fish that hang out in areas a person from a boat couldnt catch in a million years. seems as though monarch creaters find places to become monarchs. similar to big bucks.

I have been in several of them and it is amazing what is down there. Kinda scary to go look in the window of a sunken car... BOO!

Some big fish in there too. I had a 20-pound northern follow me around for a while.

If you ever get up to Okoboji, West lake is a great dive, and there is a dive shop right in arnolds park.

Did you guys do your certification throught he MN school of diving in Brainerd?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Typical250</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anything i have'nt done??,...........Not much honestly.. I said b4 "i can sleep when I'm dead"..... Truth is. " I was dead when i was born"......... " Now I'm just living the dream!"</div></div>

I'll do a one-up with you on things I'll bet I have done that you haven't!!

Of course I think I've got a few years head start on you.

I worked on a commercial fishing boat in ALaska.

Your turn...

Sucks for you....BRRRRRRRRRRRR!....Ummmmmmmmm, I have road 1st class on the deck of a NAVAL BATTLESHIP in Maryland and Chumed up 100lb. big eye TUNA and caught them on FLY TACKLE! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif.........and your turn now. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

I have fished in 4 different countries, hunted in 2 others....... set a Ocean City, Maryland state record for blue cat(freshwater) when i was i think 12yrs old.........have killed more than a half dozen FULL black pheasants.......shot a speckle bell with a completely black chest.....also shot a Hraliquin duck in Rohde Island........caught a 21 inch carppie out of RED ROCK.....ok i'll stop , go ahead /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

Top Bottom