Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Basically our January Antlerless Summed up...

That is great news for you guys to keep NR out for good. I was with 2 ohio land owners yesterday and we talked deer hunting and big deer. See 1 buck and none to very little end there has created a good environment to grow big bucks. Both guys want to buy here and both knew that Iowa was where they wanted to be but not now. They both have their finger on the big deer pulse and said we Iowa barley have a heart beat left. I almost wanted to argue with them but decided not to. That gun in the pic is a browning bar semi auto perfect for mowing down Iowa brown gold. Someone forward the link to this to the govs office.

I think i need a break from this stuff as its getting to me.

Last edited:
Looks like a picture i saw from paul fountains ground last year down in southern iowa. They shot around 100 deer. He has a lot of ground though.

A couple of the comments say Monona County Iowa..I guarantee thats not true...After two years of EHD there isnt that many deer left in Monona Co.

The guy in the picture looks like Ted Marum, he owns Tri State Outfitters and is a land manager that operates out of Zone 4 and Zone 5 around Appannose and Mornroe county. Hes been on Primetime Bucks a few times and I think he is connected with Ron Skoronski and Steve Snow. The article didn't say that it was from this season so who knows maybe it was from 5 years ago. Cant say its him for sure but it does look like him, he outfits in 3 states,Iowa Wisconsin and Missouri, so those deer could have come from more than just Iowa.

Live no way Paul would do that. I know him and will ask.

You know how the local gossip is. We went down to the cantril area and the guys we were hunting with were talking about a big group of guys that were hunting Paul's ground and shot like 90 deer and loaded them up in trailers and cargo trailers and took them up to Waterloo. You never know what is and what is not true these days.

Live
I know Paul and we are on the same page. I know his feeling on the shed buck issue and how much he loves his land. People say stuff about him but I will tell you he has always treated me fair and to me he has been a nice guy. People say this and people say that but I bet Paul would never let someone do that on his land. This ain't a Paul F issue.

Live
I know Paul and we are on the same page. I know his feeling on the shed buck issue and how much he loves his land. People say stuff about him but I will tell you he has always treated me fair and to me he has been a nice guy. People say this and people say that but I bet Paul would never let someone do that on his land. This ain't a Paul F issue.

I have heard nothing but good things about Paul to be honest. I wouldn't think he would allow it either.

No way an outfitter that relies on a good crop of deer to pay the bills would allow a slaughter like that. At least, a smart outfitter wouldn't allow that. I could be wrong. That picture is ridiculous. Pile 'em up I guess!

Top Bottom