Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BBD!!! 1st of year and a giant!!!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
BIG BOVINE DOWN!!! Has to be the greatest day of my life next to wedding and my boy being born!!! Story below :D....
picture.php

So anyone that knows me probably knows I detest cows. Got my revenge! Ha! New farm, old owners tried horses, 4 wheelers, roping, baiting, etc - could not get this last "crazy cow out". I was out doing some work with fam & friends there and the stupid thing came outta the timber doing some grazing on the crops. I quickly hurried back to the old farmer's place who is still renting house from me as he wanted it shot- thankfully he had a trusty 30-30 ready to go. Few minutes later the stalk was on. Crafty beast caught me on the stalk and bolted, a quick moment after stopping with the free hand shot at about 100 yards put old Betsy down for the count. What a glorious day, one less ground destroying, stinky, retarded animal & that's the last cow ever to step foot on my ground hopefully. :way: :D Gave it immediately to farmer and not sure how the heat impacted the decisions or whatever. Anyone know of a good taxidermist & what's you all's opinion on age and score? Plan on bringing the mount to the Classic this February. Maybe starting an outfitting business?

That's awesome! There's a wild one terrorizing the corn fields in our area. Won't let anybody get close. Thought about putting a stalk on her with the bow. Pry the closest I will ever get to experiencing black death!

I know several out here that I'd like do that to, but the crazy laws in this crazy state protect the cows/rancher over your own private property. Because of how our open range laws are, if you want to keep cows out of YOUR yard, YOU have to put up fencing. And if anything happens to a cow on YOUR private property, YOU are reimbursing the rancher for the cost of the cow and hoping that there won't be a civil suit against you. If you hit a cow with your car on open range, you are paying the rancher fair market price.

Now I will step off my soap box and congratulate you, Skip! That would make a great rug for the living room! And if you have that at the classic, I might just fly back to see it in person!

Awesome!!! Congrats. Somewhere I have a VHS tape of me shooting one with a bow. I should get it converted to DVD and upload.

I'll confirm a few rumors... Yes, Basspro has already made an offer to buy the mount. Rumors like the "Rompola Buck" have already started and no, I'm not letting anyone inspect it. Wendy's & Burger King are lighting my phone up as we speak. What a ride, never expected fame & fortune and all the jealousy but I guess comes with the territory.

Top Bottom