Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BDAHMS hunting log

Had a fairly slow evening as well I had a young fork walk right under me- about 30 minutes later a nice 8 that should be a stud in 2 years. And right behind him was my #1. He came in quick and of course only deer of the 3 I couldn't get a shot at. Back at it tomorrow AM

This morning was definitely like a switch flipped. Lots of action. I had an absolute monster come in- no pictures of him but I'll wait to guess how big he is until I have pictures or I kill him. Giant. And my buddy I brought down had my #1 33 yards away and shot under him. He didn't even flinch and just walked off.

I'm at the orchard tonight and I have had non stop action since I've been here. Rattled in a pretty nice 8- filmed that. Another buck came in- now the nice 8 and a shooter is out chasing two does like crazy in the corn. Fun day so far!

I have been missing out by not hunting this place. 2 wall hangers at the other end of the orchard. Never put cameras down there but I should.

Sat all day today and had action non stop! At least 5 deer around me at all times- back is pretty sore from not being able to much much. However - it seemed all I saw was mature Shooters yesterday- today was all young bucks and does Still a fun day

what a great weekend- exhausting! Now I am at my desk and just want to be back out there- Will prob head out this afternoon and every morning this week to the orchard

11224691_907322746544_6874173091454837307_n.jpg

Great so far - except I had to get down and put him back up. That same buck I rattled in on video blew him up. He is going to be a problem I can tell. Very aggressive

Great so far - except I had to get down and put him back up. That same buck I rattled in on video blew him up. He is going to be a problem I can tell. Very aggressive

I wish I had a good setup for a decoy, I'd love to see that in person.

I wish I had a good setup for a decoy, I'd love to see that in person.

I will try and film it next time it happens if it happens. I had my bow in hand because there were deer coming out of the orchard and was ready in case one of the 2 giants walked out. He busted one of the antlers off so I now have a 1/2 rack decoy unless I superglue it back

I will try and film it next time it happens if it happens. I had my bow in hand because there were deer coming out of the orchard and was ready in case one of the 2 giants walked out. He busted one of the antlers off so I now have a 1/2 rack decoy unless I superglue it back

Half rack decoys actually work pretty good.

Hopefully they like a 1/2 rack 1 ear decoy- that was busted off too. I need that bully buck going after a partially defenseless and half deaf buck:)

Looking at the 5 day forecast- up to 50 MPH gusts later this week??

Hopefully they like a 1/2 rack 1 ear decoy- that was busted off too. I need that bully buck going after a partially defenseless and half deaf buck:)

Looking at the 5 day forecast- up to 50 MPH gusts later this week??

I'd stick to the ground with that kind of wind.

Dont forget the fence post to hold your decoy in place then.

Fence post to keep you in place. Let the decoy blow around the field. Just keep a rope tied to it. Maybe a buck would think it's chasing something and come in to investigate. Then pull the decoy back to you and watch the buck come right in! Ok, probably only works in my mind!

You could use one of those concrete deer people put in their yards. It would be a bitch to pack in but it would hold up to the wind and any attackers! ;)

Top Bottom