Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BEST 3-D Deer Target???

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guys, need some advice/help.... What's the best deer target??? I want a bigger one, I see Glendel makes some bigger ones that I like BUT not sure if those are good? Delta makes some good ones it looks like??? Which ones suck OR should I stay away from some of them?? I really don't want to spend $250 on a target, 130-200 is about right. I like the looks (size) of Glendel Pre-rut and found it for $175 to my door BUT again, not sure if it's good or not? Tell me what to buy!!! Please tell me which ones to stay away from too! Thanks!

Rhinehart is the best by far in my opinion but pricey. Then again they last for a very long time.

The glendel looks good but from what I hear it has metal rods going up through legs. As long as you stay away from that area you shouldn't have an issue.

x 2 on the Rhinehart. It takes a little use to make the arrow removal easier but the inserts will last a long time. I have shot mine a ton over the last two years and it is still in great shape. I think they have several models that are under $200.
I have used the full rut also and it seems like a nice target but I still prefer the Rhinehart.
Let us know what you end up with.

I've pulled thousands of arrows out of 3d targets.. nothing beats a rhinehart.. hands down... hit up the rhinehart 100 shoot this year.. you won't get tired pulling arrows

Rhineheart are the best for pulling arrows. Does any store sell them around eastern Iowa?

Does any 3D target hold up in the weather?

I have a a full rut. Love the target.

A lot of these I'm seeing are almost $600, is that right?!?! I found some other Rineharts for 125 - what's the big difference and huge price change?!?!?!? I will get a Rinehart- what's the best one for around the $200 mark or a little less?

I got a Glen Del 3D this summer.....this is the smallest of the glen dell line.

I paid $150 for it and so far it has been really good.

I have always bought Delta targets in the past and they don't hold up....it is easy to shoot up one of them in a year.

I can already tell this Glen Del target will hold up a lot better then the delta targets ever did.

Rhinehart targets are nice, but so is a corvette.........I don't think I will be owning either anytime in the near future though. :D

Glen Del makes a good target for a fair price.

My full rut has had three guys shooting it for two years now and is still in great shape. I don't shoot many broadheads at it. I buy a cheap target for broadheads.

I to would like a Rhinehart but they are to much $$$. I got my Glen Del full rut on sale for $250. With the huge replaceable vitals its hard telling how many years I'll be shooting it.

I also have the Glen Del full rut, but have completely different opinions. I shoot alot, and my Glen Del lasted from June 08 to May of 09 before I was getting complete shoot through. Not impressed overall. Our archery club uses Rhinehart targets and they are phenomenal. You can replace the vitals on the full rut, but if you're going to do that every year, just buy a block target. I'm going on 4 1/2 yrs with my block. It is fun to shoot at a life size deer target though, just wish they held up better.

The block and the full rut vitals are basically the same thing. How are you shooting one up faster than the other? Im having the other. My block is wearing out faster than my full rut. But I shoot my block year round and the full rut from spring to late fall.

Last edited:
What about those Rineharts under $200??? I will look up and post link when I get home. Is that their budget/consumer model? It looks like the $600+ are the commercial/heavy duty models - don't wanna spend $600. But- they have the "cheap" models for under $200- r those good too? I will google and link those later.

Is there enough difference in the full rut model and the smaller model to justify paying the extra $100.00? I have shot the Rhineharts at 3-D shoots as well, and agree they are the cat's A**, but too much for my pocket book.........

Here you go Skip

Size of a 120lb deer $130
46865-rinehart-buck-target.jpg

28" shoulder hieght $185
28009rinehartbroadheaddeert.jpg

34" shoulder hieght 160lb deer $485
090707105140.png

They seem a little small to me but they are great targets.

And the bowhunter buck

$200 Simulates a 100-lb. deer. Height: 30". Length: 29".
37799f23d24f92bd70f81d824e7bcb3c.jpg

They should all make you a good shot on a 100-130lb deer. They must be modled of Texas deer:)

Last edited:
Cool, thanks cooter! I may buy 2 of the smaller Rhineharts and spend a little more than the one GD Full Rut. Any one know of a place in Eastern Iowa that sells the Rhineharts? Maybe IA City Scheels?

Thier dealer search said Scheels and Fin & Feather are both dealers. Im guessing they would have to order them in as I don't remember seeing them at either place.

I agree Rhineharts are the best without a doubt. But they are small and pricey. I'm shooting a $160 glendel that's bigger and I could buy an extra replacement vital for the same money.

I guess the biggest plus of a rhinehart is if you get lazy and leave them outside they will withstand the elements better.

Top Bottom