Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Broadheads?

Iowaide

What kind of broadheads are all of you using? Fixed or Mechanical? I shot NAP Spitfire XP Pro's. Have worked really, really well in the past. Just have kind of gotten the urge to go back to a fixed blade. Any thought?

Boy this could get controversial!!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I have decided to go to Rage Expandable 2 blade units. I know a lot of people are against expandables along with me.
However, I like the design of the Rage and decided to give them a try.

After watching the Drury videos I was pretty impressed with the holes the Rages made. I was more impressed with the holes that Rocket Hammerhead 3L's made though.
grin.gif

fixed.

Trying the Crimson Talons this year after trying the Crocs last year. I was a thunderhead guy until I decided to try something different.

If i don't like the Talons, I'm going to Muzzy's.

I love the NAP Spitfire XP Pros, but have been very impressed with both the two and three blade rages!
For fixed, I am looking forward to shooting NAP's new Hellrazor

Limb talked me into trying the Jackhammers this year! But i will say the holes the new Rage made on tv looked pretty impressive!
blush.gif

I will be shooting rage 2 blades with muzzy's for back up. I had been shooting muzzy's and gave the rage 2 blades a try last year and I was VERY impressed with the damage they did!

4887Picture_124-med.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
I'm switching to Razorcaps this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a cut on impact broadhead I was very impressed with their design. I think they were at the deer classic 2 years ago, almost pulled the trigger on them but was afraid they'd fly similar to Steelforce heads and whistle like a deer alarm on the front of a car.

I have 2 sets of Montecs. Thats what I use for a fixed blade.

Those Rage's sure do some damage!! I cant wait to see them in action this year.

They call that 3 blade whistle the "hiss of death".
grin.gif

I haven't heard any whistling yet, but I'm not shooting compound speeds either.

SLICK TRICKS are AWSOME! Out of my new x-force to 60yds they are dead nuts!Last year they punished 3 deer for me. Just try them out, they're unbelievable.

Tryin out the Tekan II's This fall. We will see how they work. Otherwise I would reccommend Magnus Stingers, Steel Force premiums, and wasps have always worked for me.

Had 4 does dead alll within 25 yards of my stand last year. One morning, rage 2 blades, got to watch them all drop. Very devastating head.

I think everyone should watch some of the Drury DVD's. They were all shooting rage broadheads. Only one time did they get a passthru on about 25 hunts. They were shooting Hoyts though.
grin.gif

Top Bottom