Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Broadheads?

[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone should watch some of the Drury DVD's. They were all shooting rage broadheads. Only one time did they get a passthru on about 25 hunts. They were shooting Hoyts though.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to say the pass through is way over rated when you are using such a big cutting destructive broadhead like the rage.

I have used them w/ amazing results. Shot a doe w/ one that opened her up about 4 inches on entry. Blood was sprayed 5 ft up trees.

Seen guys who use the Jak hammers alot never get pass throughs and the blood trails are better than any smaller diamater head I have seen.

The way I feel about the big cutting heads like the rages is if by chance you do make a bad shot slightly back you have a much better chance of hitting vitals(liver) or if you do get in the guts it puts such a big hole there that they won't go over 150 yds.

And when you do put them in the lungs they pour blood out that side and go no further than a 100yds anyway, which you may have also noticed in the drury video.

I'm forever sold on big cutting heads.

[ QUOTE ]
The way I feel about the big cutting heads like the rages is if by chance you do make a bad shot slightly back you have a much better chance of hitting vitals(liver) or if you do get in the guts it puts such a big hole there that they won't go over 150 yds.

[/ QUOTE ]

waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif
waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, I dont shoot Jak's for the double lungers when anything will do, but for that unplanned gut shot or ass slap.....big diameter greatly increases you chance of hitting something vital, and further prevents potential clotting from taking place.

[ QUOTE ]

I would have to say the pass through is way over rated when you are using such a big cutting destructive broadhead like the rage.

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

What he means to say is given a good shot any broadhead will kill a deer. Big cutting broadheads, which I'm guessing the Rage must be, are more forgiving when you make a less than ideal shot.

Also, pass throughs are not necessarily ideal, especially if you make a poor shot - I'd rather have more room for error with a larger cutting diameter.

To end all questions and answers everbody needs to watch two videos and they will see the destruction and the mayhem along with the blood trails that the Rage Broadheads leave.

Drury Brothers Whitetail Madness 10
Drury Brothers Dream Season 10

These guys show the entry wounds on all of their deer and the giant hole they leave along with the blood trail. It is awesome!!
waytogo.gif

I saw the videos and they left some monster holes.

I have not switched to mechinicals just because of the fear of a shoulder hit or a steep downward angle just on either side of the spine.

I remained comitted to fixed blade heads because of this. I have been shooting Steel Force Heads since 2003 and plan to keep shooting them for now

I can definately see the advantage of the rage heads on gut or liver shot deer because you are ripping through twice the tissue as a normal head, but a shoulder or straight down shot makes me nervous with an expandable.

To each their own.

[ QUOTE ]
I saw the videos and they left some monster holes.

I have not switched to mechinicals just because of the fear of a shoulder hit or a steep downward angle just on either side of the spine.

I remained comitted to fixed blade heads because of this. I have been shooting Steel Force Heads since 2003 and plan to keep shooting them for now

I can definately see the advantage of the rage heads on gut or liver shot deer because you are ripping through twice the tissue as a normal head, but a shoulder or straight down shot makes me nervous with an expandable.

To each their own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on that one. I haven't had a problem yet with my muzzy 100 grain heads so I don't plan on switching.

Muzzy 100 gr 4 blade....
I have had more pass throughs than not.
and pass throughs are important to me!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think everyone should watch some of the Drury DVD's. They were all shooting rage broadheads. Only one time did they get a passthru on about 25 hunts. They were shooting Hoyts though.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I have used them w/ amazing results. Shot a doe w/ one that opened her up about 4 inches on entry. Blood was sprayed 5 ft up trees.

Seen guys who use the Jak hammers alot never get pass throughs and the blood trails are better than any smaller diamater head I have seen.

And when you do put them in the lungs they pour blood out that side and go no further than a 100yds anyway, which you may have also noticed in the drury video.

I'm forever sold on big cutting heads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Our fathers and grandfathers shot deer for years with longbows and never got passthroughs and still harvested deer.

To each their own. I respect your opinion.
grin.gif
grin.gif

I love hounding you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love holding you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed it for you...
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO!!!!

Jeremy, you have to be careful.. There are some quality pics floating around out there of you.. I think TH$(still waiting for the name change) is waiting for the opportunity to strike!

Oh and to stay with the post.. I like the huge cut, but haven't had a pass through problem with mechanicals yet!!

If your not shooting a Mathews or a hoyt you need not worry!!! LOL (now I am gonna get ripped)
shocked.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Well, since everyone is talk'n smack...

I wish they made a 4 inch expandable...out of my Razortec, the 2 inch heads are too hard to pull out of the dirt on the other side of the deer.
evil.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Well, since everyone is talk'n smack...

I wish they made a 4 inch expandable...out of my Razortec, the 2 inch heads are too hard to pull out of the dirt on the other side of the deer.
evil.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!! That extra penetration comes from the HUGE sound wave off the bow going of Ghost!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Gosh, I love Hoyt guys, You should see em in the shop! Man we have a blast with the PSE, Hoyt rivalry!!

On a series note though, Does anyone know if Trophy Ridge Discontinued the Buck Blaster? I shot them last year and Love the.. HUGE HOLE, but have had a ton of trouble finding them!

[ QUOTE ]
Gosh, I love Hoyt guys, You should see em in the shop! Man we have a blast with the PSE, Hoyt rivalry!!

[/ QUOTE ]

PSE?
confused.gif

I always thought it was POS...
evil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
We need a bow bashing post!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just do a search for Teeroy's posts. He is the king of bashing good bow brands.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Top Bottom