Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Gear that everyone "must" have???

i also love my ameristep backpack deer cart.i have used it on about 20 deer,and i have never had a problem.i have hauled 2 deer at a time with it a couple of times.it sure has saved me alot of work.

Last edited:
Thought of a couple things...
I love my bow sling. My bro has a different brand than me BUT when I forgot it a few hunts- I realized how much I love it- I climb up my stand with my bow with ease- I don't like bow ropes either SO this is perfect!

And ya- those Under Armor liner gloves FALL APART!!!

Last- I like my lense pen for my binoculars- quick, fast and completely clear cleaning.

Since about half of my hunting seems to be on state land, I would have to say #1 would be my LW Alpha and sticks. #2 Leupold Acadia binos. #3 good set of waders (hip and chest). Last fall with the high water, I needed the waders most of the season to access some of the spots that involved creek or river crossings to get into.

Thought of a couple things...
I love my bow sling. My bro has a different brand than me BUT when I forgot it a few hunts- I realized how much I love it- I climb up my stand with my bow with ease- I don't like bow ropes either SO this is perfect!

And ya- those Under Armor liner gloves FALL APART!!!

Last- I like my lense pen for my binoculars- quick, fast and completely clear cleaning.

I got a pair of UA gloves for Xmas. :( Oh well. Any other suggestions for bowhunting gloves? Something that keeps my hands warm but doesn't sacrifice feel when shooting my bow?

I don't think I have ever bought anything of any real cost without seeing it discussed here first.

Next year you will all be saying "the best purchase I ever made based on reccomendations on IW is the tin foil."

The 'Bonker

I guess my must haves are:

1.) Wool Clothing for the cold weather & wind
2.) Cabelas sock liners + wool socks
3.) 800 gram insulated rubber boots

My must have list used to be long....pretty short now.

Danner boots
Sitka Gear Clothing (90%, Coldfront, and Celsius)
Lone Wolf Alpha and Sticks
Under Armour and Polartec Layering garments.

These things allow me to make the set ups I do and stay in the field for the amount of times I sit. The binos, bows, guns, etc are all just tools to help with the harvest.

SEIADEERSLAYER- Basspro has their version of the UA gloves and I haven't had problems so far (cheaper too!). Worst case with UA- keep a sewing kit handy!

*Just got my Fox River whicking sock liners in the mail!!! Hope they help keep me dry and warm!!! :)

Don't get the UA glove liners, get the lightweight gloves. My dad, brother and I all have them and they are great for cooler days. My hands actually rarely get cold so I end up wearing them all the way through winter.

Kratz

Speaking of gloves. I loved my Sitka shooter gloves that I purchased this year.

As far as negatives....I had the same experience as LIV with my Scott little goose release this year, so due to confidence factor it is for sale if anyone wants to buy it.

Top Bottom