Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Best Hunting Videos

I suppose I have well over a hundred, maybe two hundred videos/dvds including every one of the realtree videos from the very beginning. There are a lot of good ones and a lot of hokey ones. My favorites are the elk hunting ones by Primos. They do it right.

I like Randy Anderson coyote videos. The Double Bull guys are a hoot too. Not very many videos that I do not like as long as they are not too commercialized.

two of the best deer hunting videos I have ever watched were Pure Adrenalin 1 and 2 made by Steve Snow and Mitch hagen, These guys have been killing big deer on video now for a long time before the craze of video and giant deer in Iowa. They never made a third and they never made it on to dvd, but believe me, they are worth watching.

Primos Hands down! I've met most of the guy's at shows and they are by far the most down to earth on camera and in person. Not saying that the rest are not I just relate with them more than any other of the staffs.

They all have a really good sense of humor…One of the best clip’s I’ve seen is when Brad Farris is shotgun hunting in Iowa and he is crossing a small creek bank and looses his footing and falls right into the water! It’s a classic moment and reaction. Then he ends up shooting a monster 12 point. I can’t remember exactly what video that it’s from but it’s one of my favorite overall hunts.

Can't believe none of you picked my Blood Brothers "hunting marsh bucks" DVD...
My favorite all time video is Lethal flight by Tim Wells.. He makes some incredible shots on that DVD like the controversial arrow shot to the head of a huge grizzly from ground level dropping it in its tracks. And running coyotes with the bow... He sneaks up on a bedded buck and makes noise till it rushes out of its bed and then heart shoots it as it runs away... Most people would call these shots unethical, but Tim actually practices by shooting clay pigeons with his bow.

I like the Blood Brothers video as much as any other video I've seen in years! It was fresh - which is few and far between in this industry! Can't wait for the next one!

Hopefully - "Hunting Farmland Bucks" - that would be sweet!

Todd, I will get one of your videos, I rarely buy videos and usually just sit and watch whatever my brothers pop in. Heard some good things about WKP (met you at the classic 2 shows ago), BUT however it turned out and how everything in life has been- there's always room to grow and improve. I actually think a lot of what the guys above said is some real nuggets of gold!

I just couldn't stand the other day refreshing my memory of how many things just annoyed the Bajeebees outta me with the Drury videos: 1) a giant commercial that I am actually paying for (well my bros paying), could they sell out any worse and make you buy a paid advertisement? 2) the whole thing and the guys were so cheesy it should have been made in a Wisconsin cheese factory and all of the guys should have worn a giant cheese-head cap 3)How they always say they are hunters just like you when many of them have 2000 acres in prime areas (I'd love to have 2000 acres but I wouldn't be just like the average hunter) 4)if I ever watch it during season, I come back from a hunt passing several bucks on average land in Iowa bigger than what they shoot on premium/huge managed farms and lastly, 5) their glorifying stories about themselves and all the extra "fluff" that doesn't relate to hunting just seems like they are trying to make themselves feel like big time celebreties as if I care.
Just my OPINION and why I seldom watch those videos. One of their upsides I think people do watch them though is they might like the "fancy editing", a few are big deer they get (most aren't) and stories on the whole season.

I do like some things about Primos, Lone Wolf and several others.
I think your videos could be so much better than theirs just by doing the above changes, I am sure they already are. Hope to see some sweet WKP footage!

I'd cast my vote for Tim Wells and I also really like Jim Shockey.

Every video is going to have something someone doesn't like, you can't get around that. Some videos are full of promos and plugs to no end, some are obviously acted out, some are too cheesey, but when it comes right down to it- who doesn't like sitting around with your buddies drinking beers and watching some big bucks get harvested to get you all pumped up for hunting???

OK, I been holding out long enough.

Randy Anderson, Coming to the Call. The man can flat out call in 'yotes and bobcats. Heck of a shot too.

The 'Bonker

Have you seen any of his newer ones Bonks? The ones since he became a pro staffer for Primos? I'll bring them over sometime if not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you seen any of his newer ones Bonks? The ones since he became a pro staffer for Primos? I'll bring them over sometime if not. </div></div>

no you wont..... i still have them.....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Drury's Whitetail Madness, Jay Gregory's Whitetail Obsession, and Hunter's Specialties PrimeTime 12. Best 3 this year.

Team Fitzgerald! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Who else has shot a deer, ripped out the back straps, hung their metal stand a foot off the ground above a small fire using it as a grill and had "fresh loins" in the woods! "We're gonna eat tonight"! Those guys crack me up. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I really like Lone Wolf, Driven 24/7, WKP.
I also enjoy Whitetail Freaks a lot, great footage and deer, but too much hip hop music for me.
Then there is the all time great. The "Godfather" of videos, Primal Dreams. Nothing compares to it except for maybe Monarch Valley. Check it out here
http://www.bluffcountryoutfitters.com/video.htm
It is the bomb for GIANT whitetails and unique footage, that's if you like that kind of thing.

RealHunting aint so bad either...... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

cant believe i forgot those!

/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I like the footage than none of you will hopefully ever see, me sitting in a treestand explanin 'Bonkerflauge and the camera man who shall remain nameless, but his initials are THA4, who decieds to have a little fun with 'ole 'Bonker tellin me there was a BFD comin, but he was fibin. Just imagine one very long "bleep".

The 'Bonker

Top Bottom