Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Buck Problem - 2002

He has good main beam and tine length ( 140 + inches - maybe ) but he isn't real heavy( H measurement is still 32 - 34. ) Even if he is over 20 inches wide which he probably is, inside spread as we all know isn't the main measurement.

So......you guys are probably right, gross 170 something and I won't get into his net.

He is a great buck, fun to try to field judge.

Thanks for sharing and letting me play.

TLH

m350,,,,,,,, dang,,,,,,,,,man,,,,,,, imagine him with a big ole neck, and blood shot eyes and a big ole lip curl, blowin you a kiss, just as your releasing the arrow ,,,,,,,,,,,,man it don't get no better than that,,,,,good luck dude,,,, I'd go with the full body mount.............lol
wavey.gif
wink.gif

BOWHUNT--I TRY TO COVER AS MUCH GROUND AS POSSIBLE, HAVE ACCESS TO THOUSANDS OF ACRES--BUT ALL YOU NEED TO SEE GOOD BUCKS IS THE RIGHT TRAIL--UNFORTUNATELY SEEING AND HARVESTING ARE TWO ENDS OF THE SPECTRUM. ONE 1000 ACRE FARM I HAVE ACCESS TO, I BELIEVE HAS BETTER POTENTIAL THAN THESE DEER. LAND CHANGED HANDS, I CAN HUNT IT AGIAN,BUT HAVENT GOTTEN ANY CAMERAS UP YET. THIS DAMN 3 WEEK YOUTH SEASON HAS KEPT ME OUT OF THERE FOR NOW. LISTEN--I SPEND A LOT OF TIME RUNNING 35MM TRAPLINES ALL SUMMER, SOMETIMES IT WORKS AND SOMETIMES IT DOES'T. I AM NO EXPERT---I LOVE TO HUNT AND SHOOT MY MOUTH OFF.I TRY TO SURROUND MYSELF WITH KNOWLEDGABLE PEOPLE WHOS OPINIONS I RESPECT. THIS DEER IS ONE THAT NOBODY WOULD BELIEVE BY SIMPLE WORDS..THERE ARE A LOT OF WHAT IFS HERE AND FRANKLY I HOPE SOMEONE GETS HIM THIS YEAR---IF IT HAPPENS TO BE ME, I WILL BE BLESSED.JUST GETTING THESE PHOTOS WAS WORTH IT.. AS FOR YOU ALLAMAKEE GRAND SLAM---SHARPEN YOUR PENCIL YOU SCORING MACHINE IM GOING TO PUT YOU TO WORK ON OCT. 19-21 AND PLEASE DRIVE SLOWLY TO WORK---ID HATE FOR THIS CRITTER TO RUIN YOU CHEVY.BY THE WAY WHATS YOUR GUESS ON NET AND GROSS LEFT G-2 AND NEXT TINE DO SHARE A COMMON BASE. YOU WILL HEAR ME YELLING WHEN I SUCCEED AND THIS IS TRUELY A TROPHY DEAD OR ALIVE.. M350 OUT

Gross 180's looks about right. Those two extra tines will drag him down a little, though. Other than that, all I can say is
shocked.gif

It would be a thrill just to know that a deer of that caliber is in your hunting area. Every twig snap you here will send your heart into overdrive. Best of luck to you M350. He'll look great in your den, full body or whatever you decide on !

M 350 I think there may be an issue with the third point on the left side. Looking at the picture I tend to think that point is non-typical because of spacing. He's a good one. The good news is that he will pass on those genes for several years to come. I just hope he doesn't linger on in his old age. The bad news is that I would really like to have measured him to see if I'm right about that point on the left antler, oh well just another unsolved mystery.

Allamakee Grand Slam

Wow what a buck! so here goes my guess. I'm gonna give him 27" main beams wich really is where you get the big score from imo. and a 21 inch spread other tallys add for a gross score of 188 withh no deductions. Sure hope you get him so we all can find out how close we are. good luck and go get him!

probably better let em go another year ... It panned out last year...

Thought I'd better put in my 2cents worth. A good friend of mine came up with this way of field-judging most mature 5x5 whitetails. Try this on some you know the score of. You will be amazed how accurate it really is. Here is the formula:

G4 x 10 + 100 It looks to me like his right g4 is about ten inches. That puts him grossing around 200. Good luck M350.

I will be heading to Lansing the end of the month. I take a week off every year for deer hunting.

Last year I never made it up there because I just moved.

The pictures I sent in of the buck with the trail camera was at Tommy's 2 years ago. He should be good size now if he made it thru 2 shotgun seasons.
Jack

M350, you give any of these pictures to anyone else? Seems that Bob Bait and Tackle shop in La Crescent, MN has the original photos of this buck as well. You know the owner of the bait shop personally? Said he knows who you are. Was kinda supprised that this buck was shown on the internet. Said that the (another person) who has permission on this land would have never posted this picture. He didn't believe me about the picture, but was going to jump on last night and take a look.

OLE TOM', YES BOB IS A CUSTOMER OF MINE AND IF THE GUY WHO HUNTS WITH ME WASNT UP NORTH FISHING THESE PHOTOS NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN SHARED WITH THE WORLD.
LISTEN, I COLLECT STUFF----WHAT THE HECK GOOD IS IT TO KEEP THINGS LIKE THIS TO YOURSELF---WHEN IT BACKFIRES ON ME I WILL QUIT---UNTIL THEN I HOPE YOU ENJOY LOOKING AT THESE PHOTOS AS MUCH AS I DO. HOPEFULLY PARKER BOY OR MYSELF WILL BE ABLE TO TAKE SOME GREAT PHOTOS OF THE DEER AFTER THE HARVEST.----WE WILL BOTH BE IN THE PHOTOS---THIS IS A SHARED OBSESSION
NOW THE KICKER--I AM REALLY DEBATING ABOUT GIVING THIS 4 1/2 YEAR OLD DEER ONE MORE YEAR TO LIVE.....TRI STATE BAIT HELD TO MY STORY AND I THANK HIM..... JUST SO YOU KNOW THOSE PHOTOS ARE AT ANY STORE THAT BOUGHT THE SYNTHETIC SCENT I AM CURRENTLY USING...YOU WILL NOT SEE THE WIDTH AT ANY OF THOSE LOCATIONS THOUGH--THATS AN IOWAWHITETAILS.COM EXCLUSIVE. M350 OUT

Wow! That is a monster! He looks even bigger than his cam trakker pics. Congratulations!
"Problem" solved is right!

-Goodluck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

Top Bottom