Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Biggest or most memorable buck you never killed

6x6

PMA Member
Going along with Spysars biggest bowkill thread, how about your biggest or most memorable buck you never killed.

This is the 1st 200+ inch buck I ever watched grow. He got away during the 1999 season as a nice buck, but grew to around 210 gross in 2000. I won a mloader with a picture from my 35mm camtrakker camera in their contest that year. November 7th 2000 he walked under me with his left beam snapped off, dang. I got pics untill early january, then no more. Found him dead in march, who knows how? G-2s and 3's were 13-14 inches. He grew 40-50 inches between 1999 and 2000.

IMG_0861_zpsa9049cd4.jpg

2000 pics Cant seem to scan these old 35mm very good
IMG_0008-1_zps240c9314.jpg

IMG_0007-1_zpsdc0acdf3.jpg

3 1999 pics and 2000 with broken beam.

IMG_0865-1_zpsc6be324a.jpg

Awesome Buck! And awesome post.

The buck below stole every bit of my free time for 2 years! I chased this buck for 2 seasons and could never get an opportunity. It all started in 2009 when i found his right shed. I was a shed hunting rookie at the time and this antler truly got me hooked. I looked for countless hours for the other side with out any luck. I then set out to get pictures of the beast the next season. I had numerous trail camera pictures of him for 2 years. Some how he always stayed out of sight. He is only an 8 pointer but by far the biggest 8 i have seen. His G2's are every bit of 15 inches long, he is a little weak on the G3's but the spread makes up for it!!! I have not idea how wide he is, i would guess 24" to be conservative... This buck disappeared out of my life as fast as he came in, no sign of him in 2 years. Still think about him every year!

Sorry for all the pics. Here are a couple of my biggest ones I've gotten on camera(some bigger ones out there still):
This is the first buck I ever got on camera, he has never showed up since.
PICT0065.jpg

This is a buck we named Hulk this year. This was the first year he showed up on cameras and he only showed for a couple of days. As you can see by the date he still had some growing time. Never did see him during the season and didn't hear of anyone shooting him.
2012-07-20055.jpg

2012-07-20057.jpg

2012-07-20068.jpg

2012-07-20044.jpg

Then the buck I was after all year. Named him Weird Al because he was the only non symmetrical deer I've seen on this property for 5 years.
PICT0016.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

Last edited:
Great post! I will add some pictures when I get to my home computer! But for now here is a pic that I had on the work computer... the first one got away this year when the cameram an coughed as he was closing in :thrwrck: (date was wrong)
picture.php

picture.php

The Fish Hook buck has haunted me for over a year now. One picture of him, and one opportunity at him from the stand @30yds with no shot due to undergrowth. Never to be seen again. Still haunts me.

I was hoping to see this guy while hunting. As soon as I used my buck tag, he came under my stand on two seperate occasions while I was doe hunting! DOH!! Got him on video though.

cudde008.jpg

Not bucks, but here are a few bulls I chased all over my hunt unit last September, never to be found.

4893db64.jpg

074fcd45.jpg

b1cf5384.jpg

9f1c3797.jpg

Mr Burns. 3 years of the ultimate frustration. Not sure on his demise, but have some ideas.

First year
DSC07357.jpg

Third year
burnsy.jpg

I got just two pictures of this guy in 2011(date is wrong). Unfortunately, neither picture showed him with his head up. Never saw him while hunting, never found any sheds, and never heard of anyone shooting him. Must've been a smart one.
picture.php

Hunted these guys pretty hard with the bow last year. Had a couple encounters with the ten pointer while in the stand but couldn't get it done. Never seen the bigger one while bow hunting. Our shotgun group ended up killing both of them but I didn't.
BFB59BCF-2790-48FB-9903-9D2FA461550F-2703-00000285996F9D95_zps6ae02819.jpg

EB23FC26-7A3D-42C9-BCD1-8E3D83A02F22-2703-0000028592AF12E3_zps2417ce76.jpg

F76EED18-944A-4A52-8FAF-6893AF3A1581-2703-000002859E8BD253_zpsa0fd6072.jpg

1B309628-A211-4681-A5EE-79CA2D63E12C-2703-00000285A37ECEAC_zps49cf4a6f.jpg

These are just pics of pics so there kind of blurry but I'm out of town for work and its all I have on my phone.

Probably the deer that haunted me the most for a season. Never saw him scouting, never saw him from stand and only knew he existed from this one trail cam photo. One standing corn field a mile away got left in due to the field being too wet to combine and the deer ended up getting shot by a late season hunter on that field.
Gonzo.jpg

Probably the deer that haunted me the most for a season. Never saw him scouting, never saw him from stand and only knew he existed from this one trail cam photo. One standing corn field a mile away got left in due to the field being too wet to combine and the deer ended up getting shot by a late season hunter on that field.
Gonzo.jpg

You beat me to it. I have never put so much time into hunting a specific animal. Tried to hunt him by pure luck and by when other farmers saw him cross roads, areas he was headed to, etc. Was a very frustrating year.

Although this guy was a close second for me. Closest I could get him was 100 yard during mid November. Neighbor killed him 1st shotgun season.

CDY_0030.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have a picture of mine. A 180ish gross 8 pointer both myself and dad screwed up on. I saw him 6 or 7 times during bow season and had him at 20 yards in the wide open one morning but he had me pegged. If only I would of trimmed the only vine I didn't trim I would of had him as he looked over his shoulder to stare at another buck for a good minute where I could of drawn. I was shaking so bad though it was probably best I didn't shoot.

My dad had him at 100 yards with the muzz in hand. He was making a rub. He had the crosshairs on his neck as it was all he could see. He had a dozen does coming in on a string and he was the last deer. All dozen walked by at 20 yards. He turned and went the other way.

Still haunts us both to this day.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
I don't have a picture of mine. A 180ish gross 8 pointer both myself and dad screwed up on. I saw him 6 or 7 times during bow season and had him at 20 yards in the wide open one morning but he had me pegged. If only I would of trimmed the only vine I didn't trim I would of had him as he looked over his shoulder to stare at another buck for a good minute where I could of drawn. I was shaking so bad though it was probably best I didn't shoot.

My dad had him at 100 yards with the muzz in hand. He was making a rub. He had the crosshairs on his neck as it was all he could see. He had a dozen does coming in on a string and he was the last deer. All dozen walked by at 20 yards. He turned and went the other way.

Still haunts us both to this day.

Holy crap!!!!!!! A 180 inch 8 point that's massive and i thought the mega 8 at the classic was big (159 inch) which is still a huge 8

I've got about 500 pics of him and tagged out before I ever hunted him this year, No patience... grrrr

MDGC0570.jpg

MDGC0582.jpg

Top Bottom