Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blaster is Pissed Off!!!

Blaster

PMA Member
Some low rent A$$ Hole stole one of my new camera's! It's been a long time since i have been this mad! What do you guys do to help from getting your camera's stolen?

I haven't had that problem, but have always been worried about it. I've put my name inside the camera case, with my cell number...plus I have the serial number of my cams written down. Also, my cams are on private land with minimal tresspassin this time of year...but a guy just never knows.

I have moultries and there isn't really anyway to "lock" them to the tree.

Really sucks, Blaster, sure hope you get something figured out.

I use camlockbox on all my cameras. With python cable locks and a padalock. This adds more cost to each camera but I think it is worth it. I also use mounts on three of my cameras to mount them higher in the tree. Then they are out of the line of sight which also spooks the deer less. I need to get mounts for the rest of my camera tho. I havent had a camera stolen yet.

camlockbox

Mucho Sucko.... I've been mounting mine high and angling down. You don't get the picture quality most people like, but when you get down to basics, you really just want the cam to take inventory and get a good idea of travel patterns and time, not to win a Nobel prize for photography..

Sorry about your lost cam.. Seems to be part of the game though..

Blaster
Try all of the things that has been mentioned.
Blend it in as much you can.

To be honest you can do all we want but if they want it they
will get it. I have had a few stolen and it sucks.

I haven't had that problem, but have always been worried about it. I've put my name inside the camera case, with my cell number...plus I have the serial number of my cams written down. Also, my cams are on private land with minimal tresspassin this time of year...but a guy just never knows.

I have moultries and there isn't really anyway to "lock" them to the tree.

Really sucks, Blaster, sure hope you get something figured out.

That's what sucks! It had my name inside of it plus my Phone # and it was on privet land! I think someone got caught tresspassing and took the evidence!

That's what sucks! It had my name inside of it plus my Phone # and it was on privet land! I think someone got caught tresspassing and took the evidence!

Would of been nice if they just would of took the memory card instead.

I had a guy do that once and after I got the word out my camera showed back up with the disk still in it and the guys picture. :thrwrck:

I use camlockbox on all my cameras. With python cable locks and a padalock. This adds more cost to each camera but I think it is worth it. I also use mounts on three of my cameras to mount them higher in the tree. Then they are out of the line of sight which also spooks the deer less. I need to get mounts for the rest of my camera tho. I havent had a camera stolen yet.

camlockbox

Let me see, there's no way to keep them 100% safe. If I had wire cutters I would be able to steal any camera with any lock box.

This may sould like a pain in the A_ S, but I perfer to lure in the thief with an old camera down low in sight...... while taking his photo with a camera mounted high out of sight.

I get a security box for 2 of mine. Then wrap a chain around the tree and attach to box with a lock.

The moultries have a little notch for a lock. They're cheap enough, so I don't bother getting a $40 security box for those cameras tho.

So far, no thefts... I'm sure it will happen eventually, as a bolt cutters will always do the trick. It's just meant to keep the honest people honest.

i know the feeling.... sucks

HOpe you don't find out who did it... that day would end poorly for them :grin:

I HATE Thieves! Two things I can't stand in this world... liars and thieves. If it were up to me, I'd throw someone in jail for stealing a trail camera; there is absolutely no reason for it. Same as stealing my truck far as I'm concerned.

I've had a few cameras stolen over the years, all on private property, all on property I had sole permission to be on.

Not much you can do really. You can lock them up but that won't deter many people. If I were a thief, I'd be looking up in the trees around every camera. You are more likely to get 2 cameras stolen if you take the 'catch them in the act' approach, and the law isn't much help unless you have perfect proof of the culprit. I knew exactly who stole one of my cameras, reported the theft....(the low-life even bragged about stealing it), and the sheriff couldn't do much because there wasn't any direct evidence. I just hope someday to catch someone red handed, especially that particular dirt-bag.

TeenageHunter said:
Let me see, there's no way to keep them 100% safe. If I had wire cutters I would be able to steal any camera with any lock box.

I don't think you could get it done with just wire cutters. But I could be wrong. Bolt cutters or a hacksaw would be a different story.

Mobile Cooter

I've heard of the suggestion to super glue leaves and sticks to the camera it's self. That would really help blend it in, you could do the same thing with the lock boxes and I think that would work really good.

I HATE Thieves! Two things I can't stand in this world... liars and thieves. If it were up to me, I'd throw someone in jail for stealing a trail camera; there is absolutely no reason for it. Same as stealing my truck far as I'm concerned.

I've had a few cameras stolen over the years, all on private property, all on property I had sole permission to be on.

Not much you can do really. You can lock them up but that won't deter many people. If I were a thief, I'd be looking up in the trees around every camera. You are more likely to get 2 cameras stolen if you take the 'catch them in the act' approach, and the law isn't much help unless you have perfect proof of the culprit. I knew exactly who stole one of my cameras, reported the theft....(the low-life even bragged about stealing it), and the sheriff couldn't do much because there wasn't any direct evidence. I just hope someday to catch someone red handed, especially that particular dirt-bag.

Wow Wilkerson, I didn't realize you'd be so upset with me taking your camera. I guess i'll give it back to you now, the darn thing quit working a few weeks back. I did get a few years worth of pics, and that's pretty good for a 'found' camera :way:

Wow Wilkerson, I didn't realize you'd be so upset with me taking your camera. I guess i'll give it back to you now, the darn thing quit working a few weeks back. I did get a few years worth of pics, and that's pretty good for a 'found' camera :way:

Thanks for giving it back. I forgive you.

This would be a good reason not to pay $300-700.00 for a camera!!:thrwrck: You only get great pics if you still own them!!!! Lets face it! If they want it bad enuff.......They own it! Be it cameras tree stands ETC.!!!!!!

Top Bottom