Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow Test

Doubleaarc hery

I am sure I can predict the results of this post without even reading it, but am curious anyway! I am wondering, from anyone who cares to answer, what bow your shooting and WHY! Include your specs(arrow weight, speed, draw length) if you would like!

just a side note. I tried to upload some photos for you on your site and they wouldnt go.

But I am almost afraid to admit to you.

Switchback Xt
72 lbs
31 inch axis

I was supporting the local archery shop with this puchase and I fell in love with the xt. He wasn't dealing PSE, AT the time
grin.gif

Switchback XT
69 lbs
26.5 midget draw
around 250 fps
GT pro hunter 5575
Not sure what the exact weight is but 28" arrows w/ 100 gr heads.

I shoot this because of it's smoothness and quietness. It's just fun to shoot.

If it's any consolation I wish I was shooting a bowtech guardian.
I like it better after shooting it.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

frown.gif
No Consolation to me!!
grin.gif

But before you buy again, at least shoot the X-force. My partner has a short draw of 27 inch and he is at 295-297fps with his at 61 lbs.

My bow is in my signature.

I shoot it because it was the best shooting bow in my eyes. Smooth, quiet and accurate, those are the three things I look for in a hunting bow.

I have not shot the X force yet, but can tell you that whaever speed it shoots at would not be a selling point to me. A bow being vibration free, smooth and quiet are much more important to me than speed.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

frown.gif
No Consolation to me!!
grin.gif

But before you buy again, at least shoot the X-force. My partner has a short draw of 27 inch and he is at 295-297fps with his at 61 lbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I shot the x force w/ the guardian and I did not like it at all. Draw cycle was not as good and the thing felt like a tuning fork in my hand. The speed thing isn't a big deal to me. The guardian was shooting about 5-7 fps faster than my XT. So i did compare and the x force just isn't for me.

Thanks for the input though

im shooting the x-force #70 @ 28"draw. it is going 329fps. Shooting carbon force 200's and there is NO hand shock. Extremely quiet. And accurate. Not to say 80-90 lbs of kinetic energy. The draw curve is aggressive but for a bow that totally blows everything else out of the water with every category except brace height. Definately at least try to shoot it and decide it for yourself. BEST SHOOTIN'
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bow that totally blows everything else out of the water with every category except brace height.

[/ QUOTE ]

26owlorry6oe.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

I have not shot the X force yet, but can tell you that whaever speed it shoots at would not be a selling point to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not want to single any group out, and I know I am about to get Ripped from one side to the other here, but I have to say it! Above is a comment that I have been hearing quite often from shooters of a certain bow brand. My questions is always, "if speed doesn't matter(which I partially agree with) then why is a certain company's slogan "catch us if you can?"
I am not saying everyone feels that speed is everything. I have just noticed that I hear how unimportant speed is from shooters of one bow brand, and it is the brand with a speed slogan to boot!!! Sorry to use your quote Nacho, but I have heard it from many many more people!
confused.gif

I believe this refers to technology not speed. However the Black Max 2 shoots 330 f.p.s. and is not a very popular part of their lineup due to the short brace height making it harder to shoot.

Switchback LD
Set at 70# 31" Draw
Beman Black Max 300 125grain heads.
Not sure of any specs but like the way it shoots.
Purchased it mainly for the draw length, but also like the narrow limb design.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have not shot the X force yet, but can tell you that whaever speed it shoots at would not be a selling point to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not want to single any group out, and I know I am about to get Ripped from one side to the other here, but I have to say it! Above is a comment that I have been hearing quite often from shooters of a certain bow brand. My questions is always, "if speed doesn't matter(which I partially agree with) then why is a certain company's slogan "catch us if you can?"
I am not saying everyone feels that speed is everything. I have just noticed that I hear how unimportant speed is from shooters of one bow brand, and it is the brand with a speed slogan to boot!!! Sorry to use your quote Nacho, but I have heard it from many many more people!
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally believe the "catch us if you can slogan" refers to the competitions won. i always used to see in advertisements that they would show how many tournaments they have won compared to others with the slogan above.

Well........... I can say i do not own an X Force but it is deffinatly on the top few bows i might be getting soon. The draw curve is probably the worst thing about it. It is quick, quiet, and very forgiving for a 6 inch brace height.

Please dont knock it if you havent shot it. I love the mathews XT but the Xforce is way better (in my opinion).

I shoot a Martin Bangel at 70lbs and a 352g arrow. 30 inch draw.

Not trying to bash PSE or the X-Force but IMO it's pretty damn ugly.

Speed isn't everything. I'd rather be accurate than fast anyday. HIT FAST, MISS FAST.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I personally believe the "catch us if you can slogan" refers to the competitions won. i always used to see in advertisements that they would show how many tournaments they have won compared to others with the slogan above.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is all about money when it comes to tournament wins, etc... if you endorse more top shooters with your equipment then it is only natural that your company is going to have more wins... it is sort of like Nike having more top runners.... are the runners really going to be that much slower without Nike shoes
blush.gif
..... I will bet that if you took a group of the top archers in the country and had them shoot any quality bow after they had a chance to get used to it, you would see little change in their scores....

The mechanical 'Hooter shooter' that Spot Hogg uses is capable of shooting consistent bullet holes with just about any bow
smile.gif

It is all what feels the best for the guy or gal pulling the string....
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not a loyal Mathews shooter if that is what you are trying to say.

I used to shoot a Bow tech and I just got the XT this spring.

I am not saying that because of the bow I shoot. I am saying that because it is a fact, so live with it.

Speed will never be a selling point for me. Feel and how quiet a bow is are my top features in a bow.

I could care less if a bow shot 400fps if it rattled my fillings loose when I shot it.

I apologize, I did not mean to steer this thread into a competition for who makes the best bows. I was curious to see if Mathews continued to have a strong hold on the market for the entire state or if they are mainly in this area. We have many shooters of many different brands of bows, but mathews as always seems the most popular. Followed closely by Hoyt and Bowtech. My post was intended to gather information on what people shoot. I did steer it a different direction unintentionally! Now with another X-force thread we can discuss how bows shoot there in more detail!

Also, I didn't mention my specs, and as anyone can see, speed is not everything to me either! I prefer to shoot the shortest axle to axle as possible! (Not quite liberty small, but as small as possible)

PSE Firestorm X 29 in axle to axle
Radial Weave 300's
Top Gun Phantom rest
Top Gun Slider sight
28 inch draw 256-259 fps

Top Bottom