Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bow Test

[ QUOTE ]
I shoot a Mathews LX
the rest is fire wood and boat anchors
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
angel.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't shoot anything right now, because your precious LX is in the shop.

Sounds like firewood to me!!
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I didn't mention my specs, and as anyone can see, speed is not everything to me either! I prefer to shoot the shortest axle to axle as possible! (Not quite liberty small, but as small as possible)

PSE Firestorm X 29 in axle to axle
Radial Weave 300's
Top Gun Phantom rest
Top Gun Slider sight
28 inch draw 256-259 fps

[/ QUOTE ]

How does the Firestorm X shoot? Looks like a sweet little bow. I have a kid that wants me to order him one.

I absolutely love mine! Looks strange, but man is it smooth! It is super quiet and holds so nice. I really haven't had any concerns with mine... Can't think of another bow I would rather be shooting right now!!! More than anything though the new handle on the X series bows from PSE is amazing... It is really weird to have a tiny handle at first, but after 50 arrows, try shooting something with a larger grip and you will only shoot it once or twice and be back to the small grip!!

If your ever around this way swing in, he can certainly shoot it!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I shoot a Mathews LX
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
angel.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you got me there......im speechless
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I shoot a Mathews LX
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
angel.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

you got me there......im speechless
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
LOL
grin.gif

I'm still shooting my Matthews MQ1 that I purchased 6 or so years ago. I've thought about upgrading quite a few times, but I've had such great luck with this bow that I can't give it up. I just change out the cables and string every year or two and keep them waxed in the meantime. My dad has been shooting an MQ32 for about the same amount of time and loves that bow too.
No reason to change a good thing.

Switchback XT
29 inch
72lbs
Ripcord Rest
Viper Sights
Easton Epic 340s
100 grain Steel Force Broadheads

Been clocked at 287 fps. I love my Mathews I won't be changing for a long time!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I shoot a Mathews LX
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
angel.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just told that to a friend who shot a Hoyt next to me. It sounded like some one was breaking a 2X4. But it gets the job done!

Just read a bow review today in Outdoor life Magazine.

The rated the Drenaline the best bow on the market, with the only complaint being the cost. Closely followed by the PSE X-Force, the Bowtech Guardian and one other was in there.

Best bow for the buck was the Fred Bear Instinct (I think that is what it was called), this bow rated fairly close to the top 4 and was only 399 bucks. Anyhow, interesting read to say the least, the testing was done by 7 members of the OL staff and each rated the bows on a variety of categories.

I was shooting a Hoyt 38 ultra but I'm now thinking about a Vulcan.

A/C/C 3-49
Spot hogg hunter hogg it
Trophy taker drop away.

Top Bottom