Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bows

I'm shooting a PSE Brute, middle of the road bow nothing special. It fits me really well and so far shoots awesome. Of the middle priced bows it just felt the best.

Hoyt Maxxis here. Every time I shoot it I am reminded how awesome it is. Smooth, quick, and comfortable in my had.

Totally agree. One of the best bows I have purchsed. Elite makes very nice bows also, but the Hoyt seems to fit me better.

Man, I loved that bow!

Great Bow! My Dad still shoots one. I switched again this year away from the Guardian.

I am shooting a Bowtech Invasion this year.

CrazyMountainsMT2011elkhunt041.jpg

I shoot a loud mathews prestige,But it seems to work so im not changing.My old mathews legacy was prolly my favorite bow.

Z7 is a great bow and I still shoot mine, but started shooting the Carbon element and by far the most balanced and lightest bow I have ever shot.

I shoot an #80 element, and it pulls like my 70#, Z7, but I have a very short draw 26.5", and it is WAY smoother than any bow I have shot in a while.

1 top notch bow isn't enough, you gotta have 2 huh?!?!? Must be nice! :D
I will say, I would LOVE to shoot 80 lbs!!!... Which bows make an 80 lbs model? The more penetration and knock-down power the better! And since my arms are like He-Man Tree Trunks- I'd love to be shooting a 200 lbs bow BUT I'll settle for 80 if I could find one!!! :)

I will say, I would LOVE to shoot 80 lbs!!!... Which bows make an 80 lbs model? The more penetration and knock-down power the better! And since my arms are like He-Man Tree Trunks- I'd love to be shooting a 200 lbs bow BUT I'll settle for 80 if I could find one!!! :)

The mathews Monster does doesn't it? Also, I think I've heard of a hoyt that goes up to 90lbs.. Freakin site pin would be damn near sitting right infront of the arrow tip.

Sligh1 said:

A 70 lb bow will do the same

arrow flinger

I love my Z7. Had a PSE before that and liked that too. I am really happy with how accurate and smooth the Z7 is for me. I agree with the other guys that it's what works best for you. As long as you are out there having fun it's all good.

Well since nobody else has mentioned it. I shoot an APA Viper. The little extra's they have tacked onto the bow are pretty amazing. The carry handle is priceless. The quiver I originally got on my Switchback will mount to it as well, which I still have the bow. Another one I am shocked hasn't been mentioned is the Limb Saver line. I know they look pretty odd but I have heard some pretty decent things about them. I know a guy who has one and really likes it.

I shoot a recurve mostly, but still hunt on occasion with my 07 Ross Cardiac.

My recurve set up is a Bob Lee Hunter T/D. 47# @ 28". If I remember right, the bow is 56" long.

I've got a Mathews Switchback XT and plan on never getting rid of it. Haven't looked at new bows since buying that thing. It fits me perfectly, pick it up each spring and never have to adjust a thing on it. Gotta love that!

Top Bottom