Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Broadheads

jamesfry

Ive seen many articles about broadheads but havent seen many replys so im startingthis to see which broadheads are thebest of the best

indiana bow hunter

If you ask me, mine are the best. If I ask you, yours are the best. If you ask them, theirs is the best. It is a tough one with no real clear winner. I will probably have Wasp Jakhammers and rocket hammerheads in the quiver again this year. They work well for me. Slick tricks are great fixed heads. Many good expandables out there. G5 T3, Grim Reaper, Ulmer edge etc...

I have Wasp Jakhammers, Wasp Bullets, G5 Montecs and Slicktricks in the quiver. The best one is the one in flight towards a deer. :D

Last edited:
If you hit the deer where you are supposed to, they all work the same. :way: This year I'll be packing Killzones and Slick Tricks.

I have shot Thunderheads for nearly 30yrs now and haven't had anything bad to say about them.

MX-3's in my quiver... they hit with my fieldpoints and kill deer as long as I put it where I am supposed to :)

My buddy shot g5's.... So i started to also. Lots of good quick kills, easily resharpened, available everywhere i look, and even the practice g5's perform the same shooting. Cheap in my book too i guess.

Like said above tho, just pick one and stick with it! As long as you can shoot, theyll all work. The way i figure it, the broadhead is absolutely thee last thing you need to worry about, everything else comes first.

Any broahead being manufactured right now will put a deer down very quick, if placed correctly. With the right amount of tuning any fixed blade head can hit with your field points. I'm still shooting Magnus stinger buzzcuts. They have never let me down and have a full lifetime warranty. Shoot them all summer, send them back to Magnus and you will have brand new ones in a few days. No questions asked. I will be shooting some new solid brand heads this year. At 75 dollars for 3, they are not for everybody

Any broahead being manufactured right now will put a deer down very quick, if placed correctly. With the right amount of tuning any fixed blade head can hit with your field points. I'm still shooting Magnus stinger buzzcuts. They have never let me down and have a full lifetime warranty. Shoot them all summer, send them back to Magnus and you will have brand new ones in a few days. No questions asked. I will be shooting some new solid brand heads this year. At 75 dollars for 3, they are not for everybody

I agree! Magnus Buzzcuts have to be the best flying fixed blade on the market today. And they will go through bone like it was butter!:way:

picture.php

I've shot everything from German kinetics to rage and anything in between. Once November rolls around I always end up with a quiver full of buzzcuts. I bought a dozen in 2003 and I think I'm down to 10 due to lost arrows. Magnus always replaces them... bent, broken, or won't spin true. Fast turn around time, and mike from Magnus is a pleasure to deal with

Rage 2 blade broadheads are what I use Huge cut diameter can't go wrong, but they are only as good as you shoot. anything will work.

G5s are the most reliable thing I've found. I shot through the shoulder blade on a buck a couple years ago and the arrow almost went through the shoulder blade on the other side.

I shot a buck a couple years ago with a g5 montec, double lung shot, he ran 40 yards and died, but at the same time, there was no blood trail at all, couldn't find a single drop, I also shot a doe the same year and had the same results, dead deer, but no blood on the ground. So I gave them to a buddy that also shot a buck and didnt bleed a drop, but he recovered the animal. Another one of my friends shot them and shot a real nice deer and said the only reason he found the deer was because he knew where he was headed after he shot him. JasonF talked me into shooting spitfires last year and I shot a buck with them last year and it made a hell of a crime scene. There was blood everywhere.

I shoot Rage II and they have never let me down. But I also carry one Muzzy fixed blade with me for my blind when I want to shoot through the mesh. The only complaint I've ever had about Rage is they are hard to put in a foam end quiver. They want to try and open up.

Nap Spitfire maxx sweet!I shot 3 deer with the same broadhead still sharp & no damage.Crazy blood trails don't get far.40-60 yards on average.I shot one doe through the shoulder & she nose dived & tried jumping the fence & nose dived again.That was the most awesome thing I have seen from a broadhead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom