Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

cam trakkers

B

bubba

are these thing worth buying and how much do they cost??????????? can i see some pictures of deer that have been taken by a cam trakker thanks

bubba,
My brother had one but it was stolen. He got some very nice pics. I think they are worth having. It is like scouting with out spending so much time in the woods.

Bubba, I've had mine for about 8 months and got some really good pics last fall. I was even lucky enough to get a picture of my bow buck two weeks before I shot him, before that I didn't even know he existed. The pic from the Camtrakker showed he had a split or double mainbeam on the right side...when I shot him he had broken off about 10"-12" of the lower mainbeam fighting, sometime since the Camtrakker pic was taken. Although there is always the threat of some lowlife stealing the camera...for me the payoff is worth the risk. I think a new Camtrakker runs around $430 + shipping. If the price is a little too steep there is a website for building your own for a lot less $$$...sorry I don't know the link, maybe someone else will post it here.
www.camtrakker.com

TB

Info for building one can be found at jessieshuntingpage.com Ready made circut boards or kits can be found at fieldpix.com With a little scrounging and buying these parts, you can build one for around 125.00 Including camera. I'm planning on building one soon. Good luck, Jay

Hope I got this figured out. Here is the Camtrakker pic of my bow buck last fall.

uploadedCamtrakker%20Pic-%20Nov.%207.jpg

TB

Awesome picture of a awesome buck!

Very good job you have for fall hunting as well! Now about my gap wedge from 90 and in...... Just kidding.

------------------
Go Early, Stay Late... Limb Chicken
Limbchicken.com

Here is a picture from one of my Homebrew cameras.
uploaded1000Abuck.jpg

[This message has been edited by fitzt (edited 03-07-2002).]

Fitzt, that is an awesome picture. I have a homebrew I built myself also. It is always a last to see what you've captured on film.

That above picture I had a sequence of 6 pictures. Him coming in to the scrape, working it, and then leaving. Would not have gotten that with a Camtrakker.
This is another picture of a good buck that was on my ground
uploaded11pt.jpg

fitzt, why do you say that you would have not gotten that series of picutes with a camtrakker? There are multiple timing settings you can choose from.

Camtrakkers Minimum setting is 20 sec.
This series was taken in 1 minutes time.

I am not knocking Camtrakker here. I have one, and it takes GREAT pictures.
I can build 3 of these, and have change left over. And if one is stolen, I am not out as much. $430.00 + Tax is alot of money to me.

Top Bottom