Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

cam trakkers

Thanks for the excellent tips! I'm planning on using the ready made circut boards. I want to be able to use the camera elseware so I'll use the 1/8 plugs to begin with. Thanks again, Jay

I have six camtrakkers that I have used over the last four years for deer research. They are by far the best camera out there. I have tried most of them with disappointment. I have taken some unbelievable pics. They are expensive and I can't wait to try the homebrew cameras.

uploaded11point.JPG

This picture was taken on a photohunter just last week. My dad bought it at the deer classic for something like $220 dollars and has had no problems. Every picture taken has a had a deer in it and one which had a bobcat(see Bobcat pic). Quality of pictures are much better than what is shown here.

[This message has been edited by UNI Buck (edited 03-25-2002).]

UNI buck,
Do you know if photohunter has a website? And were in southern Iowa, was the bobcat picture taken? I'm origianlly from Massena, but i live and work in Mt. Ayr and I know that there have been sights in both places.

I dont know the website, but I know you can read about it and every other camera and probably find the web site on Jessie'shuntingpage.com.

[This message has been edited by UNI Buck (edited 03-25-2002).]

I built a homebrew cam last fall but couldn't get it working during the hunting season so I left it until last weekend. Had a bad connection and now it works perfectly.

I just put it out on Sunday in a spot I'm investigating for turkeys. I plan on making at least one more.

I saw a 100 class buck still carrying his antlers on Sunday when setting the cam up.

I paid Jesse of Jesse's Homebrew cam page to wire my camera. He charges $20 shipping included. I used a dosicil gun case for the mounting with Radio Shack PIR. Might do it differently next time.

I'll let you know what I find.

Micah3553, photohunters web page is trailtimer.com I have had one of these for over a year and it takes great pictures, the only problem that I have had with it that is still has not taken a picture of a buck yet just can't figure that out LOL!!!!

Here is a pic from my HomeBrew cam I got working last week. I have $110 invested in it. After some tweaking of the range of motion on the detector it is ready to go.

Cam plans came from Jesse's Hunting Page.

This was Sunday night 2 hours after I set the cam out, was hoping for turkeys.

uploadedbugcam2002.JPG

wow i love thos things. my cousin has one, and everytime he gets a film developed, i rush down to his house to see what he got. I am now saving up for one::: i fell in love.HAHA

Just to let any of you know that is interested in building a Hombrew camera.

Radio Shack has there PIR Sensors on sale, that I used to build mine.
At $9.99 Good through April 14 They are regularly $24.99 Part #49-425

hey guys I tried to make a homebrew and screwed up the Cannon Owl PF. I was wondering what is the easiest to find camera to be used for a homebrew camtraker.

later

Here a picture fresh from the photo lab.
I had a total of 8 pictures of Turkeys.
I found an area where they have been dusting themselves....
033002Turkey.jpg

[This message has been edited by fitzt (edited 04-12-2002).]

vman. Shoot me an e-mail. Since you also are into the homebrew. Maybe we can get together, and have a little Clinic at the iowa whitetail deal if it happens next month,if you are going.
[email protected]

Top Bottom