Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Careful how we talk about fellow hunters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have donated what I can to help out fellow Iowans, have you done anything to help out other fellow Iowans, since you are friends of Iowa, or are you just worried about your next hunting trip? </div></div>

Good point Nanny.

So "friend" what have you done??

Mr. Boo Who your nut`s too!!!! Iowa people are the best in the country. We stand by the laws to protect are hunting land, and right`s to hunt them.

Manybooners...you forgot the post where I asked all hunters to boycott the FOI individual business`s....I will add your business to the list.

Manybooners, we don't want you to not hunt your land. All we're saying is that the laws are good the way they are and they have been a contributing factor to our excellent deer herd. If you draw a tag, we wish you luck just as much as anyone, we're not pushing for legislation to keep out NR's completely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Heart Surgeon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have donated what I can to help out fellow Iowans, have you done anything to help out other fellow Iowans, since you are friends of Iowa, or are you just worried about your next hunting trip? </div></div>

Good point Nanny.

So "friend" what have you done?? </div></div>

I want to know the answer to this too. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I have been in the process of applying for a shiras moose tag and expect to have to keep trying. I know when I finally get one though..it will be a quality hunt with a great opportunity. Would I like to go this year, SURE, but thats the way it is and I respect that and feel that "they are taking care of their resource." The fact that I have to wait only makes me WANT to go there more and also gives me peace knowing that resource will probably be there for many many years.

It just seems that the states in which you can buy over the counter tags and "go when you want" don't have the same quality as where I am lucky enough to live or at least it seems to be slipping away. My friends out of state always speak of hoping to draw a tag in Iowa and cant wait until they do. They respect us for how we do things and know that when their chance comes..it will be a quality experience. I am not political and don't know half of what most of you do in regards to legislation but I am trying to learn more everyday. If we all respect the resources we all have then eventually, in time, we can all enjoy them.

I talked to a guy in Utah yesterday about an Elk unit and he said it takes about 10 years to draw. I never even flinched or thought that was unfair. They are protecting their resource, no different than Iowa, or Alberta or Florida. I as an Iowan love having friends come hunt, but the minute it is taken for granted, it loses its luster and then its quality when it starts to slide. I say come hunt with us as a fellow hunter, WE ALL HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER, but respect the way we choose to hunt. Just my thoughts.

Manybooners,

Your comparasion of the people on this site, Iowa residents and the IBA to PETA is appaling. I would be ashamed to write that if i were you. Your atempt at pushing your agenda here has backfired and now you are grasping at anything you can. Taking bits and pieces of discusion board quotes out of context and twisting them to serve your purposes is shamefull.

As a non-resident of Iowa I may get lumped in with you and your group of NR's by default. By atacking people who are having a discussion about a group formed to change existing laws of their state you are sheding a bad light on NR hunters as a whole.

I get a real sense of entitlment from this group. You feel as you are entitled to hunt as a NR every year but you knew the law when you made a desicision to purchase land in Iowa. What gives you the right, as a resident of another state to try and change the laws of Iowa. Although i am not a resident of Iowa i see this as a scary precident to set. What's next? Are you going to try and get the MN laws changed so you can hunt moose here as a NR when i have to apply for a once in a lifetime hunt as a resident?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SEIowaDeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Heart Surgeon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have donated what I can to help out fellow Iowans, have you done anything to help out other fellow Iowans, since you are friends of Iowa, or are you just worried about your next hunting trip? </div></div>

Good point Nanny.

So "friend" what have you done?? </div></div>

I want to know the answer to this too. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif</div></div>

What have the "Friends of Iowa" Done to help?

PETA? Lets get real, PETA is lead like a flock of sheep to slaughter, meaning they are misinformed on HUNTERS, and members do nothing but follow what is told to them.
HUNTERS- are true blooded AMERICANS that have their own voice and have no trouble voicing it on their own to other hunters. Everyone should know if you want an animal to survive let it be hunted and hunters will set regulations to take care of it. So I'm proud we're not all a bunch of kool-aid drinkers waiting for slaughter.

Wow, how did I miss this post? Oh, that’s right. I was a little preoccupied with getting to and from work because of some minor flooding issues. Why was I so concerned with getting to and from work? Because someday I wanna own more than 11 acres of heaven, which will never happen if the laws are changed from the status quo to the status boo-hoous.

How’s that for twisting the rhetoric?

Can I get quoted now?

As far as the PETA crap, well, I think that has been pretty well debunked.

So, Manyboogers, how did you become the poster child for FOI? Rock, Paper, Scissors with the rest of the Board Members? Research has shown that more participants in R-P-S choose "Paper" because it is easier to lay your hand flat then make a rock or a scissor, plus the “Paper” was found to be less physically threatening to the other players, and who would ever want to potentially offend another player in R-P-S?

Me? I always go with “Rock” because if the pussy that chooses paper covers me than I can punch his lights out with less muscle movement because I’m already in a fist.

How about now?

Oh yeah, how many FOI T shirts did I see filling sand bags or cleaning up tornado damage? I think, but I’m not 100% sure, that it was 0. No, wait, I am sure. It was 0.

How about now?

Seriously, did you really think you would get any other reaction than the one you have gotten with these posts? Somebody needs to tighten up all the screws you have that are loose.

How about now?

Can’t we all just get along, sit around the campfire, and sing Kum Ba Yah? Uhhhh, no.

The ‘Bonker

Ah Bonkers, The reasonI have to keep coming back again and again!!

R-P-S.......... Are you serious! I can picture you thinking these things up, and I must say, always worth the read time!!

Oh, and the whole FOI..................................

Perhaps we as a group along with others like the IBA, Whitetails Unlimited, The Sportsman Collation, and others should form a grass roots effort to improve the travesty that is called "Deer Hunting" in the state of Texas. Look at all the millions of acres that we can't hunt every year, such as the King Ranch, for those little pissant bucks in fenced pastures just because they are auctioned of to the highest bidder. I think we should be able to get over the counter tags that would allow us access to all those private acres. I am sure that we would help the Texas deer herd and improve the overall quality by killing many more of the "CULL BUCKS" and driving the rest of the herd away from the feeder bunks and allowing them to feed more naturally. This would undoutably up the number of Boone and Crockett bucks registered from Texas, currently way way below Iowa, because more than the million and billionaires will have a crack at them. Every one knows that us redneck poor Iowa deer hunters want to register every record buck we can because that is the only way we can feel equal to the high dollar boys. We need to be able to hire lobbyist in the Texas State House to bring about laws that will tear down all the high fences that "Deer Managers" use to curtail the gene pool of certain herds and to introduce genetically engineered bucks to possibly bring the Texas bucks just a little closer to Iowa standards. Most importantly these lobbyist would push for the abolishment of any and all "Outfitters" or anyone who charges for hunts or leases. If we can take the dollars and greed out of deer hunting it will certainly improve the hunting and the health of the deer herd in Texas. I would even bet that we could get a lot of help from PETA toward stopping the raising and "management" of all those deer that are being shot as they come into strategically placed feeders and water tanks. What do you think Manybooners, good idea or bad? I also don't put a lot of stock in poster's opinions when they don't even have the strength of conviction to fill out their BIO and be proud of who they are an where they are from!!

Manybooners,

If you are truly concerened about the anti's, PETA and the like and not just using that as a springboard to spout more rehtoric maybe you should reconsider the use of your avatar.

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fishbonker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, how did I miss this post? Oh, that’s right. I was a little preoccupied with getting to and from work because of some minor flooding issues. Why was I so concerned with getting to and from work? Because someday I wanna own more than 11 acres of heaven, which will never happen if the laws are changed from the status quo to the status boo-hoous.

How’s that for twisting the rhetoric?

Can I get quoted now?

As far as the PETA crap, well, I think that has been pretty well debunked.

So, Manyboogers, how did you become the poster child for FOI? Rock, Paper, Scissors with the rest of the Board Members? Research has shown that more participants in R-P-S choose "Paper" because it is easier to lay your hand flat then make a rock or a scissor, plus the “Paper” was found to be less physically threatening to the other players, and who would ever want to potentially offend another player in R-P-S?

Me? I always go with “Rock” because if the pussy that chooses paper covers me than I can punch his lights out with less muscle movement because I’m already in a fist.

How about now?

Oh yeah, how many FOI T shirts did I see filling sand bags or cleaning up tornado damage? I think, but I’m not 100% sure, that it was 0. No, wait, I am sure. It was 0.

How about now?

Seriously, did you really think you would get any other reaction than the one you have gotten with these posts? Somebody needs to tighten up all the screws you have that are loose.

How about now?

Can’t we all just get along, sit around the campfire, and sing Kum Ba Yah? Uhhhh, no.

The ‘Bonker

</div></div>

I love that reply Bonker you silver tongue devil you. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif I can't help but sit here and have a smirk on my face while reading it. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Keep up the good reading.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntyak</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "My friends out of state always speak of hoping to draw a tag in Iowa and cant wait until they do. They respect us for how we do things and know that when their chance comes..it will be a quality experience." ... "I as an Iowan love having friends come hunt, but the minute it is taken for granted, it loses its luster and then its quality when it starts to slide."</div></div>

I relocated out here about a year ago, and you wouldn't believe the number of friends who have contacted me hinting to hunt since they found I moved here. Iowa is truly the land of the mystical buck.

I do not hunt, but I respect the rights of everyone here to do so in a way that preserves the experience. I'm proud of you for not letting the funded agendas run over your rights.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The ‘Bonker

</div></div>

Oh my..... I almost spit Mt Dew and pizza all over my computer....

I would humbly and gratefully accept to run as Bonkers Vice President. If we can get into Texas maybe I could get in a lot of quail hunting, but I hear it is a lot more dangerous than deer hunting, especially for the guests.

If nominated I shall not run, if elected I shall not serve.

Spoken by another famous Texan.

I really don’t think anybody wants to live in a country where most decisions are made with bourbon or King Cobra as the top advisor to the President.

The ‘Bonker

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really don’t think anybody wants to live in a country where most decisions are made with bourbon or King Cobra as the top advisor to the President.</div></div>

Well, it might be better than Paper-Rock-Scissors!

C'mon guys, lead the way!

I think over the years everyone pulls the "PETA" argument when they are on the losing end of a failed argument and they know their points do not stand up to the opposing views. I almost laughed a bit on this one. What I don't think Manybooners realized is how the people onn here are a far notch up from your average guy and they don't fall into those silly distractions and get sidetracked from a horribly misguided assault on this great state's rights and regulations.

*Is manybooners really the John guy from Agri-bucks website? If that's him, WOW that is about as obvious of a motive as you can get, not sure if that's true or not though. It sure would boil down his motives to anyone with a 2nd grade education.

Top Bottom