Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Careful how we talk about fellow hunters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Again, deny this, PETA NEVER KEPT ME FROM HUNTING MY OWN LAND...PETA NEVER KEPT MY CHILDREN OFF MY LAND, IBA DID.

Again, the original post was for information only. Some seem to thrive on twisting things back to fit their own agenda. </div></div>

Seems to be the pot calling the kettle black IMO. Take a look in the mirror, bud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I am sorry but if you are not a resident of this state, then in my opinion you get no say in what our laws are or how they are set, I don't care if you own a whole county here, if you are not a resident bug off when it comes to the laws of my state </div></div>

I agree.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Iowa State Motto : Our Liberties We Prize and Our Rights We Will Maintain. </div></div>

DOUBLE AMEN to that. NR landowership doesn't make you a citizen of this state!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: manybooners</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Again, deny this, PETA NEVER KEPT ME FROM HUNTING MY OWN LAND...PETA NEVER KEPT MY CHILDREN OFF MY LAND, IBA DID.

Again, the original post was for information only. Some seem to thrive on twisting things back to fit their own agenda. </div></div>

I don't know of a single instance where anyone wanted to keep you off of your land. Hell have a blast, enjoy the beautiful scenery Iowa has to offer.

Just don't shoot the wildlife owned by the STATE OF IOWA.

Holy cats, I just took time to read the thread that spawned this chain!

... then this chick promptly joined IBA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smart doe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy cats, I just took time to read the thread that spawned this chain!

... then this chick promptly joined IBA. </div></div>

You gotta love the fact that everyone on here sees right through this guy and his ideas for Iowa! Now if we could get everyone else in the state to do the same...

Manybooners,

I to will soon be a non-resident and I have to admit someday I will more than likely purchase land in the state of IA. I am disappointed I will be moving and yes it will be tough not hunting this great state every year, as I really enjoy sitting in the stand with some close friends and have really made some good friends with several farmers in the area. That being said, none of that would have been possible without the current regs, I have gained access to 1000+ acres of private land in IA because it is available for the common guy to get access beause we don't have lease issues, outfitters, etc etc. due to the current regulations from the IA DNR. Change these regulations and you will have another Golden Triangle on your hands, 70% of the ground in several counties will be leased and outfitted (just like Pike County) and sure a few more Booners might get posted and the state might be represented as the most likely to crack a booner, but the hunting will go to average at best, just like IL. No doubt there will still be some great places to hunt, but the opprotunity for the average hunter to knock on a door and gain access to ground through the offer of helping out a farmer or just because a the farmer is a heck of guy will be gone.

It has happened in great hunting states like IL and KS and if you change the laws the way you want them it will happen in IA too. IL started out with similar intentions as you are proposing, now they have left over NR tags every year, the leased land looks like cattle have been working the timbers from the number of hunters and many many areas have went from top notch hunting to piss poor hunting.

Do everyone a favor keep IA the best whitetail state in the country and leave the laws alone. IA is no different in my opinion than other states and areas that have made it difficult to draw tags such as AZ. AZ elk tag is a 6 year process unless you are very fortunate, no one complains because when the get there they know there is a great chance they will have a hunt of a lifetime.

Top notch hunting comes from top notch management, make the changes you want and I 10 years from now you will be bitching about the lack of quality hunting in IA.

Kratz

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jkratz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Manybooners,

I to will soon be a non-resident and I have to admit someday I will more than likely purchase land in the state of IA. I am disappointed I will be moving and yes it will be tough not hunting this great state every year, as I really enjoy sitting in the stand with some close friends and have really made some good friends with several farmers in the area. That being said, none of that would have been possible without the current regs, I have gained access to 1000+ acres of private land in IA because it is available for the common guy to get access beause we don't have lease issues, outfitters, etc etc. due to the current regulations from the IA DNR. Change these regulations and you will have another Golden Triangle on your hands, 70% of the ground in several counties will be leased and outfitted (just like Pike County) and sure a few more Booners might get posted and the state might be represented as the most likely to crack a booner, but the hunting will go to average at best, just like IL. No doubt there will still be some great places to hunt, but the opprotunity for the average hunter to knock on a door and gain access to ground through the offer of helping out a farmer or just because a the farmer is a heck of guy will be gone.

It has happened in great hunting states like IL and KS and if you change the laws the way you want them it will happen in IA too. IL started out with similar intentions as you are proposing, now they have left over NR tags every year, the leased land looks like cattle have been working the timbers from the number of hunters and many many areas have went from top notch hunting to piss poor hunting.

Do everyone a favor keep IA the best whitetail state in the country and leave the laws alone. IA is no different in my opinion than other states and areas that have made it difficult to draw tags such as AZ. AZ elk tag is a 6 year process unless you are very fortunate, no one complains because when the get there they know there is a great chance they will have a hunt of a lifetime.

Top notch hunting comes from top notch management, make the changes you want and I 10 years from now you will be bitching about the lack of quality hunting in IA.

Kratz </div></div>

Awesome words Kratz! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Top Bottom