Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Central Iowa buck...

nicerack

Words out that a 197 green score was shot by a bowhunter in central Iowa today. Hoping to acquire pics. Sorry about the tease. Hoping someone else has seen it.

A buddy of mine shot him yesterday morning .I haven't seen it yet but he told me it had 22 points with a drop tine.He was sure pumped !
OA
Gary

You surely don’t expect any of us to believe this 197 buck was taken in Iowa.
shocked.gif

Of course additional photos and the story mite be convincing.
evil.gif

He said he was hunting some new ground but I'm pretty sure it was in Dallas CO.

He called the shop he bought the bow from and said the Register was getting pics. I heard Dallas county. Should see pics today.

I wondered what score that thing was. I was driving home yesterday and went through the "triangle" in Waukee. Saw a pickup parked in front of the pub with it's tailgate down. There was an absolute beast in there. I was in a hurry to get my son to football practice or I would have stopped. Its a 5 minute drive to my house. I wonder if thats the buck I saw. There were points all over this thing. It was absolutely massive.

cybball,
That would be the deer that their talkin about.My buddy lives in Waukee.
OA
Gary

I thought so. That thing is a bruiser. I was 60 yards away and it looked big. Even the body on that thing looked big. I'm mad that I didn't stop.
Let's get some pics so we can see it. I saw the top view, which impressed the heck out of me, but would love to see the front on and sides.

Couldn't have been in Dallas County . . .there are no big bucks left there. Let's say . . . Madison County
smirk.gif

Come on post the pictures PLEASE. Im dying over here.

Doug,
I tried to call him on his cell but only got a voice mail.I am going offline for the rest of the day.If I can get him later I'll try to get back on.
Gary

Wow, funny how fast this stuff travels. I saw a post on this same deer on the Matthew's website. Bunch of guys calling this BS until they see pics. I saw the deer, granted it was from about 60 yards away, but I saw it. Guess there are enough bogus deer stories on the internet just to get people going. Well, good luck to anyone hunting this weekend. Cold snap should get some moving.

Doug,
I talked to my buddy.He has a pic that he will let you post.His computer is down.I sent you a pm with his phone number.
Gary

Top Bottom