Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Concealed carry gun?

And if anyone has a carry permit from another state, it is honored in IA ... so no need to go thru the training, etc.

I'm going to carry this! Dirty Harry ain't got nothing on me!!!

picture.php

I will be carrying a Kimber full size 1911. I may find something smaller, but going to try that out first. I shoot it well and am very comfortable with how it operates. It will be in a Crossbreed Supertuck holster.

The way the medea is going crazy with this it may not last long or every place is going to have signs NO GUNS:(

Went from may issue to shall issue. Before the change a county Sheriff made the decision as to who could carry. The sheriff was able to deny you a permit. Some Sheriffs would issue to everyone eligible and some would issue to nobody. Very inconsistant and obviously unfair to the residents of our State. Sheriffs could also write any restrictions they wanted on the permit as well. Iowa is finally heading in the right direction on this issue. :way:

Good deal.

And if anyone has a carry permit from another state, it is honored in IA ... so no need to go thru the training, etc.

My wife and her family are from Iowa. My wife and I own land it Iowa and we are up there often.

I have a Texas CHL permit. Will it be honored in Iowa now ?

Iowa honors many other states, but if you are an Iowa resident, you are required to obtain an Iowa permit.

I can't find my map of which states Iowa honors... anyone know?

Am I reading this new law right, I can have a loaded, uncased firearm in my vehicle? Regardless if its a handgun, shotgun, or rifle?

That is just messed up.

Not really. It's just a new concept to you. In the Dakota's you can have the gun loaded uncased without a carry permit as long as the chamber is empty. It has been that way as long as I have been hunting out there (20+) years.

If you could carry one during bow season I would buy one tomorrow. Some days I get a little antsy walking out of a public spot only to see a truck sitting there running in the parking lot a good hour after dark with the lights off.

Here in Texas we can carry during the archery only season. They changed the law a couple of years ago.

Here is the way the law reads now:

Only the archery and crossbow equipment prescribed in this section may be used for taking game animals or game birds. Archery and crossbow equipment may not be used to hunt deer during the Muzzleloader-Only Deer Season. It is unlawful to be in possession of a firearm while hunting with a broadhead HUNTING point during the Archery-Only season, except a person licensed to carry a concealed handgun in Texas may carry a concealed handgun. NOTE: A firearm may be possessed in camp, in a motor vehicle, or while hunting lawful game other than whitetail or mule deer and turkey (e.g., exotics, feral hogs, squirrels).

Ok now that Ive actually held and handled the Walther PK380 and the Bersa Thunder 380 Ive ruled both of them out as they are just too big for pocket guns. Now I think Im leaning towards either the Ruger LCP or the Sig P238. The Ruger is much more affordable and I could put a crimson trace on it and still have less invested than the Sig P238 alone, but the sig seems like it would maybe be a little more reliable and accurate, I really like the mini 1911 style. Does anyone have any first hand experience with either of these??? Ive noticed that the Ruger is probably worthless without the crimson trace because the sights are horrible. Heres a link to both

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcp/index.html?r=y

http://www.sigsauer.com/products/ShowCatalogProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=67&productid=265

Top Bottom