Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

CW From The Stand

Went out yesterday morning and saw a shooter but couldn't tell for sure what buck it was as we walked through thick trees 150 yards away..

This morning I got to my stand 5 minutes later than I wanted to. As I got sat down I noticed a deer walking straight away from me in the beans 100 yards away. So I put the Binos up and it was another shooter.. Must have passed my stand right before I got here.. Bummer.. Let's see if I can see another deer yet this morning

Well my season just continues to get worse... After having to go to my back up bow in October due to problems. I noticed my rest was loose on my way to the stand tonight so I come back home to tighten it and get everything adjusted again.. I take my first shot got it close. Take a second shot and all of a sudden I see a black thing fly off my bow... What the heck!!! Come to find out my site broke where the site bracket connects to the actual site.

I'm ready for late season.

Well got a new sight and got it sighted in.. Headed to the treestand now hope something comes my way.. Have a doe and any sex tag to fill no blood drawn by me yet this year

Me neither, but most likely won't get the chance for bow again until late season. I say whack the first good doe that comes your way!

Well in the stand again tonight.. Doubt I'll see anything but it's nice to get away from the stress from school. Now if only a big ole buck would come walking in

Good Luck, A Bleat Call maybe the ticket. Also, I don't know how you guys text on stand. I get paranoid even getting my phone out to check the time, let alone text.

After my option to use a muzzleloader during late season fell through I have decided to go second season shotgun so I scouted tonight and saw a great buck with 4 does.. Hopefully they keep the pattern

Got out tonight. I setup to shoot south/southeast in a fenceline. At 4:15 I had two young bucks behind me. I was watching them when I heard the fence in front of me rattle. I tried to turn to see what it was and he busted me nice mature buck 10 yards away. I'm not a person to take running shots so he got away... Then the rain started again so I began rushing to get the camera put in a waterproof bag and I turn around to see four does staring at me.. Let's just say it wasn't my night. Nice to see deer again though

Got out tonight. I setup to shoot south/southeast in a fenceline. At 4:15 I had two young bucks behind me. I was watching them when I heard the fence in front of me rattle. I tried to turn to see what it was and he busted me nice mature buck 10 yards away. I'm not a person to take running shots so he got away... Then the rain started again so I began rushing to get the camera put in a waterproof bag and I turn around to see four does staring at me.. Let's just say it wasn't my night. Nice to see deer again though
running shot at 10 yards.... Are you a bad shot? Was something in the way?? Sounds like you should be posting in the harvest section...or are you just trying to look down on all the fellow orange army?!

running shot at 10 yards.... Are you a bad shot? Was something in the way?? Sounds like you should be posting in the harvest section...or are you just trying to look down on all the fellow orange army?!

No the fact I find it unethical to take a shot when an animal running is my opinion. I won't take a shot that I can't guarantee where the shot is going. When the deer took of he headed straight away before I could even get the gun to a position to offer a shot.

No the fact I find it unethical to take a shot when an animal running is my opinion. I won't take a shot that I can't guarantee where the shot is going. When the deer took of he headed straight away before I could even get the gun to a position to offer a shot.

No need to defend what you did. Many of us appreciate someone who knows their limitations and has great respect for the game we pursue. Truly, that prior comment was just ridiculous.

Top Bottom