Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Daily updates on activity....

bkcrrtnps

Still getting prime time and it's always neat to hear what other guys are seeing, so here we go...

130's 9 POINT...a doe and 2 fawns .... and a lot of wind. Plus a lot more wind.

I've only been out 5 times. Yesterday morning (10/25) was the most action Ive seen forkers chasing does pretty hard. Passed on a up and comer 8 pt at 25yrds. It will get intense if the lows start to stay in the 20s.

Saw a 140 inch 11 last sunday working a scrape at 10 yards and a probably 135 come work a scrape last night at about 6. Then a 115 inch 10 came out and was sparring with a little fork horn dark. Lots of does in the plot as well all night.

Still real slow around Desmoines. Did see a 160 ten last night went out this morning nothing moving in the wind. Maybe this evening.

sent from super hunters I phone

Went to one of my not so prime spots this am due to the wind direction, so did not expect much. Saw 12 does and fawn pass by and one small 6 point. Fun morning.

First sit of the year this morning. Saw a small 8, little bigger 8, fawn then 140's ten I recognized from last year that put on a lot of inches :D. Then another smaller 8. And lots of tree rats! Not any chases but they all sniffed at the fawn that was hanging around.

6 does 4 nights ago. 3 nights ago had 4 bucks one being a 150 class 9 point. Two of the other bucks got into a battle in the corn. It wasn't sparing they were actually going after each other. Yesterday morning saw 4 does and a buck. Last night saw a button buck. This morning saw a doe with two fawns and a fork... Saw that my annual scrape really opened up this week. It is 6ft by 3 ft

I've been having good luck...cut corn had 12-13 does. About 30 minutes before dark bucks started entering the feild had 2 of the mature bucks I'm after on this property pushing does around. Younger bucks chasing with noses down. Bucks are ready in my area, just need the does on the same page.

This morning was my worst set yet. Saw a doe and her twin fawns that was it. On a positive note, I did sit in my "comfy" stand so I was able to relax and it was a beautiful morning. Checked cams, and had bucks hitting the scrape within 30 yards of this stand in daylight. I also checked another cam on a open gate and have pics of a "new" buck that I have never seen on the farm walking through in daylight. I only got one picture of him, but looks like he has a lot going on. In total, have 3 "new" bucks I have never seen on cams until now.

Had a doe and twin fawns about 65 yards behind me, that was it for deer. Was entertained for a good hour and a half by 3 nice toms that roosted above me then spent 45 minutes making feathers and blood fly. Best turkey fight I've ever seen. Debating where to sit tonight---travel corridor along creek bottom vs edge of standing corn 30 yards into the timber

Saw 14 deer this morning 5 bucks and 9 does, the bucks were all 2.5 or younger and sparring with each other, making rubs and scrapes. Movement was good right up until 1030 when I had to get down to go to work.

I work for BNSF railroad in southern iowa so I get to see a lot of great land. Today the deer count was pretty high with 3 mature deer dogging does. YEsterday morning I saw 6 bucks in toe 130-150 range cruising. Also, have gotten a few mature deer starting to show up on cams at first light in the mornings. If it stays cold Id say it shouldn't be much longer. I have seen a lot more deer in cut/standing beanfields than in cut corn fields. Actually they are tearing up the beans!

Passed a 150-155ish 10, lots of young bucks running crazy looking for something. The nanny's are skidish, lot's of big nanny's with no fawns at their side. It's gettin close.

I've been hunting in the timber, tuesday night after the rain saw maybe 15 deer/ 6 bucks 2 of which were mature. Little ones sparring, heard some grunting. Tonite bucks moving again, mature bucks pushing each other, light sparring nothing serious. Heard a few grunts tonite as well but no outright chasing.

I work for BNSF railroad in southern iowa so I get to see a lot of great land. Today the deer count was pretty high with 3 mature deer dogging does. YEsterday morning I saw 6 bucks in toe 130-150 range cruising. Also, have gotten a few mature deer starting to show up on cams at first light in the mornings. If it stays cold Id say it shouldn't be much longer. I have seen a lot more deer in cut/standing beanfields than in cut corn fields. Actually they are tearing up the beans!

On average how many deer a year do you hit? Mostly does? One of my places there's no other way to get to the place besides going across the tracks (shed hunting) and I actually saw a train hit one of three does that crossed infront of it. I've seen tons of dead deer on the tracks so I'm jus curious.

On average how many deer a year do you hit? Mostly does? One of my places there's no other way to get to the place besides going across the tracks (shed hunting) and I actually saw a train hit one of three does that crossed infront of it. I've seen tons of dead deer on the tracks so I'm jus curious.

I personally haven't hit one yet. But its only a matter of time I believe. I have had several close calls though. Its not as common as you would think. Id say maybe 2 deer a week get hit if that. Mostly does from what I see.

Top Bottom