Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Daily updates on activity....

I like reading these sightings. "Fifiteen deer tonight". "This many bucks,,this many does". In the three wks I'll be at it, I will be excited to see 15 to 18 deer,,total. Not complaining either.

Small 8 pt 115"ish was grunting.and chasing a young doe last night at last light. She wanted no part in that. He gave up quickly and started feeding in the alfalfa field.

I like reading these sightings. "Fifiteen deer tonight". "This many bucks,,this many does". In the three wks I'll be at it, I will be excited to see 15 to 18 deer,,total. Not complaining either.

That's how my year was last year for the whole season

Seen a big 160ish at first light headed back to his bed. Tickled the horns a little and he came in but held up about 100 yards out. Stood for a moment, then went back into the timber.

I personally haven't hit one yet. But its only a matter of time I believe. I have had several close calls though. Its not as common as you would think. Id say maybe 2 deer a week get hit if that. Mostly does from what I see.

What time of day are u seeing deer

Just got back from North East Iowa. I hunted Friday , Saturday, and Sunday morning. Wind, wind, and more wind! One 6 on Friday, Saturday all day 2 does, and this morning 4 does and 2- 2 1/2 year olds bumping the 4 does. Wouldn't respond to calls, or anything. Buddy of mine hunting 30 minuets from me says the deer were going crazy yesterday. Passed a 160 and bucks chasing all day. I call complete B.S. He always has a good story.

Just does here in harrison co. MO. Hunted every evening this month and activity is picking up but just does and young bucks is all in seeing. Haven't seen a mature deer yet. I like that about the bs stories, seems like some people see "shooters" every time they go out and the deer are going crazy yet they never seem to kill one or if someone goes with them it's a bad day and they don't see any lol.

Only real monster buck I've seen was while walking back and he was just out of the corn in the timber. (Missed him btw). He was paired with another buck and he wouldn't respond to anything I threw at him. I have seen a few shooters while in the stand but I'm sure they were flushed from a combine picking corn

What time of day are u seeing deer
Gundog,
I am seeing deer in the mornings from first light all the way until 1030ish. And then again from 3 till dark. Today on my way back from lincoln, ne I saw my first promising sign. About a 145-50 inch 10 had a doe pinned down about 50-75 yards away from the tracks. Which i thought was odd this time of year
He was definately on the down hill side. An old warrior! Id say the next few days should start getting heated

Had non stop action tonight after 5. Seen 6 small bucks 5 of which were chasing two does. Seen two does with fawns feeding in a cut corn field and a decent buck came out to feed a little before dark. Things are starting to heat up.

I'm not seeing any deer and they are somehow avoiding my cameras, but there is new buck sign about every day. I hunted all weekend and didn't see anything from my stand. Seen a couple waking in and out. It's gotta get better eventually.

Sat for six hours (morning and evening on Saturday). I had so much action...if I wanted to shoot squirrels. Didn't see a deer, but then again we were working nearby on a shed so I was a little bit noisy during the day. But there was quite a lot of action on the trail cams this week, including three different shooters in the food plot before dark. I just need to be in the right place at the right time.

Yeah, this weekend was bad all around. Little deer activity, dropped my bow out of the stand, hopefully got my bad hunts and luck out of the way for the season. Tonight I didn't see a single deer until I got ready to get down. A doe and her fawn. Still seeing does and fawns together here in SW Iowa.

Four bucks and eight does/fawns this morning. Had one small eight point dogging a doe, busting brush and crashing around as he went. Not long after they came through a 110-120 eight point came through on pretty much the same trail ... that was at 8:18 a.m. I saw another small buck moving around 9:20. Towards the end of this week will be money.

-Longspurs-

Sat yesterday morning in NW Iowa and had deer action pretty much all morning til about 10. I walked to where dad was sitting and as he was climbing down, he spotted a mid 150's 10 about 150 yards away. We sat there for a second and he started moving our direction. Dad climbed back up as I just got settled in to watch the show. He got to about 100 yards and then I spotted the doe. We watched as she literally stood there for an hour and a half as he licked some branches and scratched his head on some dead falls. At 11:30, he laid down as she stood there looking around. Not moving a muscle. We had to get back home as we had some family things going on. Dad went back later that afternoon to see if they were still there and he never saw a deer.

Yeah, this weekend was bad all around. Little deer activity, dropped my bow out of the stand, hopefully got my bad hunts and luck out of the way for the season. Tonight I didn't see a single deer until I got ready to get down. A doe and her fawn. Still seeing does and fawns together here in SW Iowa.

Don't feel bad, I hunted at Hepburn last night, from 4 to 7 over a pretty nice food plot...didn't see a single deer. No bucks over 160 on any of my 4 cams. After my first ever pheasant opener zero, I am bummed about the direction of hunting in SW iowa.

Don't feel bad, I hunted at Hepburn last night, from 4 to 7 over a pretty nice food plot...didn't see a single deer. No bucks over 160 on any of my 4 cams. After my first ever pheasant opener zero, I am bummed about the direction of hunting in SW iowa.

Hopefully things turn around this week. Going to brush in a blind tonight near a gate opening in CRP, which had two good bucks using during daylight. Still really early, but last weekend showed promise and then weekend was SUPER slow. On a positive note, my bow seems fine after taking a 20ft plunge!

I haven't been out nearly as much as I have over the last 7 years. Only 3 times in the stand but tonight was promising. Sat in a new set on a the edge of a bedding area. Had 8 does come out from a different piece of the property (which I debated of sitting in that stand but didn't like the wind). Then can a huge body buck and looked like a good buck in the 150's pushing a couple of the does. This bucks body looked like and elk next to the does. I rattled at him and grunted but never got within a 250yds. He was content to hang out with his ladies. Good to know there's a decent buck on the property as 3 trail cams haven't picked anything up since June. This property doesn't usually get going for a couple more weeks and then for some reason (Does) the big boys should be invading the timber.

Top Bottom