Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

decent 9

Well, I know if it were me I'd attempt to stop shaking long enough to fling an arrow in its general direction.

Having said that, are there any other deer in that area you would shoot? Is there alot of pressure in that area? Will it make it through another season? If it were the last day of the season and you hadn't filled your tag would you shoot it?

I understand they can't be 200+ megamonsters if they get shot when they are mearly 170 monsters.

The 'Bonker

That deer ain't as big as the first picture makes it seem, here's what is making us second guess his size and age. Profile makes him shrink and this is why he may get the pass.

411nineagain.JPG

The more I spend time setting trail cameras and looking at pictures. I am beginning to believe that the deer tend to be bigger then the picture really shows. I saw a buck at 35 yards while i was setting a camera and later got his picture only 10 to 15 yards away from camera and he didn't look as big as he look in the field when I was there. So I believe we get an idea on how big they are and until we see them underneath our stands we really don't know how big they are. Good Luck.

I agree on letting him walk.

That dudes has all sorts of potential. Judging by his body size, he's got a lot more growing to do...and that can only translate into more antler as well.

I'd call him TOP (Tons Of Potential).

I understand why you guys opt to let him pass
evil.gif

You cant shoot a booner if you are killling 130 -140 class deer.

he will be redicilious in a year or two

Great post! In a year or two you will druel at the sight of him. Start a file for every buck today muddy. As the years progress you'll be amazed at the histories you've collect on a boat load of bucks.

Top Bottom