Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Nicknames

Big Timber

Does anybody else name the deer in your area? You got Terry the Ten point, Eric the eight, danny the droptine, Barry Bad genes, Frederick the fawn, Larry long horn, Edwin the easy shot (small eighter), Dunston the defect, Wendell wallhanger, Never seen Nick, Timmy the tripod (three legs), Lucky lucy, Willy wide rack, Basket rack Bill, Please don't shoot me Preston, Frankie the fighter, Bart the breeder (Breeding Machine!), Bullet proof Brock, Tina too small, Outta shape Ollie, Fifty yard Freddie (Never comes in range), Albino Aaron (No, I havent seen one), Milo YoHanson Buck, I shot a hole in his horn buck, Dances with Does, and finally, RACKENSTEIN (MONSTER).
This should get us started.
BT

you named my bow kill "elroy the eight" weirdo. my dad and i had one awhile back named "big buckwheat." too funny bigtimber.

I named your deer Elroy the Eight for a reason. After that buck passed away, well if you can call it a buck, it looked like something out of a freak show. Nice shot "Headhunter" ALWAYS KNOW YOUR TARGET AND WHAT'S BEYOND IT, General. Congrats
BT

By the way, cant you come up with any of your own?

I have only named 2 deer and they are after Greek gods. They were both dandy bucks (that eluded me). About 10 years ago Achillies stood broadside to me when all I had left was my archery doe tag. Then this year I encountered Zues, who was 1 step from my 20 yard opening when he caught me moving. (I think he heard my heart pounding).

My first buck (11 pointer) taken in 1968....folks had it mounted for me and has always been known as "Bambi"....gets his own red and white stocking cap each year for Christmas.

Here is one for you...

110801A_sm.jpg

"Club Head"

If the truth were really known the DEER probably have nicknames for us such as "Blind as a Bat", "Crooked Barrell", "Lost Larry" etc. and the big ones sit on top of some hill or fenceline and laugh their a$$'s off at some of us!

Once after watching an Alberta hunting video we started naming "the big one" that we always would see "Tyrone". Personally my favorite is calling the big guys I'm always seeing at 100 yards Bullwinke or as my friend says it Bowwinkle. Either way naming the elusive bucks makes it more fun for us. That pic you have there of "Clubhead" is pretty good TLH! I'm assuming that you took the pic? Just wondering! =)

Nice pic, I'm jealous cuz my photo opportunities have always come when it's either too dark, too rainy, too cold, or the camera is in the car. Either way the mental images are always good. Thanks for the luck on the rest of the season, from the sounds of it "Carter's Army" was in the timber I'm planning on late muzzleloading this season. Got my best buck with the bow earlier and hope that the luck sticks with.

MW

Saw that...I must be getting old, all I could imagine was the 22 pointer I've been looking for all year
smile.gif

Welcome All New Members!

TLH, Founder - iowawhitetail.com -

Top Bottom