Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Deer Nicknames

There are a few names in my woods. Sportos, smaller bucks and Shooters.

You know a shooter when you see him. You don't have to count the tines, the sheer mass tells you he is a Shooter.

I also had the Brothers Dumb for a few years, two bucks the same age that hung around each other every day for their first two years of life. They would come into rattling every time from across fields, spar and do whatever. Always together. When they got to 3 1/2 I never saw them together.

I've followed this BB for some time not but just not got signed in. I'm sure it won't be the last you hear from me. The best deer name I've heard of was when my brother missed a huge buck a few years ago. He was so excited about it he explained that it looke like it had two rocking chairs on its head. The Rocking Chair buck is still on the loose.

Good hunting and happy holidays.

We have a deer similar to club head in our area. His nickname is sparky due to the one side of his rack stays dark and it looks like he stuck his rack in an electrical outlet.

How do deer get tines like that? Is it random? My brother shot a small buck this year that had "normal" antlers on one side and a wierd drop tine on the other.

Smokepole,

He has had an injury on the one side, probably in velvet.

Here he is this morning at first light in the snow with a doe.

Merry Christmas!

TLH

uploadedMerryxMas.jpg

Bootjack, stumpy, Big six , Count Scabula, Twin Eights, Hayhook, Canopener,
Garden Rake, War Horse, Battle Cruiser. To name a few.

My problem any more is fading memory and this year I seen too many deer to be able to keep tabs on them all as well as usual. What a shame huh?

[This message has been edited by BW (edited 12-23-2001).]

Top Bottom