Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Did Bonker get banned???

This is a photo I found many years ago on an archery website. Thought it would fit right in.

The thread title on the archery website was "How to make a pussy quiver"

catquiver.jpg

OMG that is too funny.

For the person that got all bent out of shape about the posting of dead cats, for god sake don't google for images of dead cats, they are everywhere....LOL

Gentleman,
You are all missing the point, I am not bent out of shape about the cats, cats sometimes get caught in traps thats the nature of the trapping it happens. My point is dont give anti hunting and anti trapping people ammunition that could effect us all as sportman. Have you ever heard the saying "perception is reality"? If we give people the perception, that as Deer hunters in Iowa, we drive around on UTV'S drinking beer tring to catch cats in traps, solely to post pictures online because we are proud of ourselves?? Come on man.. Its my opinion that this is a poor decision and could give Deer Hunting bad press..... I also know that as Americans everyone is entitled to their own opinion so to each his own, ... Good day Gentleman and good luck hunting...........

Gentleman,
You are all missing the point, I am not bent out of shape about the cats, cats sometimes get caught in traps thats the nature of the trapping it happens. My point is dont give anti hunting and anti trapping people ammunition that could effect us all as sportman. Have you ever heard the saying "perception is reality"? If we give people the perception, that as Deer hunters in Iowa, we drive around on UTV'S drinking beer tring to catch cats in traps, solely to post pictures online because we are proud of ourselves?? Come on man.. Its my opinion that this is a poor decision and could give Deer Hunting bad press..... I also know that as Americans everyone is entitled to their own opinion so to each his own, ... Good day Gentleman and good luck hunting...........

I think the cat quiver was actually made by some guy from NJ or somewhere else out east...who lived in a city.

Kodiak, I understand your point, but Bonker has a very good one as well. And personally, I AM FED UP WITH PETA, THE HUMAIN SOCIETY and all those other tree hugging animal rights activists trying to push thier adjenda on us and tell us sportsmen how to act, behave and telling us we dont respect animals or wildlife in general!

Ass Bonker said, PISS ON THEM!!!

If we give people the perception, that as Deer hunters in Iowa, we drive around on UTV'S drinking beer tring to catch cats in traps, solely to post pictures online QUOTE]
my perception is that that's what Bonker does after deer season....
AND I LOVE IT!!! :drink1:

I think the cat quiver was actually made by some guy from NJ or somewhere else out east...who lived in a city.

Bluedog, I’m confused? did you read the whole Thread before responding and quoting my post? I never said anything about the cat Quiver, to be honest it looks like pretty good taxidermy work. I recommend reading the whole Thread before responding. Especially when your justification starts of with I THINK? When someone says "I THINK" it means that they are not confident in what they are about to say or they are guessing.
Which ultimately means you should not join in and try and debate a fact especially an irrelevant one. Because you do not know what you are talking about!!!
But Bluedog i do have to thank you, because you prove my point about perception. You do not truly know where the "cat Quiver" came from but your perception or guess is that it came from the "THE CITY". so your going to go with it, and believe it, and it must be right!!!!

Kodiak, I understand your point, but Bonker has a very good one as well. And personally, I AM FED UP WITH PETA, THE HUMAIN SOCIETY and all those other tree hugging animal rights activists trying to push thier adjenda on us and tell us sportsmen how to act, behave and telling us we dont respect animals or wildlife in general!

Ass Bonker said, PISS ON THEM!!!

OLETOM i agree with not letting people push us around as 'Sportsman" and make our time in the field a hard one. But posting pictures online and saying that you intentionally try and kill cats and you go out to catch them isnt a smart idea. its like giving PETA / "insert animal rights activist here" bullets to put in their gun to shoot at you.
I gotta ask you though? Is trapping a Cat, Opposum or Skunk? killing it, throwing it in a hole to take pictures and posting them to laugh about, respecting animals or wildlife???????????? I personally hunt and trap and the answer seem pretty easy to me........ But im ok with agreeing to disagree......

A picture truly says a 1000 words!!!!! I dont even know why I bothered posting? This picture sums up the mentality that i am up against.. This picture could easily get into the "People Of Walmart" emails that get sent out every month.............

265-mdgc0007.jpg

Bonker, I forgot how sexy you were....er... are.... nice shorts!!!!!!!

Kodiak-- PETA will NEVER have the capability to shut this place down, EVER... too many Type-A's with guns.... I am very proud of my self when I pin-wheel a few ditch-tigers every year. Small target, and the kartwheels make me smile! :grin:

PS, a short walk off a long pier might make you feel better.....

Bonker, I forgot how sexy you were....er... are.... nice shorts!!!!!!!

Kodiak-- PETA will NEVER have the capability to shut this place down, EVER... too many Type-A's with guns.... I am very proud of my self when I pin-wheel a few ditch-tigers every year. Small target, and the kartwheels make me smile! :grin:

PS, a short walk off a long pier might make you feel better.....

I gotta ask before i even respond? Can you post a pic of yourself as well? I feel it will help me evaluate before i waste my time responding.... Just curious but when Obama was elected did you bury your guns????? SO HE COULDNT TAKE THEM!!!!! BE CAREFUL MAN BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!!!!

I bet you 5 dead cats that those are cut off hospital scrubs... and probably no underwear.

http://ianrpubs.unl.edu/live/ec1781/build/ec1781.pdf

Here is a research document from the University of Nebraska on the impact of cats/ feral cats to the environment. Its a good read. There are 60-88 million cats "owned" and another 60 million more feral cats. Predation by cats on bird species alone has an economic impact of more than $17 billion a year. I believe the Discovery Channel had put out a show a while back on the devastion that cats, in general, can cause in a given year to the environment , and it was something similar to these numbers.

Alot of people on here are not just deer hunters. We hunt multiple species from turkey, pheasant, small mammals, and waterfowl. So you have to look at the big picture of the environment and ecology and what hunters want to see and get from the land they hunt. House cats and feral cats are a non-native species to the environment. Now I'm not going to tell anybody they can't trap or shoot stray, feral, or wandering cats on their property. I'm not going to shoot a cat if it has tags on or I know who it belongs to. But my rule of thumb is if its more than 200yds from a residence its probably wild, and will probably not make it back from where it came from. I watched an orange tabby try to get itself a wild turkey last wednesday, while deer hunting. Tell me would a cat try to do that if it hadn't done it before? I think not. That cat didn't succeed that time, but it may in the future. Remember cats can kill just to kill, not because they are hungry.

http://ianrpubs.unl.edu/live/ec1781/build/ec1781.pdf

Here is a research document from the University of Nebraska on the impact of cats/ feral cats to the environment. Its a good read. There are 60-88 million cats "owned" and another 60 million more feral cats. Predation by cats on bird species alone has an economic impact of more than $17 billion a year. I believe the Discovery Channel had put out a show a while back on the devastion that cats, in general, can cause in a given year to the environment , and it was something similar to these numbers.

Alot of people on here are not just deer hunters. We hunt multiple species from turkey, pheasant, small mammals, and waterfowl. So you have to look at the big picture of the environment and ecology and what hunters want to see and get from the land they hunt. House cats and feral cats are a non-native species to the environment. Now I'm not going to tell anybody they can't trap or shoot stray, feral, or wandering cats on their property. I'm not going to shoot a cat if it has tags on or I know who it belongs to. But my rule of thumb is if its more than 200yds from a residence its probably wild, and will probably not make it back from where it came from. I watched an orange tabby try to get itself a wild turkey last wednesday, while deer hunting. Tell me would a cat try to do that if it hadn't done it before? I think not. That cat didn't succeed that time, but it may in the future. Remember cats can kill just to kill, not because they are hungry.

DONERIGHT

I dont disagree with you, ferel cats can be a problem, im not disputing that...... I am all for helping control problems that effect our hunting, wethor it be Ferel Cats or Coyotes or Wild Dogs. You and alot of other people on here arent getting what im saying. If you have a ferel cat problem and you catch some in traps fine.... its the nature of the Beast. What i disagree with is making a joke out of it and posting pictures of it. I think thats a bad idea... thats all i am saying.........

Top Bottom