Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Did they pull another thread?

So for the resident hunter you are stating only one any/sex tag? That would be interesting to see how the deer hunters would respond to that knowing they couldn't get a firearm license or a bow tag because they were limited to one any/sex tag. I bet a lot wouldn't hunt except for that particular season that they had their any/sex tag for. I agree it would bring the population back. Now with less hunters how would you fix the revenue problem?

Res LO 2 any sex tags
Res hunter 1 any sex tag good for any season
Increase revenue by allowing NRLO 1 any sex tag but they have to specify season

Res LO 2 any sex tags

Being a NRLO is equal to being a NR. If you allow this the motivation to purchase in Iowa goes over the top. The resource can't bear it and still provide the Iowa resident hunters any sort future, IMO

Last edited:
Res LO 2 any sex tags

Agreed. BUT! NRLO get 1 any sex tag after acquiring 17 points through the new and improved Nonresident deer tag lottery system. It works like this, you get 1 point a year automatically if you own land. You get another 1.5 points for every year you purchase a nonresident hunting license. NRLOs can acquire as many as 2.5 points/year. Nonres/non landowners may acquire 1.5 points/year. You must purchase a license every year in order to keep accrued points. If you miss a year, earned points are forfeited and the process starts over. Should you manage to acquire more than 19 points and still not have been selected to draw an any sex tag, you will automatically be drawn on the following year. The process will then reset.

All in favor say Aye! And we'll get this sucker done! Then we can move on to more pressing topics like how best to thin our coyote packs.

Last edited:
Res LO 2 any sex tags

That would actually decrease revenue because many of the residents would lose their hunting spots and would no longer be able to deer hunt.

Just auction the celebrity tags. They will still come hunt and can afford to buy them at a few thousand per tag. That would raise a lot of cash.

Just auction the celebrity tags. They will still come hunt and can afford to buy them at a few thousand per tag. That would raise a lot of cash

I concur!! Think of the loot you could snag if millionaire country stars had to bid for their tag as opposed to getting them free.

Typical 2014 world, give free stuff to the wealthiest because they are good at something most are not.

Have you guys agreed yet on a proposal to pitch to the Iowa DNR? I'm sure they are anxiously waiting to hear from you. :)

Last edited:
I concur!! Think of the loot you could snag if millionaire country stars had to bid for their tag as opposed to getting them free.

Typical 2014 world, give free stuff to the wealthiest because they are good at something most are not.

The Governer tags are not free they just get them without any preference points and pay the regular NR fees. I think they should charge them more too!

LOL, ok, I was being a little sarcastic. But for real, glad you guys are passionate about what we all enjoy doing so much. Surprised to see this thread last as long as it has without getting the boot. The says a lot about the guys who are partaking in it to not take things too personal and have it turn the wrong way. I thought that was going to happen a few times, but.....you proved me wrong!

On a sidenote, this thread proves how many opinions there are just within us hunters. Now, think about how many differing opinions there are amongst farmers, insurance companies, IDNR, animal lovers, etc.,......the list goes on and on, and I do not in anyway envy the job of the IDNR biologists.

I compare it to my dad's side job. He prepares the racing surface at Knoxville Raceway. He also prepares a track in NW Iowa once a year as well as one in Minnesota from time to time. He can never do it right. It can be a 'perfect' racing surface with great racing, three lanes, lots of passing, etc., and there will still be someone who isn't happy with it.

Last edited:
LOL, ok, I was being a little sarcastic. But for real, glad you guys are passionate about what we all enjoy doing so much. Surprised to see this thread last as long as it has without getting the boot. The says a lot about the guys who are partaking in it to not take things too personal and have it turn the wrong way. I thought that was going to happen a few times, but.....you proved me wrong!

On a sidenote, this thread proves how many opinions there are just within us hunters. Now, think about how many differing opinions there are amongst farmers, insurance companies, IDNR, animal loves, etc.,......the list goes on and on, and I do not in anyway envy the job of the IDNR biologists.

I compare it to my dad's side job. He prepares the racing surface at Knoxville Raceway. He also prepares a track in NW Iowa once a year as well as one in Minnesota from time to time. He can never do it right. It can be a 'perfect' racing surface with great racing, three lanes, lots of passing, etc., and there will still be someone who isn't happy with it.

Sureshot---great point, you will never satisfy everyone. I coach football and we have a player on the team that well let's just say he is Not a football player. However, his dad calls or emails almost weekly..."why isn't xxxx starting??"

Good to read all the options

Sureshot---great point, you will never satisfy everyone. I coach football and we have a player on the team that well let's just say he is Not a football player. However, his dad calls or emails almost weekly..."why isn't xxxx starting??" Good to read all the options

Hey Mr. Your Kid Sucks,

Have you ever thought about your son trying show choir?

On a sidenote, this thread proves how many opinions there are just within us hunters. Now, think about how many differing opinions there are amongst farmers, insurance companies, IDNR, animal loves, etc.,......the list goes on and on, and I do not in anyway envy the job of the IDNR biologists.

QUOTE]

You are spot on right with that comment.
It should all come down to what is the best thing for the state of Iowa. IMO

QUOTE]

You are spot on right with that comment.
It should all come down to what is the best thing for the state of Iowa. IMO

Amen to that

Fletch you will like this one.
Back in the day playing football in middle school 7 and 8th grade.
We had a running back that could not run up the field. He would run up and down the line. He got benched in favor of my brother who did well.
The next year the kid who got benched in 7th grade now trys again and decides to run up the field like he should. You could not stop him. He went to HS and did well and ended up going to UCLA and started there and played in 2 Rose Bowls and scored touchdowns I think in both. He gets drafted in the NFL draft by the Giants and I think he Led the League in punt returns for a season or two? His name is Frank Cepous.

I coach and some of these kids should stay home on the computer.

Fletch you will like this one.
Back in the day playing football in middle school 7 and 8th grade.
We had a running back that could not run up the field. He would run up and down the line. He got benched in favor of my brother who did well.
The next year the kid who got benched in 7th grade now trys again and decides to run up the field like he should. You could not stop him. He went to HS and did well and ended up going to UCLA and started there and played in 2 Rose Bowls and scored touchdowns I think in both. He gets drafted in the NFL draft by the Giants and I think he Led the League in punt returns for a season or two? His name is Frank Cepous.

I coach and some of these kids should stay home on the computer.

Cool story, but what did it have to do with me?:confused:

Fletch,

I think he's either saying that you should go try out for the Giants or should stay on the computer..... I'm not positive which one but NFL players are freak athletes.....

So are you a freak athlete in other peoples mind?

In my mind, I'm a freak athlete but the coaches don't even think I'm slightly athletic. So I tell them, "Hey I can hit a softball as hard as a Major Player", then they say but you get to first when they would be getting to third. I just shake my head and walk off...

Last edited:
Top Bottom