Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DNR comments from the IBA meeting @ spring banquet

teeroy

Life Member
bonker and randy can probably add alot more to this (bonker was taking notes), but i wanted to pass along something dale gardner said, that needs to be heard. its too bad we can't get this kind of recognition in the media.

dale praised the iowa resident hunters for adapting to the call for more herd management. the DNR asked for help, by taking more does, and hunters stepped up. other states complain that they can't "force" their residents to change their ways.

he also commended the IBA memebership. those letters and calls to the legislature really make a difference. if it weren't for those of you that answer the call, and make those calls and letters, the face of iowa deer hunting would be VASTLY different.

another fact i found interesting, they said that 17 counties would be dropped from the bonus antlerless seasons altogether, and that 8 others will see a decline in antlerless tag numbers available. for the most part, deer numbers are at a level the DNR is happy with. there are (of course) exceptions in the southern 2 tiers of counties, and a few in the NW corner of the state.

Definitely joining IBA this year! 20 dollars for a year membership! I can spend that at the local pub in an hour on a good night! lol Well worth it to anyone who cares about our deer herd and our rights.

It was a good meeting and I sure was proud to be part of the IBA sitting there listening to the IBA Board and DNR reps.

If you have not thanked Randy for sitting in on the Iowa Deer Study Committee and expressing the IBA member's views...you better shoot him a letter. Iowa deer hunters would have been SCREWED if he wasn't there. And when I say screwed, I mean without a kiss. Sorry, but I can't find a polite'r way to say it.

Thanks again Randy and thanks to Bonker for being there to!

I'd also like to thank the entire board for thier efforts! Also......the banquet was second to none!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: River Bttm Boy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd also like to thank the entire board for thier efforts! Also......the banquet was second to none! </div></div> /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I also had an interesting conversation with one of the DNR reps. He said the IBA was really the only voice representing hunters and he thought they do an outstanding job voicing our concerns and prenting facts. I make sure I have 20 bucks in my pocket when I go to the classic to renew my IBA membership.

anybody that wants to join, can hit the website and pay through paypal, or send a pm to me with your address, and i'll mail you an app

This is great to hear and reaffirms my reasons for joining. Thanks Randy for the constant effort along with everyone else who plays a role in day to day operations.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also had an interesting conversation with one of the DNR reps. He said the IBA was really the only voice representing hunters and he thought they do an outstanding job voicing our concerns and prenting facts. I make sure I have 20 bucks in my pocket when I go to the classic to renew my IBA membership. </div></div>

They mentioned the same at the meeting a number of times.

It's pretty disturbing to think where we'd be without the IBA. I signed up a bunch of members at the Deer Classic, but just as many turned away. I don't know what more you can tell a person to get them to understand what this organization means to Iowa hunters. I do think sometimes it just takes a friend to tell another.
So, grab all your buddies by the ears and help them understand. And when you're done telling them how important we are, then tell them all the fun stuff we do to. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

We need one of those soap box dudes, I'll get off now.
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Top Bottom