Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Do you wear a face mask???

strutnrut

Just wanted to know how many of you wear some sort of Face masks. Most of the time I just used the old standard 3/4 face mask. I have tryed the scent hood but I have trouble hearing with it covering my ears. I watch all of the hunting shows on TV and most of the time they are never wear anything to cover there face... Last year I had a face mask cost me a Huge buck. When I went to full draw the mask turned just a little and I could not see thru my peep. Thinking about going without and see how I get along...

You can certainly get away without a full mask, but I wear one all the time. The guys on TV probably don't wear one because they have to narrate to the camera. To avoid having a problem with it getting in the way, I use the "open-face" masks (no seperate eye/nose/mouth holes). They do hinder hearing to a degree, but I have never had a deer sneak in without me hearing it. Besides, they offer a little extra warmth during long, cold sits.

Fletch

i dont really like to wear a face mask but when its cold out i wear one. I wear on that is a hood and has a cover that comes up about half way to cover your mouth and nose. All i know is it is very warn.
laugh.gif
It depends if im rifle hunting or bow. If im shooting a bow i take it off but with my gun i dont. The deer dont really notice a differance. They still look up to see whats their but they arnt spooked if i have it off.

I always wear one to keep down the chill and help out with stare-downs with pesky old does. I really like the Camoskinz facemasks sold by cableas. I have the standard and the insulated and both are very comfortable and do not impede visibility.

I wear a cheapo lightweight one from Wal-Mart, it fits tight so it doesn't move around with my hat over it. It also keeps a little of the chill off during cold weather, not a lot though. I have gotten to the point I feel naked up there without one anymore.
blush.gif
Those old does are likely to bust you without it.

I wear a homemade (seamtress made). It id a full length hood typr that goes way down below my neck (split on the sides part way. Light weaight cotton with an ovel hole to expose eys but can be worn below the nose also.

It has elastic at the eye corners that goes behind the head to keep it from falling over the eyes. Like the others on here - it keeps the warmth in on chilly days. Colder days it is cut big enough to allow anoher insulated to go underneath.

When its warm ,I wear the thin- type head net and take it off near dusk.I have a little trouble hearing with it on too. When its cold I always wear a warm balaclava.(looked up the spelling in the cataloge)
smile.gif

I never used to wear one due to fogging glasses. Found a nice tight fitting one and now can't go without one.

This year I found the Scent-Lock combo ball cap with face mask. It is almost perfect adjustable cap and mask with thin mesh over ears allows you to hear. I leave my hat snug with mask loose and drop it with my thumb as I draw. Face paint works well but a bit messy....

I only wear mine until I'm ready to shoot, then I pull it up like a stocking cap to shoot, never been busted doing that!!!!

I hadn't for the last 4-5 years but this year found the primos stretch fit mask 3/4 mask and like it a lot. Mainly for the same reasons provided above. The last one I used was a Scentblocker mask.....had my bowstring rip it and my hat off my head shooting at a gobbler....was fed up with them til I found the stretch fit style

ive got the scent blocker and primos 3/4. the primos feels good and doesn`t block my vision , the scent blocker seems to twist as i draw my bow covering my shooting eye,IM a face mask nut, ive got 5 of them and keep serching for something better.
grin.gif

I use one I bought at the Illinois Deer Classic several years ago. It has one big opening for your eyes, nose, and mouth. Not much to it but they were 3 for $5 so it was worth it in my book. Like a few others have said, I feel naked without it.

All the time. Just a net type in warm weather, and a fleece one in cold weather. Of course, I ain't too purty, so I don't want to scare the deer away!
doah.gif

I usually wear a face mask, Just because the more skin covered the better I feel I am concealed. everyone has there own reason for what they do.

I always wear a facemask!

I use a nice tight black snowmobile balaclava or my fleece scentblocker balaclava.

Top Bottom