Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Does anyone else cringe during this??

Yes it really was that bad unfortunately the landowners brother is the ring leader of this. If we call the CO we will never set foot on the farm again which is fine I guess. Also I have seen this before in other instances and reported it they will say they thought they missed and it got dark although they knew exactly what they were doing. The real shame is this is in a area that has very good management and genetics . I live in southern iowa and have been around this season since it first started. Many wouldn't believe the deer would keep coming out but they due this area has always surprised me in the amount of day light movement . The corn had been recently combined and it was the main food source.

Yep, tough situation right there. Probably a little late to do much about it now, as the evidence (blood trails) would be gone and deer have probably been chewed up.

As far as the deer coming back out...yep, I believe it. With that many shots it would be hard to believe, but I guess if they are hungry and that is the main food source then they will keep coming.

On a related note about the ease of shooting multiple deer, I was talking to an employee at a sporting goods store probably about 4 or 5 years ago who just loved the late anterless season. Said he set up about 300-400 yds from where deer would come out and once they did he dropped 6 before they knew what was going on. Granted that was when we "needed" to take out more does, and I don't know what the population was like in the area, but that just seems like a lot of deer to shoot at one time for me. Most I've shot back to back like that was 2 during shotgun season. To each their own I guess.

Also as an addendum to my post I also think the 'QDMA' stuff is a crock. Shooting more does doesn't bring about more bucks, just decreases your population as a whole. I've hunted for 20+ years and never seen an area that I felt had way too many deer. The commercialization of hunting has hurt our sport. Now being on primarily public land, guys think shooting a doe is helping out the rest of the herd. Guess what, we seem to have a deer population issue.

In the mean time I'm going to shoot a few does in SW IA this weekend.

You evidently have not hunted in the right places then.

I agree with Jdubs.

You are definitely talking out of one side of the mouth and doing another.

The other part of this event is the farm to the south which is where the deer come from is owned by a very over protective landowner. Him and I don't get along due to the fact he will ruin our hunts if he sees us on our farm. He will drive his 4 wheeler up and down the fence at prime time during gun season. The landowner we hunt on knows this and that maybe some of the motive for this. Very sad the lack of ethics on both sides and that deer are the pawns.

The other part of this event is the farm to the south which is where the deer come from is owned by a very over protective landowner. Him and I don't get along due to the fact he will ruin our hunts if he sees us on our farm. He will drive his 4 wheeler up and down the fence at prime time during gun season. The landowner we hunt on knows this and that maybe some of the motive for this. Very sad the lack of ethics on both sides and that deer are the pawns.

hopefully it doesnt ruin your hunting anymore than it already it with him screwing around like that, I have a property that I hunt that is basically the same way good thing I can get out there during the week when he is at work

Yeah, that could be part of the reason for sure! That and they may just like to shoot. But, without being there or knowing them, I can't say for sure.

Top Bottom