Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Dry:

You guys up North,,are a symptom of the problem. the active jet streams usually are pushed north end of July and Aug,,by hot,High pressure,, formed to the south,, making the farther north you are, where most of the action is. June,,active jet stream is still usually around Iowa and Mo,. June is supposed to be the wettest month in Iowa. This year the jet stream took a quick jump up to the north in MAy. You guys have benefited . We,,down here are stuck near or mostly in the Heat Dome. Once in awhile a weak front slips down here but by that time it only produces spotty convection, that benefits a few. Further south is amazing. Ever read the daily forecast now for Kansas? Even St Louis? Glad I am as far North as I am! This block in the Atomosphere is a BIG, one,,and not going away. Crop prices,,Limit UP!

Not really Wierd,,if you read my post. The farther north the better,,this summer. Summers of 2008 thru 2010,,jet streams were unusally far south most of the summer,,and Iowa,N-MO, had flooding almost constantly!

Saturday night got 2.2 inches of much needed rain at the West Branch farm. :way:

Not out of the woods yet though.

Southern IA averages over 4" a month April-sept... The jet stream seems non existant over midwest. Winter was almost ZERO precip... Only a cut off low or two since December have brought any rain, most fronts are dry as a bone. Even warm fronts which usually slam S. IA are dry... Its gonna get worse before it gets better.... fat cow skinny cows from Genesis.

This drought is the worst we have ever seen here in Adam's Co, Il, Saturday marked 8 week's straight without a drop of rain, for us in our area, It is bad ,folk's
Our pond is down 3 ft , and all of our creek banks have completly dried up,
Praying like heck we do not get hit with blue tongue,

drought

This drought is the worst we have ever seen here in Adam's Co, Il, Saturday marked 8 week's straight without a drop of rain, for us in our area, It is bad ,folk's
Our pond is down 3 ft , and all of our creek banks have completly dried up,
Praying like heck we do not get hit with blue tongue,

How much of Illinois is like that? Not good, very sorry to hear that...crop prices unfortunately will probably go up, bad news all around, and tough on animals as well.

Most all of Ill is same boat--Drought. MO-ditto.. This is a big one. Will affect the whole country,,already is. Makes me wonder why I left the north country,,oh,,I remember,,my wife! It was worth it. thank good ness the sun sets earlier eventually,,and fall comes again. sure would not want to be any further south. Down texas way ,this lasts till Christmas!

Top Bottom