Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

DSD only missing one piece of the puzzle...

Limb Chicken

Feeder is on the way... can't wait!

DSC03484.jpg

:way:

Dude, those are so realistic, I'd end up shooting my decoy. They still get staked into the ground even though they're low profile?

They are sweeeeet. I almost feel sorry for the turkeys.

They need to come out with a full strutter:way: But Id hate to see the price tag on it.

Travis,
I would have to get the damn thing in the blind so he could choke it (the turkey)... :grin:

Randy,
You got that right. I can't afford to pay attention... :way:

Limb,
The new ones are collapsible?

Very nice looking decoys.

Might........................ have to pull the triggger.

They are not collapsible but they are not rigid either. They are a pliable plastic. I read on another forum that Dave is working on a Strutter decoy now and it might be ready by next spring.

I would say they are bendable, lighter and more durable but not collapsible. The main difference is I wouldn't be afraid to throw them in a bag together and worry about breaking or paint issues.

As far as the cost goes, yes they are expensive, but what isn't anymore? I spent the good part of an hour on the phone with Dave a few years back and realized I was supporting a guy with a small shop that has a ton of artistic ability creating custom decoys in America. I'm okay with that. :way:

I ordered an hen right before DSD web sight changed.

How do I know if I have the A.C.E. or the old style?

Cooter,
The new material is soft plastic. The older ones are a hard bodied decoy. You will be able to bend the tail/head ect... pretty easy with the new ones they will not move with the old.

Derek,
I haven't decided. I would guess yes most of the time. Can't argue with the success I have had with the pretty boy. He is suppose to be coming out with a strutter next year but for this year the jake and the pretty boy (Rico) will have to do.

Another advantage of the new ones is they are quieter. One grip I had about them is that they can be noisy setting up (taking out of the bag and putting them on the stake). But I am probably a little over the top when it comes to trying to not make any noise.

Has DSD said what the estimated price of the strutter? I figured I would start saving a dollar a day till next spring, hopefully that will cover it.

Top Bottom