Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Every year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand if people hawk their ground, I would do the same thing if I owned land. But it still aint right to group shotgun hunters as bad people, some are, but theres some good ones as well. And whoever keeps saying pushing isnt hunting is pissin me off cause then your not only cryin about it but your also talkin s*%* about my freinds, family, and group I hunt with. I think everyone should quit cryin and keep their opinions to themselves

For the trespassers with gun or bow that feel they have the right to come on my property read this.

Tonight I am going to come to your house, go in your fridge and drink your beer and then call 4 of my driving friends over to shoot the family dog. I am a dog lover by the way.

Its the same as you sneaking on my farm and taking a deer and getting away with it.

The funny part is that you actually get pissed when I tell you your gonna get locked up if you ever step off on this side of the line.

Why am I the bad guy?

I fully expect you to have me locked up if I come into your house so why are we landowners not afforded the same right?

This post would not be going on if people just respected the other guys private property.

Same goes for the shed poachers that come down to Decatur co and poach sheds. You know the crew from Wis and Michigan. Your days are numbered and your face
will be plastered all over the net. Its almost as fun chasin people as it is deer hunting... well almost as the people factor now seems to be a part of this entire fiasco.

The problem is is that the laws regarding trespassing need changed!! I think we need to get ahold of whoever we can to have stiffer trespass laws! Right now they get the same fine whether they get caught one time or ten times! To me that is just stupid!
I have always called a trespasser a trespasser or a thief a thief! Not even close to all gun hunters are trespassers but some poachers and trespassers are gun hunters. Its not the same.

jclaws said:
The problem is is that the laws regarding trespassing need changed!! I think we need to get ahold of whoever we can to have stiffer trespass laws! Right now they get the same fine whether they get caught one time or ten times! To me that is just stupid!
I have always called a trespasser a trespasser or a thief a thief! Not even close to all gun hunters are trespassers but some poachers and trespassers are gun hunters. Its not the same.

Well said. The only reason I acknowledged this thread is to stick up a little for the gun hunters. I understand that you want to keep people off of your property and its tough during shotgun season because there are a lot of knot heads out. But there is a better way of going about it than just throwing us all in the same group and running your mouth. You don't know me from Adam, just like I don't know you but yet you judge my character. Had this thread started a little different I would probably be agreeing with most of you, but every year someone has to get on here and put down ALL shotgun hunters. That's fine it's your opinion, but if you are man enough to throw your opinion around be man enough to accept the debate.

So conditioning deer to go to a food plot every day is "natural movement"? Congratulations your a better hunter than I am. But that doesn't change anything.

First of all I don't have any food plots. Also yes a deer going to eat is natural movement.

For the record I don't have a problem with deer drives as long as its done in a legal matter. Do I respect deer killed on a drive the same as deer killed from a treestand? No, because you are not beating the deer at its own game like you would one on one. I just hate what a lot of deer drives lead to around here, guys chasing them down in their trucks on the roads. I know there are good and ethical shotgun hunters out there, the bad ones have just clouded my view on shotgun season as a whole and believe me there are a lot of bad ones around me.

Last edited:
APAbows said:
First of all I don't have any food plots. Also yes a deer going to eat is natural movement.

So if I shoot a deer off a pile of corn I placed there the day before its ok because it's "natural movement" the deer are coming to eat. Baiting should be legal?

I'm tired of the bowhunters, shotgunners, muzzleloaders, coon hunters, bird hunters, coyote hunters, and trappers that do things illegally. Every "group" has their bad apples. I wish the DNR had more money for more CO's so the people that do break the law would have to suffer the consequences. Anytime someone poaches, it is possibly taking away an oppurtunity from those who follow the law. I also think it is up to us hunters and trappers to take the time to teach those younger then us to do things the right way so maybe someday this doesn't have to be an issue.

Bowtech84 said:
Well said. The only reason I acknowledged this thread is to stick up a little for the gun hunters. I understand that you want to keep people off of your property and its tough during shotgun season because there are a lot of knot heads out. But there is a better way of going about it than just throwing us all in the same group and running your mouth. You don't know me from Adam, just like I don't know you but yet you judge my character. Had this thread started a little different I would probably be agreeing with most of you, but every year someone has to get on here and put down ALL shotgun hunters. That's fine it's your opinion, but if you are man enough to throw your opinion around be man enough to accept the debate.

Right there with ya. Well said!

I wish the DNR had more money for more CO's so the people that do break the law would have to suffer the consequences.

I bet they could add another officer for nearly every county, maybe 2 more in many counties and be money ahead if they would make the fines more in line of what they should be. AND discourage some of the crap that goes on as well.

Your right, lots of nonsense...but also a lot of truth. You have people that scrimp by to be able to have a place to hunt that is not public, and at times landowners find that their hard earned land is treated as such....shotgun season is when this happens more than any other. This will only get worse in the coming years when leasing becomes more the norm. I also have shotgun hunted, nothing wrong with it if you are ethical...but stay where you have permission! Rant over

srich said:
Oh hey...good thinking. Lets see the last time I watched an out of towner shoot a buck from the road..I chased him down and got his plate number ..found the buck.. called the dnr. Then the co showed up 7 days later. Lot of good that did. Now I do handle it my way.

You handle it your way? When your children or your dog get into trouble do you run to your friends or the town store to let everyone know how mad you are about your child or dog?? "You'll never believe it, my dog ate my sandwich off the table, I'm so mad at him!" Like a little girl, you "handle it your way", by running home and getting on the Internet and whining to everyone...

You handle it your way? When your children or your dog get into trouble do you run to your friends or the town store to let everyone know how mad you are about your child or dog?? "You'll never believe it, my dog ate my sandwich off the table, I'm so mad at him!" Like a little girl, you "handle it your way", by running home and getting on the Internet and whining to everyone...

Not how I "handle" it at all..but thanks for the input. Btw...I didn't start this thread..but I do think it's gone on long enough.

Wow. Quite a few of these posts remind me of the song "So much cooler online" but substitute "cooler" for "tougher". Good grief.

Aren't you doing something very similar to what you just described to me by going thread to thread arguing with various people on various topics? Everyone is gonna have different opinions and we will not ever agree on the whole bowhunters vs shot gunners thing. Opinions are fine and again I didn't start this thread but I think it needs to end.

Alright boys, some good discussion and good points here but once again, some have decided to step over the line by starting the name calling and personal attacks. A discussion is fine, but flexing your keyboard muscles bennifits no one.

This dead horse has been beat long enough so, for now, I'm shutting it down. For a select few users it would be bennificial to learn to keep it respectful.:way:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom