Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Favorite New Product

lutyman

So I know we've already done the list of gear you can't do without, but I guess I'm always on the lookout for new things to make my life a little easier etc, so I thought it would be interesting to hear from everybody about something new they used for the first time this last year. It doesn't necessarily have to be new to the market, but new to you. It could be for your car or truck, bow or gun, deer or other.

I'll start.

I hunt on public land and have to walk about a mile into one of my favorite spots. For whatever reason, I really hate carrying the bow in my hands, so I jerry-rigged a strap with some carabiners on either end, but it was pretty noisy and I got tired of using it.

I got rid of it when I eventually found this:

http://www.gameplangear.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=22&idcategory=13

It's a bow sling with rubber grommets and key-hole clips. It's silent. Easy to install and easy to use. Looks like it would fit most any bow. Needless to say, I'm a fan.

What new product did you discover last year?

Last edited:
My Badlands pack is probably my favorite piece of equipment. Got it as a wedding gift from my best friend and it's awesome. Walking in hands free with a super comfortable pack is well worth the $200 spent, and I don't usually hike in more than a 1/2 mile at most.

The new hunt comfort seat for lonewolf treestands is worth its weight in gold. Pricey but well worth it.

I picked up a Boss Buck decoy this year, don't think I'll ever hunt the rut without it again. It helped in bringind deer in closer, plus it was so fun the watch the deer interact. That alone was worth the price.

My fav is my new '06. I know, I know it's big for coyote but I'm not shooting them for the fur. I just want to be able to hunt year round and coyote let me do that.
Besides a looooong time ago (well, months ago anyway) AZhunter offered to take me Elk hunting and I now have the option for gun or bow!! Thanks AZ!!

Last edited:
Picked up one of these this year: http://www.hooymansaws.com/tree_saw_technology.html

Needless to say, I'm extremely impressed with its versatility and packability. Easily fits in the pack and easy to use for trimming shooting lane quietly and quickly. Don't know how "new" the 5' extendable saw is, but its the best new thing I purchased this year.

I had a Hooyman 5 foot extendable and it didn't last one season. Worked ok before it was broke but after seeing what the wicked hand saw has done this season for me, I will definitely be picking up the Wicked Pole Saw when it's available.

Love my wicked hand saw...Didn't have to buy much this season but I have used that for so many things. I keep it readily available in the console of my truck ... little saw is tough as nails

I had a Hooyman 5 foot extendable and it didn't last one season. Worked ok before it was broke but after seeing what the wicked hand saw has done this season for me, I will definitely be picking up the Wicked Pole Saw when it's available.

Love my wicked hand saw...Didn't have to buy much this season but I have used that for so many things. I keep it readily available in the console of my truck ... little saw is tough as nails

Has worked great for me, went with that cause I needed a pole saw, and Wicked didn't have one at the time. If Wicked now has one, I will definitely look into them, as I have a wicked handsaw and it works awesome.

Has worked great for me, went with that cause I needed a pole saw, and Wicked didn't have one at the time. If Wicked now has one, I will definitely look into them, as I have a wicked handsaw and it works awesome.

I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought you were nuts for buying one or anything. I mean I wanted a pole saw couple years ago as well and that is what I went with but just didn't have the best of luck with it. I hope it works longer for you than it did for me.

Can't wait for that wicked pole saw Todd!

I picked up a Havalon knife last winter and finally got to use it a couple of weeks ago. Love it!

My fav is my new '06. I know, I know it's big for coyote but I'm not shooting them for the fur. I just want to be able to hunt year round and coyote let me do that.
Besides a looooong time ago (well, months ago anyway) AZhunter offered to take me Elk hunting and I now have the option for gun or bow!! Thanks AZ!!

Let me know, buddy!

I picked up a Boss Buck decoy this year, don't think I'll ever hunt the rut without it again. It helped in bringind deer in closer, plus it was so fun the watch the deer interact. That alone was worth the price.

Have any fights? How did it hold up?

Hornaday Lock & Load AP reloading system.

image001.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up some new duds from banded.com and this stuff is legit! it's extremely light weight with only 100 grams of primaloft but this is the same stuff the military uses. I've been out in this negative degree temps with just a sweat shirt n the 2L Ace jacket and been comfortable beyond belief!

My favorite new product isn't a new product to the market but new to me. I switched from G5 T3s to Nap 2-Blade Bloodrunners. I was fortunate enough to shoot a doe and buck with them and could not believe the blood trail. I've never painted the woods with so much RED! Great product.

Which knife did you get AZ? I got the piranta last year, was amazed by these knives, sharp as heck. And when it gets dull, pop out blade and throw away! Skinned two deer and countless treerats still had a decent edge on it. Worth the money IMO.

Top Bottom