Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

First bow kill and first post

shooter42

i have been watching this sight for a couple years and finally signed up a few months ago. i am moosehunters nephew.

i got out to my stand at about 2:30 on sunday afternoon. at about 3:15 i saw deer moving in thick brush way back in the woods. a few does made there way back to my stand and i saw a BIG 8 pointer that i had seen before. he stuck out at about 35 yards and i didnt want to take a shot i didnt feel comfortable with. later on in the afternoon the deer started moving out to the corn field. all of a sudden they all get scared back in the woods. i saw a bunch of deer running in the opposite direction but 5 does coming under my stand. behind them i saw that there was a shooter following them. i grunted him to a stop at about 15 yards and released my arrow. i knew that i made a good shot on him but i still had a little doubt.
i gave it 10 minutes until i called my uncle perry. he told me to climb down out of my stand and go home and grab flashlights until he would be able to pick me up. he came in about an hour and a half.

we headed out and found blood right away. it was an easy tracking job. we found him about 75 yards away from where i shot him.

this is my first bow kill in my 2nd season bow hunting. i cant remember the name of the iowawhitetail member who gave me my bow but i would like to thank you again. if you read this post you will be happy to know your old bow is still killing deer.

me tracking and perry following with a camera
2008_1123nolanbow080008.JPG

when i first walked up to him
2008_1123nolanbow080009.JPG

he ended up being a broken G3 9 pointer
2008_1123nolanbow080014.JPG

2008_1123nolanbow080018.JPG

Looks like you put one heckuva shot on him. Congrats on the first bowkill and I'm sure there's many more to follow. Welcome to the outfit too. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

congrats on the deer
welcome to the site
sorry for your relations....
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Nice work! Congrats on a great buck and welcome to IW /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Way to start off your bow hunting career.By your smile you will be hooked.Congrats on a good first bow kill buck.

Congrats and welcome to the fray! Who's this Moosehunter you speak of? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sorry for your relations.... </div></div>

I resemble that remark.....

As much as I've enjoyed my hunting time with Nolan I knew it was time he hunted on his own. He definetly knows what he's doing and as with each of us he will only get better with each hunt.

Congrats again Nolan. It was only a matter of time. I couldn't ask for a better God son.

Top Bottom