Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

flat head show

I heard he was doing a show- Going to be a great show- I went to a fish fry fundraiser at one of their homes a few years back- they definitely had no shortage of flathead:)

Check out my friends and family show that will be airing soon on the pursuit channel. Flat head fishing at its best!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj9vm6quQMo&feature=share

Don't take this the wrong way but do you honestly think a show of this nature is good for the sport of cat fishing?! Honest question.....

Show looks like they have good intentions however bringing pressure to something as delicate as our flathead fishery surely doesn't seem good. Last thing we need is every redneck in the state out trying to bank big flats. And let's be honest we know how hard it is now adays for guys to capture a picture and release a "trophy" fish.

Only speaking as if history will repeat itself.....

Duck dynasty, hillbilly handfishin, ginseng hunting. All these shows IMO have had negative impacts on the sport.

Hope your buddies the best and the show looks like theyll have some followers but sure hope their intentions are good!

IMO its just some good ole boys out having fun. The show came as a product of them just trying to sell their diddy poles. They have worked their butts off with investors and others to get all this in motion. They caught 299 pounds of flat heads last weekend and let all, but one 11 pounder go. If you don't like it, don't watch the show or buy there all USA made products.

There will always be a few haters.

Don't take this the wrong way but do you honestly think a show of this nature is good for the sport of cat fishing?! Honest question.....

1) Show looks like they have good intentions however bringing pressure to something as delicate as our flathead fishery surely doesn't seem good. Last thing we need is every redneck in the state out trying to bank big flats. And let's be honest we know how hard it is now adays for guys to capture a picture and release a "trophy" fish.

Only speaking as if history will repeat itself.....

2) Duck dynasty, hillbilly handfishin, ginseng hunting. All these shows IMO have had negative impacts on the sport.

Hope your buddies the best and the show looks like theyll have some followers but sure hope their intentions are good!

1) Is our flathead fishery that delicate? What info are you basing that statement on? I'm not being confrontational, I just want to know.

2) In what manner have these shows had a negative impact on their respective corner of the sport? I'm not aware of any noticeable impact (except maybe ginseng) on either duck hunting or dumb-assery.

Please provide your sources for these statements.

1) Is our flathead fishery that delicate? What info are you basing that statement on? I'm not being confrontational, I just want to know.

2) In what manner have these shows had a negative impact on their respective corner of the sport? I'm not aware of any noticeable impact (except maybe ginseng) on either duck hunting or dumb-assery.

Please provide your sources for these statements.

I'm not into arguing for the sake of arguing. Life's too short........

However........

Please provide some pictures of your duck harvest, your roots you've dug, and some flathead's you've personally caught.................................

Once you've proven your worth, I'll gladly spend some time digging up FACTS to prove my point. Until then, your not worth my time :rolleyes:

I'm not into arguing for the sake of arguing. Life's too short........

However........

Please provide some pictures of your duck harvest, your roots you've dug, and some flathead's you've personally caught.................................

Once you've proven your worth, I'll gladly spend some time digging up FACTS to prove my point. Until then, your not worth my time :rolleyes:

I don't hunt ducks, dig roots or target flatheads. As a result, I have no pics!

But it strikes me as funny that when I ask you for more information (like facts, not just your opinion) you behave like this:

angry-fat-guy-o.gif

at first I was all like:

million-dollar-man-laugh-o.gif

but then I was all like:

attachment.php

because I realize that you don't have any facts! You tried to look cool by questioning someone else's work and it backfired!

Nice job Booner!

BTW

I completely stole this whole idea for this post from here.

Last edited:
If we are talking about hunting ducks here in Iowa that's the first problem.. I personally don't think duck dynasty has had an influence in any way on duck hunting due to the fact it's more about the family and company rather than the hunting itself..I've also met the Robertsons a couple of times in Wisconsin when they used to have the big DU festival up there. Great people to be around. Hillbilly hand fishing also hasn't done anything here do to the fact it is illegal to hand fish in Iowa.

The show came as a product of them just trying to sell their diddy poles. . If you like it, buy their all USA made products.

Where might one find more information on purchasing one or several of their finely crafted, made in the USA products?

Looks like it will be entertaining to say the least. Hopefully I can pick up some pointers to put a big flathead or two in the boat.

Where might one find more information on purchasing one or several of their finely crafted, made in the USA products?

They will have their Web page live next week. You can order everything you would ever need to land a few Flats off it! I will post their Web address as soon as it's up and running!

They will have their Web page live next week. You can order everything you would ever need to land a few Flats off it! I will post their Web address as soon as it's up and running!

Good deal. I Googled ditty poles and mudbums and nothing came up. Be sure to post their website when it's up and running. I have some spots close to home I'd like to try.

Top Bottom