Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

flat head show

It seems like there is always a hater on every post on here. This is why forums are getting worse and worse. I wish them the best of luck!!

It seems like there is always a hater on every post on here. This is why forums are getting worse and worse. I wish them the best of luck!!

It has nothing to do with hating. We all are entitled our opinion. Something a guy feels strongly about he should have no issues at voicing his stand whether you agree or tom down the road disagrees. We live in this great country and those types of things are allows, freedom of speech. I grew up and was raised, you see something you don't agree with you voice your opinion while maintaining your respect for one an other. That being said, guys who make posts like this are what's wrong online forums. The topic is about flatheads, something I feel strongly about, something I've been around most of my life and something id like to consider myself "first hand" knowlegable about.

As i said before, people who wanna argue throw up those pictures and stop with the arm chair sit behind a desk know it alls. I've caught and released more 30lb flats than 90% of the guys on this site have probably ever seen. I don't agree with shows "pimpin" a product. The entire motive behind this show isn't the "good ol boy" "river rat" because those guys will never sell out to be in the public eye. And finally, all of this is my opinion and my thought on the situation. Right or wrong in your eyes I really don't give a flying.....

Ive been known to catch a few flatheads from time to time. As an avid chaser of these big guys I would have to say that ive seen more and bigger flatheads caught in the last 5 yrs or so than I can ever remember. Some fellas keep them, some release them. Either way its 100% legal and ive seen no negative impact on the population. This tv show will not negatively impact a thing. Pvc sales may go up but thats all I forsee.
Its really fun but is actually alot of work when ya get right down to catching bait and running lines 3-4 times a day or more.
I dont see this causing a surge of people running to the rivers to land a 60 pounder

I must say booner. For not wanting to argue, you keep coming back trying to start more crap. There is a name for people like you. Trolls. Trolling around forums trying to start drama. You keep saying you want proof of others catches, but yet we haven't seen any pictures from you. I will be sure to let them know that booner from Iowa Whitetail doesn't approve. I bet they will decide to cancel the show and all their hard work.

It has nothing to do with hating. We all are entitled our opinion. Something a guy feels strongly about he should have no issues at voicing his stand whether you agree or tom down the road disagrees. We live in this great country and those types of things are allows, freedom of speech. I grew up and was raised, you see something you don't agree with you voice your opinion while maintaining your respect for one an other. That being said, guys who make posts like this are what's wrong online forums. The topic is about flatheads, something I feel strongly about, something I've been around most of my life and something id like to consider myself "first hand" knowlegable about.

As i said before, people who wanna argue throw up those pictures and stop with the arm chair sit behind a desk know it alls. I've caught and released more 30lb flats than 90% of the guys on this site have probably ever seen. I don't agree with shows "pimpin" a product. The entire motive behind this show isn't the "good ol boy" "river rat" because those guys will never sell out to be in the public eye. And finally, all of this is my opinion and my thought on the situation. Right or wrong in your eyes I really don't give a flying.....

Booner,

Your opinion I can respect. If you have concerns about a game species, voice those as well.
But when you try to pass off your opinion as a fact, I have a problem with that. And I'll call you on it every time I see.

Don't get all bent out of shape just because somebody asks a fair question about something you've stated as a fact. Case in point, IF our flathead populations were truly at risk, I think most guys on here would want to know about it.

As far as the arguing goes, that's a matter of perspective. People have long held opinions about things and aren't afraid to share their views. I wouldn't necessarily call that arguing. Look at the discussion on Bees and GMOs. Things can get heated. If you don't like it, don't participate or read it.

Now, about that post I directed at you. It wasn't personal. I was waiting to use that one and you just happened to set yourself up for it.

I must say booner. For not wanting to argue, you keep coming back trying to start more crap. There is a name for people like you. Trolls. Trolling around forums trying to start drama. You keep saying you want proof of others catches, but yet we haven't seen any pictures from you. I will be sure to let them know that booner from Iowa Whitetail doesn't approve. I bet they will decide to cancel the show and all their hard work.

? Am I suppose to just roll over as yourself and others bash and make smart remarks? Guess I never recall saying a word about "not arguing". Simply lifes to short to argue for the sake of argueing. I'm argueing on the behaf of a sport I love, you however are argueing on behalf grown men you can't wait to put their mud boys sticker on the back of your truck and tell everyone you know that they are your buddies. The pictures were wanted to weed out the blow hards arguing to argue and the guys who may have a clue. It's clear to see were your big bad self lies. Troll? You make a post looking for atta boys for your buddies who wanna be famous. I think it's a joke, so I stated my opinion. I asked for their intentions, promote flatheads and the traditions that come with bank polin or was it to pimp their product. You answered that! Anyone who claims no harm will be done by their show is simply being rediculous and lives with Santa Claus as it's completely changed any sport that has been over run with "wanna be" hunting professionals. Deer hunting itself at the top of that list. Watch any deer hunting show, 45 mins of promotional, 5 of hunting, 10 of telling a soap opera story.

And as for those pictures I'll make sure and post em tomorrow night when I get back to a computer just for you! My quest for the pictures was for a sole put your money where your mouth is. A simple adult conversation yet again escalades because everyone knows something about everything.

Booner,

Your opinion I can respect. If you have concerns about a game species, voice those as well.
But when you try to pass off your opinion as a fact, I have a problem with that. And I'll call you on it every time I see.

Don't get all bent out of shape just because somebody asks a fair question about something you've stated as a fact. Case in point, IF our flathead populations were truly at risk, I think most guys on here would want to know about it.

As far as the arguing goes, that's a matter of perspective. People have long held opinions about things and aren't afraid to share their views. I wouldn't necessarily call that arguing. Look at the discussion on Bees and GMOs. Things can get heated. If you don't like it, don't participate or read it.

Now, about that post I directed at you. It wasn't personal. I was waiting to use that one and you just happened to set yourself up for it.

What facts are you speaking of. The flat head cAtfish is 100% a delicate species. Do the research and see what it takes for even 1% of their hatch to make it past fry in iowas rivers and streams. You haven't any idea what you are talking about and are the one argueing to argue or B you are buddies making this show. Plain and simple, clear cut and dry.

What facts are you speaking of. The flat head cAtfish is 100% a delicate species. Do the research and see what it takes for even 1% of their hatch to make it past fry in iowas rivers and streams. You haven't any idea what you are talking about and are the one argueing to argue or B you are buddies making this show. Plain and simple, clear cut and dry.

It ain't option "A" and I wish it were "B" but its not that either.
I can see that video in post 14 of the guy throwing a fit (aka-you) is more spot on than I had suspected...
I did some research on flatheads after you refused to post any sources ( more evidence you just talk out your arse).
I couldn't find anything to substantiate your claim the flathead fishery is "delicate".
Quite the opposite. The DNR website claims 65 thousand pounds are harvested annually, that means every year (I don't want you to misunderstand anything) and they make no mention of the species being in any kind of trouble. In fact they give tips on how best to catch them!

If I had to make a wager, it would be that you don't know what your talking about!

Last edited:
Mudingbuck,

Booner does bring up a good point (surprisingly).

STICKERS.

For my truck. Do they have 'em?
If not, why not and tell them to get some!

This all makes me laugh. I enjoy this site and will always expect haters to hate! I guess thats just part of any public forum. I can't honestly say I haven't caught any flat heads myself. I have banked a few big flats, but I didn't set the line or even fish for bait. I was just lucky enough to be with the old timer when he checked the lines for the evening. Pulled in a few big ones, but can't take the credit for any of it other then being the muscle that pulled them into the boat.

I wasn't looking for any "atta boys" from this post. They are good friends and family, like any good friend would do I was just helping get the word out for them. They didn't start the show to sell their poles. They simply were making the poles and marketing them when one of their investors pushed the idea of the show. So it was a matter of knowing the right people. I won't be putting any Mud Boy stickers on the trucks or even Mud Bum Boys for that matter. Just proud of my dudes!

I agree that there are way to many "wanna be" pro hunters and internet know it alls, but that falls into your Freedom of Speech! God bless America.

I will be waiting for your brag pictures!

It ain't option "A" and I wish it were "B" but its not that either.
I can see that video in post 14 of the guy throwing a fit (aka-you) is more spot on than I had suspected...
I did some research on flatheads after you refused to post any sources ( more evidence you just talk out your arse).
I couldn't find anything to substantiate your claim the flathead fishery is "delicate".
Quite the opposite. The DNR website claims 65 thousand pounds are harvested annually, that means every year (I don't want you to misunderstand anything) and they make no mention of the species being in any kind of trouble. In fact they give tips on how best to catch them!

If I had to make a wager, it would be that you don't know what your talking about!

Honest question, how old are you?

Secondly, go research delicate and then reread the posts I've made. I used the word delicate. Of which the flat head catfish falls into. 65,000lbs? And that's substantial to you? Did you read through this thread and see what was caught by the mud boys in one weekend? 3 guys, 15 rods and we've boated 300lbs in one night, multiple times!!!! Do the math buddy and tells how fast hundreds of guys with that success can double or triple that 65,000lbs.

I'm done with this joke thread. You have anymore to add shoot me a pm and I'll give you my address so we can meet face to face. If I had to gamble your tone would change mighty mighty fast.

Secondly, go research delicate and then reread the posts I've made. I used the word delicate. Of which the flat head catfish falls into. 65,000lbs? And that's substantial to you? Did you read through this thread and see what was caught by the mud boys in one weekend? 3 guys, 15 rods and we've boated 300lbs in one night, multiple times!!!! Do the math buddy and tells how fast hundreds of guys with that success can double or triple that 65,000lbs.

I'm done with this joke thread. You have anymore to add shoot me a pm and I'll give you my address so we can meet face to face. If I had to gamble your tone would change mighty mighty fast.

I'm 39 years old. and check your inbox. PM sent

Also, the math works out to be 216.6 (65,000 divided by 300). It would take that many days in order to reach that weight in fish caught. Or, it would take 22 guys 10 days catching 30 pounds of fish a day. Or, it would take 44 guys 5 days catching one good fish a day.

Last edited:

I am your huckleberry! 606 Hooper St. Melbourne IA

Mr. Booner,

It seems that you continuously come up in arguments on Iowa Whitetail. Now, I personally know you, and know you're a good guy….but c'mon man…..lighten up a little bit. As you've mentioned, life is just too short.

When you say let's meet 'face to face' and 'If I had to gamble your tone would change mighty mighty fast'……that comes off as #1) Immature #2) Threatening #3) #ToughManBehindComputerSyndrome. No offense, just my honest opinion.

By the way, Mr. Buckroyd, just watched the video. I cancelled Dish Network a few weeks back, so I won't be able to watch any of their stuff besides what they post on the internet. I'm not much of a fisherman, but have went with others from time to time and had a good time. Keep in touch.

Top Bottom