Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Fodder for the Cyclowns...

Deaner

know this doesn't have anything to do with deer hunting but...Did anyone else think the officals for the Iowa/Florida game today needed to be strung up in the closest tree???? I know all you ISU fans are probably laughing your a$$'s off but man Iowa got some horse s**t calls called against them didn't they!?!?!?!?!

I watch a few football games a year.....usually a social thing...
beerchug.gif

All I could think about the entire game was what was going on at "BIG C's" place with all the crappy calls.

You have never in your life watched an Iowa game until you have been in the same room with Limb Chicken and his Pappy.....

I could hear it all the way down in Southern Iowa!!!!! Ha
grin.gif

I stopped watching when Iowa was called for offensive facemask and they replayed the call and it was the florida tight end that did the facemasking. Iowa was still stuck with the call. HORRIBLE calls. Notre Dame had some terrible calls against them also.

heres another pic with the kicker making contact with the ball....The ball is gone in that pic, is there a foot over the line?????

No,

p!ss poor call in my book period.
offsides2.jpg

How bout that helmet to helmet contact call on the QB that led to a TD. Looked like a good arm tackle to me??

I am a cyclone fan and I do feel for you hawkeye fans. I thought both bowl games had really bad calls. Its clear that the Big East and C-USA refs have no right to ref a big game again! Both Iowa teams got screwed over.

I agree, there were many really bogus calls in that game. But in looking at the picture I think the ref called Greenway's shadow offsides!

Maybe that's how they do things in the Big South Conference, or wherever those morons were from.

You hate to complain about the refs costing you a game, BUT, I truely think the Hawks got screwed on that onside kick. They had momentum and clearly could have won that game. I hope these lesser conferences do not get asked to ref the bowl games next year. Could they have not reviewed the onside kick??? It would have been overturned and Iowa would have had the ball on Florida's 45 with plenty of time to go.

Wow. You sucked me in with the subject heading about the Cyclowns. Slamming the cyclones and making excuses in the same post. It feels like it's September again.
smirk.gif

isu, michigan, and iowa were all taken out of games they very well could (should) have won, by inept, refs. phantom fouls, fear of stopping the game to use the review, to name a few. the director of the big ten should be outraged. something definately needs to be changed. teams entire season comes down to one game, and the refs single handedly take (in my opinion) the better team out of all 3 games.

if i was kirk ferentz, i would have been fined to the maximum for my post game interview. if i was him, that would have made up my mind to go to the pros, and leave retarded crap like that for the next guy

Incredibly awful officiating!!!!!!!!!

Did any of you listen to the postgame show on WHO radio? I thought Kirk Ferentz and the players interviewd did an outstanding classy job of commenting after such miserable officiating. I do not think I could have been as gracious as they were. I say again, A class act!!!!!!!!!!!

In the gazzette they interviewed a former big ten ref from iowa. He said the offside penalty was bogus, and that they were taught in the big ten to only call offsides on a kickoff if they were over by a yard or more. I guess its the other way around for C-USA officials. I loved that announcers at the end of the game too, nice to no someelse is on your side

Or how bout the idiot that got in the way of Herb Grigsby. A sure reception for a 1st down inside the 3 for a 1st down or a touchdown. Then a missed field goal and Iowa comes away with no points. Just as or more costly as the Iwebema call IMO.....
cussing.gif

Those guys were terrible, I agree that I wouldn't have been able to hold my tounge like Kirk and his players did after the game. Solomons face mask, the helmet to helmet, the offsides, and I even think the roughing the kicker was bull, Schoor was just laying under him and the punter landed on him. I would have to retire if I lost a game for a team and knew I did it. I feel for the seniors who had to go out like that.

I rooted for the Clones in their bowl. I rooted for UNI as they fought for a National Championship. I rooted for the Hawkeyes in the Outback Bowl.

All I can say about the game is that it is nice to see someone take responsibilities these days. It seems common practice to be the victim these days and to place blame elsewhere. If Iowa had been on top of their game, the poor officiating would not have mattered. Seems rough that they faced two teams that day (Florida and the officials), but you try to control the things that you can, don't focus on what you can't and hope for the best.

Ouch! Cybball that zinger kinds of hurts...but that's fair game. Wait till next year in Iowa City...I wouldn't care if you guys beat us every year if that's what it took to play every year in January! How many January bowl games you guys played in? HA HA

No comments.....we've had our share of bad calls.

It's not a fun way to lose a game....or win one...for that matter.

Is it safe to apply for my NR lic. next season?

Top Bottom