Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"Frank N. Stein" - the Decoy

Rackaddict

Life Member
I just finished the "improvements" on my decoy, or at least I hope they are improvements.

I used my old Redi-Doe decoy and added glass eyes, real anlers and the hides of three different deer to put it together. Since the actual ears from the cape would not fit, I used leftover hide and shaved the hair shorter with clippers and used hair bleach to lighten the inside edges. I had to do alot of cutting and sewing to make it fit since the Redi-Doe does not come in an anatomically correct option.

All the hide and cape is attached with snaps so I can take it all off if I need to. The antlers have square pins in them which slid into the square tubing inside the head. I finished it off with an airbrush, instead of jumper cables and a lightning rod, to bring him back to life.

The head and neck, ears and legs all come off just like the factory designed it for so called "easy packing" it in and out of the woods.

Now the BIG question is.....will "Frank" lure in a victim?

582Decoy_side-med.JPG

582Decoy_rear-med.JPG

The Mug Shot
582Decoy_close-up-med.JPG

You should start your own taxidermy shop and kick the clippers aside. Rack, that is awesome and I'm sure it will freak out those bucks it does lure. Good luck with Franky...

Are you concerned about scent ie how the hide was treated? Looks real good
waytogo.gif

Hunt on All4s

Impressive, I'll order one !

I hope you have your camcorder ready in case some Big Bruiser comes in and waylays him.

Let us know how it works.

Man that looks good! I can't believe I gave you a bad time about it when you described it to me. I half way thought you where just messing around with me. Don't ask me why I'd think like that. To think I could have seen it in person before you went public with it. Now I'll struggle every time I consider taking you seriously.
grin.gif

Seriously that is really cool and moose is right.

Why does the movie "Silence of the Lambs" come to mind? Oh yeah, thats it, some guy was keeping women in a hole in his basment and using their skins to make a new clothes. Lots of sewing, clipping and fitting.

Rack, I'm a little worried about you. Anybody seen your wife lately?

The 'Bonker

That "thing" should work great!

I have to agree with Moose as well, way too much time on your hands. You need a couple of kids and a 65 hour a week job!
busted.gif

I'm not even sure if that'd be legal here but besides that it looks fantastic, I bet one or 2 bucks will beat the crap out of that this fall!

Nice work.You had better not leave that big guy out in the yard for too long or it might not be just your arrows your pullin.He looks like the real deal.

I hope the big bucks don't beat him up too bad,and destroy all the excellent hard work you put into him.Good job!

That is a great looking decoy but I have the same question. What about scent, are you worried about that at all.

Glad you like it guys. Now I hope the deer respond as well.

As for the scent issue, it is a concern. The hide smells like any other leather. I set it outside everyday so it airs out and have been spraying it with Scent Away trying to neutralize the scent the best I can. I'll rub some cedar on it and what ever else I can find in the woods to help make it as woodsy smelling as possible. Other than that I'll just have to hope for the best.
waytogo.gif

That shot from behind looks like it's wearing a mini skirt...Maybe you should take the antlers off and lure them in like that
grin.gif
all jokes aside, that thing is awesome!

Top Bottom