Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

friends of iowa news article..here they come

There we go, that's better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>allows the <s> DNR</s> to determine the number of nonresident turkey and any sex deer licenses,</span></span> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: midwestfoodplots</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let me tell you how he feels pressure from the non-residents. The State and DNR are very strapped for cash, but every year Ken's team has to turn away roughly $2 mil in revenue from NR's that want to hunt but don't get drawn. The NR's .like FOI, are fully aware of this and are politically putting the pressure on him to take the $2 mil, by simply letting NR landowners get tags or increase the number of NR tags. Ken would probably like as much as you and I to not increase the number of NR tags, but $2 mil is nothing to sneeze at. Hence lies the problem, if your going to walk away from that money, you need to have some solution in place to make up for it, because until we come up with one, the NR has the money, leverage, and upper hand. Welcome to politics.

I can assure you, that if we put together a plan of action and got the right Resident Expert group together to present, I feel pretty comfortable that I can get you a meeting with Ken and probably Rich.

The part that we are missing is that, these meetings need to take place in the fall. It's always better to hit the legislature upfront with momentum, then to come at them at the end of Feb. Just looks too reactive. </div></div>

Why lobby for an increase in NR tags, because you need the cash, and on the other hand lobby to give away revenue from NR landowners(NR tags,small game permits,doe tags, deprivation tags)? If they want to build a private resort here there is big money to be made and they should pay for every animal. AND pay big! If successful these NR landowner can then manage their private resource and build on their empire. The goal of Herring has zero to do with protecting Iowa's natural resource. This is an agenda not a move for revenue. CLEARLY!!! These efforts combined are a move toward the privatization of the natural resource(mainly deer). I firmly believe this is the end goal of this industry, just like Texas. Tell me Herring won't be working for one of these organization when he retires.

I have an idea to organize that can be effective. I would like to creatate the group midwestfoodplots suggested. Please PM me if you are interested.

This may have been posted already but this is an FOI email being sent out encouraging members to "copy and paste" and forward to legislators.

I try not to get angry and upset over all this but it sure is troubling and it concerns me when someone feels they should have the same "privliges" as a non-resident as a resident.

Our whole nation is based on privliges that go with being a "citizen" or "resident" rather then just a "free for all".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Support Non-resident Landowner privliges

In its recent report to the Iowa Legislature the Iowa Deer Advisory Committee stated “It is important from a social and economic perspective for non-resident hunters to not be restricted without sound management reasons”. As a (resident, non-resident) Iowa landowner I believe that all landowners should be treated alike and allowed the same privileges, including hunting privileges. Denying a large group of landowners from being able to manage their own properties affects Iowa ’s wildlife and its habitat. There is a lot of passionate debate concerning this issue and I understand the concerns that are raised. As Iowa landowners we all embrace Iowa ’s heritage, there is room for compromise without compromising the quality of Iowa ’s wildlife, which we all enjoy.

Thank you for your time and consideration

Sincerely,

Mike Sorensen

</div></div>

Keep contacting legislators or the ones that holler the most will get all the attention... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbltree</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I try not to get angry and upset over all this but it sure is troubling and it concerns me when someone feels they should have the same "privliges" as a non-resident as a resident.

Our whole nation is based on privliges that go with being a "citizen" or "resident" rather then just a "free for all".
</div></div>

Definitely is troubling and very hard not to get angry about it! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

I've made that statement very clear in the letters I've written. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom