Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

$ FROM HUSH?

My confusalator says thats 340K paid out. How much did they take in? I suppose I could find that number. Wouldn't it just be the total number of tags sold?

What I'm getting at if there is a surpuls they should up the amount they pay to the locker so more lockers will participate. It sucked driving 30 miles outta my way just to drop off a doe. I drove right past a nonparticipating locker about three miles from where I was hunting.

Anway, I don't know what they are doin with the money, or even how much there is, but I think they could up the amount paid.

The 'Bonker

I woulda, but it was like 80 degrees out and I wasn't headed back to Solon till Sunday, which means it woulda been Monday before I could drop it off, after shooting it on a Friday night and another Saturday night. There is just something about maggots in the beg of my truck that bugs me.

Another thing to consider, the HUSH program pays 50 bucks to the locker, but there has to be other expenses like distribution of the meat, administrative fees, printing fees, and probably more.

The 'Bonker

If your in the Cedar Rapids area, donate your does to me /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I'll come pick them up..

I thought I read somewhere last year some figures the DNR put out that showed that the dollar fee didn't cover the cost of the HUSH program. Maybe Willie can help us out on this question. As far as lockers participating, I guess if they don't participate in the HUSH program you take all your business to the locker that does. We have to support those businesses and individuals who support us.

I could be wrong here, but I thought I remember reading that the state of IA kicked in money on top of HUSH.

The 2006-2007 HUSH fund was about $10,000 short. Meaning, the DNR had to chip in an additional 10K to cover what they paid to lockers. I'm unsure how 2007-2008 ended.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fatboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The FB needs to do more then the one time and then brag about it on a commercial. </div></div>

You beat me to it.

I was unaware that FB gave any money at all.

I believe the DNR had to kick in 30K this year from general budget.
When HUSH started we shamed FB into making a contribution and to my knowledge they did so one time.

hoofline.gif

This is an interesting read:

http://www.legis.state.ia.us/lsadocs/IssReview/2008/IRDFK001.pdf

hoofline.gif

<span style="color: #CC0000">Would you like more information about becoming an iowawhitetail PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;</span> Details Here!<span style="color: #CC0000">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

Interesting read Blake, thanks. Are there no lockers in southern Iowa or do they just not participate. I would think it would help hunters shoot more does if they had a locker that would take the deer for HUSH.

I really wish I could cut out loins and turn them in. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Grinding loins has to be a man law violation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldgene</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there no lockers in southern Iowa or do they just not participate. I would think it would help hunters shoot more does if they had a locker that would take the deer for HUSH. </div></div>

This is an issue we ran into down there and i think that if they had more available it would help!!!!

Top Bottom