Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Giant 8 - 170"

iowahunter222

Heard this weekend that a giant 8 pointer that could possibly score 170" was harvested on the eastern part of the state. At least that's what they've told me..... It would take a helluva 8 pointer to score that high don't you think? Is there any records of giant 8's taken in Iowa?

Does anyone on here know/heard of this buck? I would absolutely love to see it if it really does score that high!!

IDK but I think it would need to be a lot bigger than 170 to touch a record, even for an 8 point. I don't know if they keep track of inches to points though?

Yea...I saw a pic of it. Not certain on location but was hearing N Central part of Iowa. It's a pig. I will try and post a pic of what I saw already

The largest 4x4 ever was poached a few years ago in Minnesota. I believe it scored 183...there was another one shot in Illinois recently that scored above 180 as well

Damn, was the one in Illinois with a bow? I thought an 8 that scored 150 was huge.... Still would love to know if there's any truth to the Big 8 I heard about this weekend...

I took a 161 gross main frame 8 two years ago and I damn near passed out while trying to get a shot off. I think I was holding my breath while drawn maybe??:confused:

Regardless.........I'm afraid a 180" would have killed me. Guess I'd be willing to take the chance though.;)

That's a pig!! Holy cow...The mass on him is unreal!

Just spoke with a friend and said another 170" 8 pointer was for sure killed in Eastern Iowa. Can't get ahold of a picture though...what are the odds of two bucks that big and identical being killed the same weekend....urrgh....

Good heavens - what a gagger. I thought my buck had good mass - that thing is unreal heavy. Super buck.

I know a few 180's and a 212 were killed in eastern iowa between friday even and sat evening but i havnt heard anything about a big 8 thought.

I envy ya mr. Deer nut! Just got word and pics of a 198-206 killed mid day today. "Debate on scoring" either way its a toad.
They are moving and some seriously large deer are hitting the dirt!

Finally got some proof of this buck...supposedly this was the giant 8 that was killed. Haven't been able to see harvest photos...
forum

10628432_10201932064543762_794128683425603318_n_zps20c61245.jpg

photo.php
2Q==
forum

photo.php

He grossed 175 6/8 with 17" g2s and a 25 6/8 main beam. Sounds like they knew about him and supposedly they have hundreds of acres locked up

Top Bottom