Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Guaridan... vs Drenalin

Blaster

PMA Member
Guy and Gals. I would like to hear from some of you that have shot both of these bows the pro's and cons of each bow. It seems there are a lot of people switching over to the Guaridan. And i am really shocked that some of you actually went from the switchback to the Guaridan.

My biggest issue was that the Drenalin felt like a tuning fork, too much vibration.

I noticed the vibration as well. But, you are going to have that with a lighter bow that has less parallel limbs and shorter brace height. I felt like Mathews took a step back with the Dren (just my opinion). You really need to shoot the Guardian to understand what all the hoo haw (not hee haw) is about. Everyone that shoots the Guardian may not have the same opinion. But the more I shoot it, the more impressed I am.

That's the problem. I'm scared to go shoot these new bows. The last time i did that i bought my SQ2!
grin.gif

It seems that every year when the new bows come out, people say the same things like "Wow, this bow is the best yet"....."It won't get any better than this"....blah blah blah. I bought a new Trykon last year, and honestly I can't see how a bow could get any quieter or have less shock. Honestly, is the new Guardian any better than the bows in the past? After manufacturers reach a certain point, which they are at now, what can they possibly do to make them better?

I've shot the dren but not the guardian. The dren was like what was said to much hand shock. My comparison though is my switchback xt.

Like limb said a step back as far as iam concerned especially since it's been proven that a heavier bow is more accurate. Because of that I like mine heavy...it takes the shakes out a little better when mr. big comes.

To me the better comparison would be the XT vs guardian but maybe I'm biased.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with this.
waytogo.gif

I usually don't comment on bows other than the occasional poke here and there however another step has been taken with the Guardian in my opinion. It doesn't cost anything to shoot one. Go on a get ya some...
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with this.
waytogo.gif

I usually don't comment on bows other than the occasional poke here and there however another step has been taken with the Guardian in my opinion. It doesn't cost anything to shoot one. Go on a get ya some...
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Limb, I would love to, but I have a feeling that if I even mention to my wife anything about a new bow, I would be loosin some instead of gettin some!
grin.gif

What is this step that bowtech has taken. How does it clearly set it apart from last years models? In my opinion, when a bow already has zero hand shock and zero noise, the only thing that can change on the next years model is the look.

The design sure looks different to me. It's not just a change of look, but design to me. Heck if they really wanted to change the look they could take a tribute, throw a few flames on it, maybe add a few bells and whistles, and call it something ending with TEC and Whala a whole new bow
grin.gif
But I do not believe that is the case with these bows.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Geez Limb. I can't stand it anymore. 1st Chance I get I'm swinging into Pikes Peak and do some shootin.

Shhhhhhh. Don't tell my wife.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, is the new Guardian any better than the bows in the past?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, it is.

all the answers to your questions are at the bow shop. shoot the guardian, then you will see.

That's it! I'm going to go shoot one of these Guardian's and see for my self. I just can't believe they are that much better then the Switchback. But if it's getting some of you to switch from Matthews there must be something there.
grin.gif

I have been shooting the same Q2 since about 2001. I have decided I need a new bow so I went to test some out the other day. I shot the drenalin, the vectrix, the guardian, the tribute, the switchback xt, and the original switchback. Heres my two cents. The drenalin is not very impressive, I don't like light bows to begin with and there was a lot of hand shock, way more than I liked. The guardian was a sweet shooting bow, no doubt. It was dead in the hand and very quiet. I am just leary about split limbs and more moving parts. I also like a little larger grip in my hunting bow. And I couldn't help wondering if the moving arms aren't another place for squeeks and rattles to set in. I narrowed it down to the tribute and the XT. I finally settled on the XT even though I think the bowtech had a slight edge in less vibration. I chose the XT because I have had to deal with Mathews customer service in the past and they have bent over backwards to help out in a pinch. It was just a matter of staying with someone familiar, although I have not heard a bad word about bowtech either. I am sure they would do the same.

[ QUOTE ]
Geez Limb. I can't stand it anymore. 1st Chance I get I'm swinging into Pikes Peak and do some shootin.

[/ QUOTE ]

BEEN THERE. DONE THAT. ORDERED ONE...
grin.gif

I GUARANTEE you'll notice a difference between the Trykon and the Guardian.

I have shot the Drenalin, Vectrix and the Gaurdian. The Gaurdian is the top choice for me followed by the Vectrix and then the Drenalin. The hoyt and Mathews where close but the Bowtech way out classed the others. I too am a little leary of the new design and how it will perform over time but it really shoots sweet and I want one.

suck it up Ironwood....you did just get the missus a bow last year...boy needs an upgrade (your old one)...c'mon.....your slippin.

Top Bottom