Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Guaridan... vs Drenalin

[ QUOTE ]
huntcrazy,
I hope you kept that Q2 around, you just might pick it up again one day.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it has served me so well in the past, a couple of pope and young bucks, plus countless does and a couple of coyotes. It just has gotten to be a pain to tune. I am going to put new string and cables on it and still keep it as a back-up. I know too many guys who have had a high-speed-comeapart with their bows less than a week before a big trip. It never hurts to have a spare or two or three.

Ok guys... I have heard enough of the 'Ford vs. Chevy' mentality.... with all the hype regarding the Guardian I thought I had better shoot one before finalizing my decision to get my Switchback XT 'crackerized'.... for the record I was not impressed with the Guardian... actually quite disappointed considering all the hype... I do not like the draw cycle or the way the bow felt in my hand... I also shot the new Tribute and liked it better, but not well enough to switch.... I will stay with my XT for now....

With all the hype and peer pressure, I would guess there will be no shortage of Guardians for sale on ebay come next spring
grin.gif

I made the switch from a SQ2 to the Guardian. All I can say about that is there is a world of difference between the SQ2 and the Guardian or XT. The XT and the Guardian are all but dead even on noise and shock but it is the no cam lean Byanary system that won me over. You can set the Guardian up dead center and just shoot the bow. It doesn't take a tork wrench to turn the limb bolts and I personally like the smooth even draw without the big role over at the end. I was worried about the split limb thing (never been a split limb fan) and that extra arm but after watching it be drawn and shoot over and over that arm doesn't seem to move and it shoots so good that I'm willing to try the split limb thing. This bow isn't for everyone but it is for me.

Yeah... Bowtech does have a winner in that Binary Cam system....

More manufactures need to have adjustable cams.... plus the way they are attached to each other seems like an engineering breakthrough...

No doubt a great design....

[ QUOTE ]
Ok guys... I have heard enough of the 'Ford vs. Chevy' mentality.... with all the hype regarding the Guardian I thought I had better shoot one before finalizing my decision to get my Switchback XT 'crackerized'.... for the record I was not impressed with the Guardian... actually quite disappointed considering all the hype... I do not like the draw cycle or the way the bow felt in my hand... I also shot the new Tribute and liked it better, but not well enough to switch.... I will stay with my XT for now....

With all the hype and peer pressure, I would guess there will be no shortage of Guardians for sale on ebay come next spring
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it! Now i'm buying a Switchback!
wall.gif

At least if you decide to go with the Switchback you'll be some what familiar with them. They have been out long enough that all the bugs have gotten worked out. Plus there just isn't anything bad to say about them. I am one of those that likes to wait a year or two before buying anything new that comes out. Let the other people be the guinea pigs!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
That's it! Now i'm buying a Switchback!

[/ QUOTE ]

go ahead, buy it. you will be copying that little smiley dude bashing his head into that wall
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Plus there just isn't anything bad to say about them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont like mine and Im not real crazy about finding out that I dont like the guardian, so now whats a guy to do?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Plus there just isn't anything bad to say about them.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont like mine and Im not real crazy about finding out that I dont like the guardian, so now whats a guy to do?
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Give up and go home, all the deer are dead anyway.
grin.gif

Well, That is a good competion going on there. I have shot both the drenalin and the guardian and i though they were both solid bows.(they both show a very "SOLID" price as well).

I was wondering if anybody has shot the new PSE Mach X? [color:blue] [/color] I thought it was pretty neat PSE finally came out with a split limb design. Let me know how it shoots.

Just my 2 cents worth. Last weekend I shot a Drenalin, a Vectrix, and a Commander. I ended up buying the Commander. I have shot Mathews for the last 9 years. I have owned an MQ1, Conquest 2, Conquest 3, Legacy and a Switchback. I still own the Legacy, Conquest 3 and the Switchback. Switchback is going up for sale. I liked all 3 of the bows I tried. I have to say that the Vectrix was probably the smoothest of the 3. There was one thing I didn't like about the Drenalin. When I drew the bow back the last inch or so of the draw I looked down at the string suppressor on the bottom limb and it torqued to the right about 1/4" to 3/8". I would say the bottom limb is torquing. If you look at the cam it appears that the groove that the cable is in is machined wider on the receiving side to better accept the cable. I shot 2 different Drenalins and they both did the same thing. I have to believe that Mathews knows that these bows do this and there is probably nothing wrong with it, but it just didn't look right to me. I'm not a big fan of short, light bows either. To me the Drenalin is way too light. I personally like a heavier bow. I too believe Mathews took a step backwards with this bow as there was some hand shock to it. Like I said, just my 2 cents worth.

Mathews-man, what made you go with the Commander over the Guardian, or did you not get a chance to shoot the Guardian? Just curious.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a big fan of short, light bows either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, I think all bows are heading in the wrong direction. I wish I still had my Legacy.

I went into shopping for a bow this year with an open mind. I was going to shoot as many bows as I could and whatever felt/shot best to me would be my choice. I have no brand loyalty and I think that's what Mathews was banking on with the Drenalin.

I shot the Allegiance, Tribute ('07) and Guardian. All very nice bows. I thought the cams made the draw cycle a little rough right at the beginning but then smoothed out. Shot the Bear Truth, Instict, Hoyt Vectrix, Mathews Drenalin and Swithback XT. After all of that, it came down to the Vectrix and the Switchback XT. The Vectrix was the smoothest bow by far (Switchback was RIGHT behind it). I liked the Vectrix in the end however because it seemed a little heavier and I need all the steadiness I can get.

All great bows, just thought I would give the Vectrix its due. Any other Hoyt guys out there or am I alone here??

Muddy:
The shop I went to didn't have any Guardians in stock, but I wasn't planning on shooting it anyway. The Commander has 1/2" more brace and I believe it's 4" longer axle to axle. I'm not a big fan of shorter bows and that 1/2" in the brace seems to be better for me to shoot. My Legacy has 1/2" more brace than my Switchback and I shoot it a lot better. That's why my Switchback is going up for sale and not my Legacy.

Good enough answer for the girls I go with.
waytogo.gif

Still crazy to see some of the most loyal Mathews fans (6+ bows in a row) suddenly switch to another brand is all.

[ QUOTE ]
Good enough answer for the girls I go with.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too easy you, throw a meat pitch like that muddy. Come on man.

Guardian; Superior bow IMO. Didn't like the Drenaline...two words come to mind with my experience with the drenaline...hand shock.

Top Bottom